Andy Katz: Cincinatti pushing to join ACC (making case better candidate than UConn) | The Boneyard

Andy Katz: Cincinatti pushing to join ACC (making case better candidate than UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...i-bearcats-making-strong-push-join-acc-source

Cincinnati's talking points center on the success of the football team in the last five years, the combined success of football and men's basketball in the top 25 as recently as last year, the Cincinnati media market, the fertile Ohio football recruiting ground and its strength as a research institution.

The source said Cincinnati has stepped up the push to get into the ACC in light of the Big East adding Tulane as an all-sports member and East Carolina in football on Tuesday.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The only way to read that is that ESPN is afraid we're headed to a conference they are going to lose (the Big Ten) so it's now time to trash us on the way out.

exactly what i have been talking about when espn is the chat. on day 1 of the ruty/md stuff they imediately went to uconn pumping, then they found out that uconn bansk the acc invite but looks to b10. they then went to pump lville, now cincy and navy. telling...

Reaction Score
The source said Cincinnati has stepped up the push to get into the ACC in light of the Big East adding Tulane as an all-sports member and East Carolina in football on Tuesday.

Just reading this sentence makes it seem like Tulane and East Carolina are lepers. As in "Quick, gets us away from those freaks!"

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...i-bearcats-making-strong-push-join-acc-source

Cincinnati's talking points center on the success of the football team in the last five years, the combined success of football and men's basketball in the top 25 as recently as last year, the Cincinnati media market, the fertile Ohio football recruiting ground and its strength as a research institution.

Nothing about this article indicates to me that they're making a better case than UConn. Just that they're making a case.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
The good news is that an ACC source confirms that the ACC is looking at the possibility of a multi-team expansion.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
exactly what i have been talking about when espn is the chat. on day 1 of the ruty/md stuff they imediately went to uconn pumping, then they found out that uconn bansk the acc invite but looks to b10. they then went to pump lville, now cincy and navy. telling...

You two need to put down the crack pipe.

Reaction Score
The only way to read that is that ESPN is afraid we're headed to a conference they are going to lose (the Big Ten) so it's now time to trash us on the way out.
God I hope you're right.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If Cinci needed the incentive of the Tulane and ECU additions to start making a case, than logic dictates they are academically inept and not ACC material. They should be pushing for an SEC admission.

zls44

Reaction Score
Now ESPN is sending out its paid shills to put UConn down and tell it to stay in its place.

MORE PROOF!!!!!

Well, that's it. I'm convinced.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If Katz thinks that Tulane was the tipping point for Cincinnati, there are more packing peanuts in that giant skull of his than I originally thought.

Boise? Cool. SMU? Always liked cowboys. San Diego State? Love the weather.

Tulane? HOLY duck*! SOMEONE GET ME SWOFFORD ON THE LINE! WE GOTS TO GETS OUT!

Reaction Score
If Katz thinks that Tulane was the tipping point for Cincinnati, there are more packing peanuts in that giant skull of his than I originally thought.

Boise? Cool. SMU? Always liked cowboys. San Diego State? Love the weather.

Tulane? HOLY duck*! SOMEONE GET ME SWOFFORD ON THE LINE! WE GOTS TO GETS OUT!
You don't want to join them for Mardi Gras? Tulane used to be a member of the SEC!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You don't want to join them for Mardi Gras? Tulane used to be a member of the SEC!
Yep even the SEC has standards.

zls44

Reaction Score
I'm disappointed in that I was hoping UMass would be the school addition bringing irrational extra outrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom