2022 Recruiting: - Andre Jackson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Andre Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love the thought of Jackson cant wait for him to get here, but jesus watching HS clips in this thread is no different then watching Ajok abuse a chair. Especially the "He used to be a point guard pass"
Kid is a great passer for a wing, think Zion.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Kid is a great passer for a wing, think Zion.

that may be. But in that specific clip that slow motion submarine pitch telegraph pass doesnt make it 5 feet in D1. I like the angle of his look though. Just commenting that its nice to see our recruits do well, but that stuff doesnt translate.

Reaction Score
that may be. But in that specific clip tha motion submarine pitch telegraph pass doesnt make it 5 feet in D1. I like the angle p0 his look though. Just commenting that its nice to see our recruits do well, but that stuff doesnt translate.
For sure but if you watch his games he has great vision and makes some Zion like full court passes on a rope. Coaches will have to reign him in a little on turnovers but if that jumper ever becomes consistent it's lights out for everyone.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Andre's center Riley Mulvey is one to keep an eye on.

First thing I was going to do after watching the highlight video was Google search him. Class of '22. Nice hands and footwork for a sophomore. 6'11" already.

Reaction Score
First thing I was going to do after watching the highlight video was Google search him. Class of '22. Nice hands and footwork for a sophomore. 6'11" already.
From a search, no major offers yet but has visited Iowa and Rutgers. UConn and Cuse will keep tabs on him.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I love the thought of Jackson cant wait for him to get here, but jesus watching HS clips in this thread is no different then watching Ajok abuse a chair. Especially the "He used to be a point guard pass"
Remember that time Ater Majok, Ajou Ajou and Akok Akok got confused for the same person

Reaction Score
Met Mulvey's parents at Hoophall so I did keep my eyes on him. He struggled to contribute. My sense was that he was at least a year away from being able to truly evaluate his ability to contribute at high D1. I made the following notes: 6 pts, good at foul line, long arms, runs well enough, not strong yet, several of his shots blocked. FWIW

Reaction Score
Met Mulvey's parents at Hoophall so I did keep my eyes on him. He struggled to contribute. My sense was that he was at least a year away from being able to truly evaluate his ability to contribute at high D1. I made the following notes: 6 pts, good at foul line, long arms, runs well enough, not strong yet, several of his shots blocked. FWIW

You sir a a asset to this board. Love the evaluation

Reaction Score
I hope this doesn't come off as negative as Jackson is an undeniably exciting prospect. But as far as next year goes, is there anything he can bring to the team that we wouldn't already be getting from a Junior year Sid WIlson? Genuinely curious as they seem to have had similar profiles as recruits.

Reaction Score
I hope this doesn't come off as negative as Jackson is an undeniably exciting prospect. But as far as next year goes, is there anything he can bring to the team that we wouldn't already be getting from a Junior year Sid WIlson? Genuinely curious as they seem to have had similar profiles as recruits.

From what I’ve read, Andre is a much better ball handler and distributor. And as athletic as Sid is, I think Andre is even more explosive. Others who have seen him can probably provide better insight.

Reaction Score

MUCH better ball handler, passer, and feel for the game than Sid (not to mention even a better athlete). Sid should still have a role as an energy 3/4 off the bench though.

Reaction Score
Yes. Better athlete, better passer, handler, defender. Sid is a very good athlete, Andre is a Zach LaVine type of athlete.

Reaction Score
Yes. Better athlete, better passer, handler, defender. Sid is a very good athlete, Andre is a Zach LaVine type of athlete.
Assuming Bouknight doesn’t Caron himself into the NBA the next month, the pairing of he and Andre on the break will be one of the most exciting we’ve ever had. Top 2 I’d say with Ray and Donyell.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Please know this isn't from knowing anything but only from reading and watching video so take it with a grain of salt (like anything I say lol). I think he's a lot better ball handler and passer who has the ability to allow a solid PG to have him and Bouk in the game without an actual combo 2G. Makes the lineup long at the 2 and 3 as well as the ability to get to the rim. The other thing I see is his sense of the game. His IQ seems to be very good, the understanding of the game as well as the natural reaction required to be very teachable. Nothing against Sid but he's a slow improvement, and there are still things he's lost on. His athletic ability helps him hide some flaws and some are still there, but he has improved. His defense is still an issue at times, loses his guy easily when his man is moving as he likes to hang around to wait to make a play or block a shot rather than being near his guy who's wide open somewhere.

Hopefully Sid makes it hard for him to get a lot of minutes but that will only be if he improves this summer and puts the work in. Good news is we will have a crazy crew of athletic 3's problem for now is only one can shoot it confidently. I will ask this with another not of not knowing but are we sure Sid stays? Hope he does no doubt but if Andre concerns him at all while knowing Bouk is here, maybe he wants to go where 30 minutes a game is more in play for him.

Ton more to see before next Octobers first practice anyway!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
that may be. But in that specific clip that slow motion submarine pitch telegraph pass doesnt make it 5 feet in D1. I like the angle of his look though. Just commenting that its nice to see our recruits do well, but that stuff doesnt translate.

For the record, I watch a few of the complete games out there, and he looks nice. Real nice. As excited as I've been about a recruit in yonks.

That said, he'll be a frosh, and you never know how long it will take someone to get acclimated. Better players than him have struggled in their first year.

Reaction Score
Please know this isn't from knowing anything but only from reading and watching video so take it with a grain of salt (like anything I say lol). I think he's a lot better ball handler and passer who has the ability to allow a solid PG to have him and Bouk in the game without an actual combo 2G. Makes the lineup long at the 2 and 3 as well as the ability to get to the rim. The other thing I see is his sense of the game. His IQ seems to be very good, the understanding of the game as well as the natural reaction required to be very teachable. Nothing against Sid but he's a slow improvement, and there are still things he's lost on. His athletic ability helps him hide some flaws and some are still there, but he has improved. His defense is still an issue at times, loses his guy easily when his man is moving as he likes to hang around to wait to make a play or block a shot rather than being near his guy who's wide open somewhere.

Hopefully Sid makes it hard for him to get a lot of minutes but that will only be if he improves this summer and puts the work in. Good news is we will have a crazy crew of athletic 3's problem for now is only one can shoot it confidently. I will ask this with another not of not knowing but are we sure Sid stays? Hope he does no doubt but if Andre concerns him at all while knowing Bouk is here, maybe he wants to go where 30 minutes a game is more in play for him.

Ton more to see before next Octobers first practice anyway!
Dre needs a jump shot. If he finds it, he’ll be lethal, especially paired with the current frosh Bouk, Gaff, & Akok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom