Andy Katz Top 10 CBB Rivalries | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andy Katz Top 10 CBB Rivalries

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Sadly our rivalry with Cuse has gone the way of floppy disks and VCRs.

UNC-Duke us clearly at the top and Indiana-Purdue belongs at #2 even if it has lost a ton of luster over the years.

Not sure what comes next and I'm waking to give Gonzaga-St Mary's some consideration.

An argument can be made for us and Nova but as there really wasn't a time when a) they were our most important opponent and b) both schools were capable of making a very deep run it's difficult to claim this belongs above a number of other matchups.

Reaction Score
How about the "U Game"?

UConn versus UMass.

I remember when our major rival was Rhode Island.

Reaction Score
I don't even dislike Marquette. Just because they have good team and coach? Nothing to see here.

Reaction Score
I get up the most for Creighton I think. They have had alot of success against us since our return to the big east. I do think that going foward I would not be surprised if Marquette is our biggest rival though. Shaka seems like he is gonna have them be great for the future

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I would say Villanova is a Bigger Rival than Marquette
Location is closer both are truly Eastern Teams
A 33 year history vs 10 year.
We even played Nova when we we in the AAC
2014 NCAA Tourney
Home and Away
2017 , 2018
Both teams have won multiple NC this century . A no brainer .
So even apart we’ve gotten together . The only other old Big East team we played was Syracuse 3-4 times and GT home and Away
I Don’t recall anyone screaming for a game with Marquette .
PC is our oldest conference Rival as the series dates to the 1940’s
UMass , RI , BC and Holy Cross were traditional NE Rivals
Cincinnati with Mick was our only Real AAC Rival , Memphis/ Houston a distant second For some reason Temple never got to where should be .
During the Jarvis years, the rivalry with St. Johns got pretty heated. Remember ticket-gate?
But conference relationships aside, the game I always look forward to the most when it appears on our schedule or in the post season, is Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
I agree that Nova is by far a true rival.

Marquette is a really good team, but there just isn't an 'it' factor with them for it be a rivalry. It may come in near future, but Villanova, Georgetown and Providence are more of a rivalry. It may be one-sided recently in some of those scenarios. Marquette is more of an obstacle for UConn's short term goals for the conference.

Reaction Score
This is all news to me as well. I'll go let the rest of Marquette nation know!

So what do we do now, should I just start doing personal jabs at UConn fans or talk about a players mother or something? I'm not real good at this stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom