Andre Jackson | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
See a bunch of stuff about Sanogo, correctly so.

Jackson played real well tonight, especially the second half.

A few things which really stood out.
1. He is a big time disruptor of inbounds passes after made baskets. His length and quickness cause issues.
2. He was great in the middle against the zone. He had some real quick ball reversals to open players.
3. He is electric as us fans hoped he would be in the open court.
4. He can rebound too.

I checked out the box score. I thought he had 3-4 assists. I was surprised to see 6. I was also shocked to see 0 steals considering how many times he got his hands on the ball in passing lanes and from on the ball pressure.

Reaction Score
Once he got his nerves under control - those first couple minutes he was veryyyyyyyy stiff - he was a shawn marion-esque stat stuffer.

In fact I think that is his best comp - the Matrix.

The nice thing is that we won't have to rely on him for scoring, so he can. happily catch alley-oops, get assists on ball reversals and post entries, be a pest on defense and a beast on the boards, and that is an A+ season from him.

Lets go!

Reaction Score
Once he got his nerves under control - those first couple minutes he was veryyyyyyyy stiff - he was a shawn marion-esque stat stuffer.

In fact I think that is his best comp - the Matrix.

The nice thing is that we won't have to rely on him for scoring, so he can. happily catch alley-oops, get assists on ball reversals and post entries, be a pest on defense and a beast on the boards, and that is an A+ season from him.

Lets go!
Agree. He looked very timid early on but seemed to loosen up a bit in the second half. I was surprised at how big he is. He is an absolute manchild. Hes so physically gifted im guessing the skies the limit with him. With his passing and rebounding i wonder if he`ll be a Ben Simmons type eventually.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
He is a specimen. I mean he looks the part. He needs to play b/c his gifts alone are a plus factor for us. Once he learns what he's doing and plays free from moment to moment, Goodness. He needs to shoot, he can't be fearful, particularly when games are relatively secure.

Reaction Score
Athleticism is obvious.. Disruptive on D.. One of the things that stood out to me was his court vision with the ball in his hands.... Passing..A lost art for most wing players.. Teammates need to have their hands ready on offense..

Reaction Score
Underrated play of the game was at the 5:52 mark in Storrs South’s highlights where he contests a shot, gets the board, and then makes a kinda strange lob pass up ahead to Bouknight in stride for an easy 2. It all looked so effortless but feel like that pass is much more difficult than it looked.

Reaction Score
By the end of the season, he may very well be the second best player on the team. I also suspect he will be first team all freshman. There was a lot to love about AJ last night. Give him some time to adjust to the game at this level and we have a bonafide stud.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Agree. He looked very timid early on but seemed to loosen up a bit in the second half. I was surprised at how big he is. He is an absolute manchild. Hes so physically gifted im guessing the skies the limit with him. With his passing and rebounding i wonder if he`ll be a Ben Simmons type eventually.

Usually term man child is reserved for bigs but you aren't necessarily wrong. In this case it's apparent he has a ton of skill and a still developing body. If he grows anywhere close to the rumors of 6'8" and gets in to the 220 lbs range, he will be lethal.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Underrated play of the game was at the 5:52 mark in Storrs South’s highlights where he contests a shot, gets the board, and then makes a kinda strange lob pass up ahead to Bouknight in stride for an easy 2. It all looked so effortless but feel like that pass is much more difficult than it looked.

Yes, that was a heckuva pass to make while he was on the run and to deliver it in stride to Bouk.

Reaction Score
4pts, 5rebs, 6assts in 19 mins is solid for his first college game especially considering he missed something lke 12 practices this summer and is still abit behind schedule according to Hurley. His ability to impact games without scoring is impressive and will get him alot of playing time this season.

Reaction Score

Watching these highlights again a few things stood out:

1. Bouknight’s defense is much improved
2. Andre’s court vision is very good for a Freshman
3. Whaley really knows how to finish around the rim. You know you’re throwing it down with authority when your balls are at your opponent’s eye level. That’s how you send it home!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
favorite, and revealing aj play of the game: ccsu shoots ft, ball bounces high off the rim, 3 dawgs in position to grab the board. 2 don't elevate cuz aj is the third, and everyone knows who is gonna get it. everyone knows. impressive. 'gimme dat-it's mine.' 2nd best? 2 foot straight up hop for a block. impressive. man-oh-man, are we fun.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yes, that was a heckuva pass to make while he was on the run and to deliver it in stride to Bouk.
That was the tell right there and DMarsh was all over it. A stiff doesn't make that pass, a player makes that pass. When he eventually catches up to the pace of the game mentally he will make the leap.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I was also shocked to see 0 steals considering how many times he got his hands on the ball in passing lanes and from on the ball pressure.

He got a lot of tiny tips and deflections with his fingertips, and then reached for the ball while the opponent dove for it. Ends up touching it, but the opponent controlled it. He's got to stop relying on his reach once he makes that deflection, and put his body on the line going after it. FWIW, it was the only weak point I saw in his game except for the jitters on his first (very short) appearance.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

He looks like a forward, physically. I was likewise surprised.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Yes, he definitely looks like a kid who plays along baseline on offense vice someone saying at top of the key or on the wing.

But man he looked comfortable being around the basket and being active.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I think he’s a point forward in college, an NBA guard. Hell Jaylen Brown is a “guard” in the NBA.

I thought we were so much better when he was on the court especially after he settled down. His defense is far ahead of what we get with the 3 guards plus Polley lineup. He pairs very effectively with Bouknight in particular as they both seem to read the game really well. Really looking forward to seeing him improve.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Such an interesting player, seems to be a VERY advanced passer, wildly athletic but not much of a ball handler or shooter. I wonder if the long term strategy will be to put some weight on him and play him at the 4. He’s got the length to play that spot without question.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As others said, he clearly had a lot of nerves in the beginning of the game, but once he settled down a little you could see his athleticism and vision.

It’s a shame he won’t be playing in front of packed arenas this season. I feel like between him and Bouknight we have two guys that have the athleticism to make huge momentum swing plays that gets the crowd booming.

Watching this team last night I was just thinking of a scenario where they find themselves down 10 to Villanova when Jackson gets a huge dunk on a fast break and gets the building rocking for a come back.

Reaction Score
I think he’s a point forward in college, an NBA guard. Hell Jaylen Brown is a “guard” in the NBA.

I thought we were so much better when he was on the court especially after he settled down. His defense is far ahead of what we get with the 3 guards plus Polley lineup. He pairs very effectively with Bouknight in particular as they both seem to read the game really well. Really looking forward to seeing him improve.

He reminds me of a poor man's Ben Simmons.

Not quite the size, but a terrific passer (and poor shooter).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He reminds me of a poor man's Ben Simmons.

Not quite the size, but a terrific passer (and poor shooter).

I have no idea if Andre has the guard skillsof Ben but I am highly confident AJ is a way better athlete.

Jax is a once in a generation level of run and jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom