Andy Katz discusses UConn at Atlantis | The Boneyard

Andy Katz discusses UConn at Atlantis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Andy states that UConn could be Top 20 by January. Doesn't UConn have the talent, and experience, to be Top 10 by January? Perhaps we are all a bit biased from following The Boneyard?

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...georgia-tech-swarms-marquette-uconn-to-travel

I love it, I understand people being all "the world hates us" when we aren't in top 25s and we're a bubble tourney team, but this is we could be top 20 by January... which I think is spot on. Of course we could be top 10, we also 'could' be winless by that point, but odds are we wont be that or undefeated and top 10

Reaction Score
Our car crashed at the end of the season. Its been rebuilt.

Now have few old but good working parts, lost an engine, upgraded a few parts and added some new accessories. Its hard to say what the car will look like and how it will run, even with our expert driver.

It is a good looking car that hasn't been driven.

Reaction Score
Our car crashed at the end of the season. Its been rebuilt.

Now have few old but good working parts, lost an engine, upgraded a few parts and added some new accessories. Its hard to say what the car will look like and how it will run, even with our expert driver.

It is a good looking car that hasn't been driven.
But is the car a Ferrari?

Reaction Score
I will put my money on Willy "the whale" Whelen's projections (Adams 3rd best guard in AAC) over Andy Katz any day of the week including Sunday. Katz is a decent reporter but couldn't predict himself out of a paper bag.

https://www.getmoresports.com/american-athletic-conference-guards-rankings/

3. Jalen Adams, UConn Huskies

The only newcomer to the list, Adams was the highest ranked signee that any AAC program signed for the 2015 class. Not only that, but he’s going into a system that provides its guards with a tremendous amount of freedom with the ball, whether it is shooting or creating for teammates. Adams is an explosive talent who can score from all three levels while also competing on the defensive end. He’s my favorite for Rookie of the Year honors and to be an All-Conference selection when it’s all said and done next season.

Reaction Score
Welcome to the AAC. Same players in the ACC or Big and we're top 15 preseason trending to top 10. That's life in the mid-majors. Get used to it.

Reaction Score
But is the car a Ferrari?
No, but my other car is.

IMAG0149.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Welcome to the AAC. Same players in the ACC or Big and we're top 15 preseason trending to top 10. That's life in the mid-majors. Get used to it.
Bullspit. We finished fifth in the conference last season and missed the tournament.

We have a lot of potential this season with the additions of Gibbs, Miller and Adams, but until they are tested and prove themselves it doesn't matter what conference we are in.

Take care of business in the conference and then you can complain if we are still underrated.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
First of all, the great thing about sports is that you actually have to play. Predictions mean nothing. If predictions float someone's boat, so far as I understand math (not a strength), Top 20 could be anywhere from 1 to 20, so it's picking a fight where there isn't one to say Katz should be riding the BY bandwagon. We all have great expectations, but the parts still have to work together and of all the great point guards we've had, only one was really ready to drive the bus from day one and that was a long time ago. It will great if Adams can jump in and lead from the get go.

Reaction Score
While I do think we will be very good, we have yet to beat Houston at Houston. We need to figure this conference out. We especially need to learn to win on the road in the AAC. Dominate the conference and everything else will come.

Reaction Score
Bullspit. We finished fifth in the conference last season and missed the tournament.

We have a lot of potential this season with the additions of Gibbs, Miller and Adams, but until they are tested and prove themselves it doesn't matter what conference we are in.

Take care of business in the conference and then you can complain if we are still underrated.

Gibbs and Miller have been tested, and have proven themselves. These guys weren't video game characters last year. You do realize that those other leagues actually play real games, too, right?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Gibbs and Miller have been tested, and have proven themselves. These guys weren't video game characters last year. You do realize that those other leagues actually play real games, too, right?
Um, yes. I was referring to the team being tested and proving themselves, which I'm quite sure was obvious--even to you.

This is not a fantasy league where you just get to compile players' stats and compare them. You do realize that players have to play together on an actual team, right?

I'm all for the high hopes--I have them, too--but your insider information doesn't extend to prediction of game and season results. They have to play and win the games.

Reaction Score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Interesting dialogue BTW CMB & 8893.

I look forward to reading how the debate unfolds later today when I revisit the world famous Boneyard.

Best Always,
BDH :)

Reaction Score
The more pessimists the better. All good. I mean reality is they aren't pessimists they are saying Top 20 right? So that's not bad. How really really good we are will be the chemistry, and improved consistency from Rodney-DHam-Amida. If it all falls into place earlier than expected there will be a lot of bandwagon jumping for sure.

Reaction Score
I will put my money on Willy "the whale" Whelen's projections (Adams 3rd best guard in AAC) over Andy Katz any day of the week including Sunday. Katz is a decent reporter but couldn't predict himself out of a paper bag.

https://www.getmoresports.com/american-athletic-conference-guards-rankings/

3. Jalen Adams, UConn Huskies

The only newcomer to the list, Adams was the highest ranked signee that any AAC program signed for the 2015 class. Not only that, but he’s going into a system that provides its guards with a tremendous amount of freedom with the ball, whether it is shooting or creating for teammates. Adams is an explosive talent who can score from all three levels while also competing on the defensive end. He’s my favorite for Rookie of the Year honors and to be an All-Conference selection when it’s all said and done next season.
Just read his wings and bigs rankings and Hamilton and Brimah are projected top 5 in the conference, so adding Miller makes our weakness last year into our strength. The addition of Gibbs and Adams more than makes up for Boat. I would like to enter the tourney next year from the 20 spot, where most of the media will be ignoring us as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom