Andy Katz: Cincinatti pushing to join ACC (making case better candidate than UConn) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andy Katz: Cincinatti pushing to join ACC (making case better candidate than UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If a BiG invite could potentially be on it's way (as many on here have alluded to), why would they not have announced 4 teams at once? This isn't attacking anyone by any means I am truly asking out of curiosity. Could Delaney have been trying to "get a feeler" for how the ACC would handle the $50m exit fee?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If a BiG invite could potentially be on it's way (as many on here have alluded to), why would they not have announced 4 teams at once? This isn't attacking anyone by any means I am truly asking out of curiosity. Could Delaney have been trying to "get a feeler" for how the ACC would handle the $50m exit fee?

read my post on the md thread about how the b10 is going to slide thru this with clean hands.

Reaction Score
If Cinci needed the incentive of the Tulane and ECU additions to start making a case, than logic dictates they are academically inept and not ACC material. They should be pushing for an SEC admission.

Does anyone know how the decision making process to add these two worked? Specifically, did UConn get a vote? It seems we shouldn't if we're on our way out

Reaction Score
and its strength as a research institution.

Hold on while I go crack up in laughter.

Listen, UC has OK academics, but nothing great. Their best programs are the Conservatory of Music (where I went for my Masters) and their art school. They just slashed their entire pharmacology department.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The only way to read that is that ESPN is afraid we're headed to a conference they are going to lose (the Big Ten) so it's now time to trash us on the way out.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Exactly!

Reaction Score
This reaffirms my belief Manuel is a clown and Susie is lost

Reaction Score
Swofford just got b* slapped by Delaney for encroaching on his (midwest) territory. He's reeling from MD leaving and the conference now looks like the BE circa 2003. He's busy trying to clean up the havoc he unleashed when he invited the irish slu+ to his pad for a drink, and now you think he says, hey I gotta good idea, let's double down and take Cincy?

My guess is they ain't doing anything until they pry more money from Don ESPN's fists to appease their fractured southern plank - Clemson and FSU (no not the U; no one is touchin Shalala's stinky slice of pie), and then expand. Leave the money where it is and invite either UConn or Ville to share in will simply send the southerners in to the B12 hands and open the door for the SEC to pry opne of the NC schools and VT away.

And then we can see if Scott Van Pelt goes on a rant like he did today by saying the ACC is a joke, its just the BE operating under an assumed name.

So, no Cincy. No nothing (IMO) until Swofford secures more money.

Reaction Score

The second-simplest explanation is probably "They don't have a 16th locked in".

The simplest explanation, of course, is that there is no B1G invite coming.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just because a dumb human wraps their cat up in aluminum foil doesn't make the cat wrong.

Oh the cat is never wrong. Just ask her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom