Andre | The Boneyard

Andre

Reaction Score
Currently 10/12 from the ft line... 8 mins left in the game. He mau be unstoppable if he becomes respectable from the line. Good for him

Also averaging 2 steals, a block, and 3 assists (triple his career high). Down on his points average, but I imagine hell get it up.

Reaction Score
Weird, his FTM per game is actually the same as his career average (1.8), despite the increase in percentage, due to the fact that his FTA is way down. Wonder what's going on there.

Reaction Score
Better % = less hack-a-dre

I suppose that contributes, but weren't they just having him off the court in a lot of those crunch times to reduce hack-a-dre? It could definitely be higher than it was before. His career FTA per game wasn't great to begin with. It was good.

Reaction Score
I guess maybe this game will be enough to make up the FTA deficit, heh.

Reaction Score
Dave Hopla, his old shooting coach at Detroit, threw some pot shots at Dre's desire right before the season in this article. My guess was that he need to shake his affiliation with Drummond and put him down publicly so he could find another job.

I'm happy he is hitting from the line and I love the fact that Dre is making Hopla look like an A hole.

Reaction Score
He's up to 78% after tonight, and that's without including preseason where he was also fairly effective. Unbelievable. I'm going to wait for a larger sample before getting too hyperbolic, but right now this tracks as one of the biggest and most inexplicable statistical anomalies I've seen in a while.

Beyond that, the thing with Dre that has most befuddled me is his massive regression in efficiency after year two. He's shot 52% from the field in the last three plus seasons after shooting 62% in his first two seasons. His usage is up a little bit, but not not nearly enough to explain that sort of dip. (Interestingly, DeAndre Jordan is down to 54% or so this season after hovering around 70% for the better part of Chris Paul's tenure)

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He has all the tools in the world. I keep hoping he learns to use them all at once and become a Boogie/AD type of two way monster. He's not that far away.

This shooting thing is incredible to me. So interesting how he's now suddenly GOOD. He was atrocious LAST YEAR and always.

I say interesting, but I think it shows how shooting is about confidence, rhythm, finding something...I always think anyone can learn to be a shooter if they want it badly enough. Maybe he's now putting in the work.

I'm rooting super hard for him, I have always loved him, he's become one of my favorites. If not for his brief stint, he definitely would be an all time favorite.

Reaction Score
It's been said that he shoots well in practice and has for a long time. So you could say it's more that his previous performance was the anomaly, all in his head.

Reaction Score
Weird, his FTM per game is actually the same as his career average (1.8), despite the increase in percentage, due to the fact that his FTA is way down. Wonder what's going on there.
I think it’s more of an anomaly because he’s has a couple games with 0 attempts. Either way, he’s using less possessions on missed FT, which is good for the offense. Nice to see him looking to pass too.

Reaction Score
I think it’s more of an anomaly because he’s has a couple games with 0 attempts. Either way, he’s using less possessions on missed FT, which is good for the offense. Nice to see him looking to pass too.
Stan's incorporated a lot of ball hand off and screens with Andre that have been getting him a lot of assists. Next thing Andre needs to do is set the screen and roll harder to the rim, to get more lobs than he has been. He's also not getting many ft's (besides last night) because they aren't posting him up nearly as much. He is one go-to move away from being an 18-20 ppg player. He's still relying on strength and athleticism to get buckets.

Reaction Score
I will never forget the first time I saw Andre in a UConn uniform at Gampel. During warmups I saw this guy that moved like a small forward, smooth and effortless. When it dawned on me that this was a 270 lb. guy (Andre), I was amazed by the combination of agility and size. I literally had never seen a BIG move like that before in 30 years of watching basketball.

The sky is the limit for Andre. Great to see him significantly improve his free throw shooting.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He definitely got the memo that if he can’t hit free throws he’s not going to stick around very long. Good for him for working hard and improving.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom