Andy Landers | The Boneyard

Andy Landers

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, I can't stand listening to him. He meanders through a topic in a slow, ponderous way (thanks to Rocky for just the right word). When you get through the sheer volume of words, you realize he's not making particularly insightful points. Unlistenable.

Reaction Score
Solution, Nan, is to go to Mute. Just before this post, I turned off Landers with a sigh of relief. Tonight with Rebecca doing color, I listened to the telecast because I know that she knows as much about the program as anyone. Interesting.

Reaction Score
they need to set up a shot clock for him off camera, and have it cut his mic when it gets to zero. I haven't really had a problem with him for much of the season but Lobo is usually there to keep him in line

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, I can't stand listening to him. He meanders through a topic in a slow, ponderous way (thanks to Rocky for just the right word). When you get through the sheer volume of words, you realize he's not making particularly insightful points. Unlistenable.

If you were looking for a basketball coach for a movie, he'd be your guy. Right out of central casting. I also think that he and Mike Huckabee were separated at birth,

Reaction Score
The perfect choice of words! Absolutely nothing of any value coming out. I sure miss Kara Lawson who I think is one of the best commentators I've ever heard. I would have loved to have her commentary tonight instead of the dribble coming out of Andy Landers. I think maybe we should suggest some of our Boneyarders put in a resume so we can get some comments of value.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Andy is a product of his environment and demographic. He lectures the audience like a prof from the 1940's, which, in a way, he is. He is something of a "mansplainer," which, for his generation was (sort of) OK. He knows basketball, but broadcasting isn't his thing. I'd guess he has had little or no training or off-air coaching in use of the medium. I find him very hard to listen to, as others have likewise said. But I also feel a little sorry for him.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Sad to say so true. It's sad because I actually like his personality. True because, man, listening to him is like an empty egg in a vacuum wrapped in a black hole.

Reaction Score
For these yankee ears, too much southern, good ole boy, pass me the grits, meandering. Is probably a great guy one on one and was a terrific coach I believe. Kinda like listening to Daryl Waltrip do NASCAR broadcasts - becomes very tiresome, very quickly.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

I have to agree.

Hearing him speak reminds me of the fact that molasses is a Southern staple.

Reaction Score
Earlier this season, with three people in the group, I didn't think Landers was so bad. He did seem to be a little too touchy-feely with Rebecca's arm and shoulder, though. Lately, though, he seems to mostly spout clichés or repeat what the other have said. In a two-person panel, he's horrible, using 5,000 words where 250 would do. Meanders like the Chatahoochie River.

Reaction Score
The quote from Churchill,
"I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest."

Ok, fair enough, you updated his original quote to the 21st Century. Winston Churchill meets Flash Gordon. :)

JordyG

Reaction Score
Earlier this season, with three people in the group, I didn't think Landers was so bad. He did seem to be a little too touchy-feely with Rebecca's arm and shoulder, though. Lately, though, he seems to mostly spout clichés or repeat what the other have said. In a two-person panel, he's horrible, using 5,000 words where 250 would do. Meanders like the Chatahoochie River.
And as Joyce said, eventually that river just "Passes out".

JordyG

Reaction Score
Ok, fair enough, you updated his original quote to the 21st Century. Winston Churchill meets Flash Gordon. :)
Nah. Mine is just a cheap imitation.

Reaction Score

Nan when he was talking about Tara it was downright awful. I mean how long does it take to say "she's been there so she can coach them through it"? Not 10 minutes that's for sure. Needles in the eyes stuff for sure!

Reaction Score
There is something different about Landers earlier in the season and now, and I have a feeling he's being coached badly. For t he record, I need to say that I was one of the first on here to say how much I liked his perspective. I thought - and continue to think - that his coach's view of things can be very interesting and perceptive.I don't mind his folksy southern style, either. But in the last couple of weeks, his style has become much more muted, as if someone told him he was overacting and needed to tone it down. Without any zing behind his delivery, he is much less interesting to listen to.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I have to agree.

Hearing him speak reminds me of the fact that molasses is a Southern staple.

Perfect analogy. While I've lived in the South a long time, I still have a Northern lack of patience: Southern drivers have molasses in their gas tanks and Southern pedestrians have molasses in their veins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom