Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg talk about ollie and other coaches | The Boneyard

Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg talk about ollie and other coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Spoke to them, not about them.

Ollie gets on at about the 53 minute mark.

Reaction Score
KO emphasizing that he feels that we are much deeper this year and able to withstand injuries better. They all gave the vibe that Facey should be eligible if the NCAA is fair.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
KO emphasizing that he feels that we are much deeper this year and able to withstand injuries better. They all gave the vibe that Facey should be eligible if the NCAA is fair.

Seth Greenberg spoke in very strong terms about what a travesty it would be if Kentan is not ruled eligible, pointing out what a strong high school and what a good student/person he is.

Reaction Score
Ollie sounds so excited (as he should). So positive and confident! If he talks like that in locker rooms at halftime the team will walk through walls this year.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I do not get the feeling that Kevin Ollie is the one making the decisions regarding the eligibility of Tyler Olander.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Katz had tweeted that KO spoke about TO too... any update there? Back with he team this Saturday for practice?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Katz had tweeted that KO spoke about TO too... any update there? Back with he team this Saturday for practice?

Not currently allowed to practice or participate with the team. Will be evaluated on an ongoing basis on his ability to demonstrate that he is capable of making good decisions.

Reaction Score
So you're saying that Facey will not be eligible?
No katz asked KO about the status and KO said he's waiting at which point both Greenberg and Katz vouched for Facey being a great kid and his academic program, saying it would be a travesty if he's not allowed to play. NCAA just restored some of Penn State's scholarships today, it's about time we get a break.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
God you've got to love this guy. One pearl of wisdom after another.

CL82

Reaction Score
Love him talking about the bigs making the break more effective. That's exactly what we want from our 5: box out get the rebound and start the break.

Reaction Score
If you listen to that part of the interview, KO is watching what Tyler does every day and probably weekends, he has sources. My guess is that if he walks the straight and narrow he might miss minimal time and get back in to practice. Tough for a college kid not to drink and party but that seems like it's what he has to do.

Reaction Score
I finally had a chance to swing by Gampel today only to find the chicks playing and not the guys around 2:30 ish.......couldn't hang around had a meeting at 4...........guess the guys were late today! Damn wanted to get a report out.......;)

Reaction Score
We are going to run a ton, you can tell Ollie really likes what he has this year. We are going to be better than what most of the pundits think.

Reaction Score
Love him talking about the bigs making the break more effective. That's exactly what we want from our 5: box out get rebound and start the break.

Like Big Jake Voskhul(sp)?;)

Reaction Score
If you listen to that part of the interview, KO is watching what Tyler does every day and probably weekends, he has sources. My guess is that if he walks the straight and narrow he might miss minimal time and get back in to practice. Tough for a college kid not to drink and party but that seems like it's what he has to do.

time for Mr. Olander to grow up.

CL82

Reaction Score
Like Big Jake Voskhul(sp)?;)
1. I was thinking exactly the same thing.
2. My kids always referred to Voskuhl as 'Big Jake.'

He's changed a bit hasn't he?
p3972827-3.jpg

9257558.jpeg

Reaction Score
Wow Jake and Ray......great "family" pic.......Jake is as much a part of the program as anyone, huge part as a matter of fact. The things he did, the improvements he had are immeasurable. One of my favorites easily!

Reaction Score
Jake was vital to the first championship in 99. He deserves more love here on the boneyard.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Jake was vital to the first championship in 99. He deserves more love here on the boneyard.

Voskuhl did a little bit of everything very well. Particularly his outlet passing and screening meant he did very well at making his teammates better ... and he started as a freshman. No surprise he was able to hang around a bit in the NBA, though hard to see how a versatile, high motor, 6'11" center could be under the radar in high school. Props to Calhoun.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Love him talking about the bigs making the break more effective. That's exactly what we want from our 5: box out get the rebound and start the break.

Absolutely! The poor rebounding hurt us so much last year. Good to know that KO realizes this. He said they want to get out and run even more this year. KO also mentioned the team's depth/versatility many times, so it sounds like he wants to get everyone running and putting in full energy with lots of subbing.

Also, great news that Omar is back and cleared to practice/play already. Hopefully he works hard to get himself into shape.

Love hearing KO speak. You can tell he has a high basketball IQ when talking about the team. He's always very motivating and positive. His grammar leaves a bit to be desired, but I'm not going to nit-pick. Its obvious why so many kids being recruited are listing UConn nowadays. I know that once Ollie gets some more experience that the team's results will speak in his favor as well and he'll really start to reel kids in.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just wish KO had started his talk about Tyler by repeating that he passed the breathalyzer. That needs to be said, otherwise it makes it sound like the "DUI charge" was dropped because of a plea deal or something. It was dropped because it was bogus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom