2020 Recruiting: - Andre Jackson Top 5 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Andre Jackson Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

If he is in no rush to make a decision then maybe those Cuse crystal balls are premature?

Reaction Score
Boeheim and MacNamara showed up from Syracuse and Fran McCaffrey, Iowa coach and former Siena coach was there. UConn and UCLA sent staff. And now the kid is also talking Maryland, probably because he had a lot of contact with Huerter during the summer.

Reaction Score
I think Jackson's timeline and ours may not be matching up exactly. We have players with similar in-game impact that are ready to make visits and talk committment timelines right now.

Andre wants to enjoy the process a bit longer. Nothing wrong with that, but it may have shifted our priorities.

Reaction Score
I think Jackson's timeline and ours may not be matching up exactly. We have players with similar in-game impact that are ready to make visits and talk committment timelines right now.

Andre wants to enjoy the process a bit longer. Nothing wrong with that, but it may have shifted our priorities.
Didn’t he say he hates the recruiting process?

Reaction Score
Didn’t he say he hates the recruiting process?

In a random interview some reporter gave him as he was leaving the gym after 3 games in one day? After Being hounded all day by parents, coaches, and wannabe fans? Yeah, probably. We put wayyyy too much stock in the interviews kids give, tbh. I certainly do when I read these things.

He's extending the recruiting process for a reason. Hunting for offers, getting attention, trying to boost his national profile, whatever. He's clearly not sold enough on any 1 program.

Seems like Hurley and Co. much prefer fall commitments. Maybe so they can do grad transfers and regular transfers in the spring with more confidence.

Reaction Score
In a random interview some reporter gave him as he was leaving the gym after 3 games in one day? After Being hounded all day by parents, coaches, and wannabe fans? Yeah, probably. We put wayyyy too much stock in the interviews kids give, tbh. I certainly do when I read these things.

He's extending the recruiting process for a reason. Hunting for offers, getting attention, trying to boost his national profile, whatever. He's clearly not sold enough on any 1 program.

Seems like Hurley and Co. much prefer fall commitments. Maybe so they can do grad transfers and regular transfers in the spring with more confidence.

Based on our recent experiences with kids that extended the process (Kofi and Precious) it seems reasonable to move on with others if Jackson isn't convinced we're the best place for him to develop his game.

None of us really know what's playing out with each of the kids we're after. They're all different, with different egos and needs, and no one here is inside their heads. Geronimo, for instance, was supposedly a lock for someone else yet commits to Indiana on the first of his official visits. Just what did Miller do to get that commitment? Show off the 1987 banner?

Reaction Score
Cmon @BFieldHusky youre obviously lurking. I didn’t come here for silly memes I wanted your prescient insight into Uconn recruiting that was so on point about Jalen Carey, Precious and Kofi Cockburn.
Who is this guy? Syracuse is in Duke's conference, the ACC. Has Syracuse ever kicked Duke out of the Final Four? 2X? Nope. But they did win at Cameron! So awesome dude! Has Syracuse ever kicked Kentucky out of the Final Four twice? Nope. Oh wait, Syracuse did LOSE to Kentucky in the Final Four. I'll give them that. The only reason Syracuse has a title is because they didn't run into UConn in their tournament run. UConn owned Melo's team. That is a fact. Even Boeheim was worried about UConn. Read "Bleeding Orange". Boeheim said so himself.

Reaction Score
Good sign we're his first visit, right? I would think you'd want to be first or last.

Reaction Score
Good sign we're his first visit, right? I would think you'd want to be first or last.

If I can count correctly, We were his second visit last year and his third this year. But I’d say it’s a good sign he visited us twice. altho iowa did get his first and last visits overall.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If I can count correctly, We were his second visit last year and his third this year. But I’d say it’s a good sign he visited us twice
Got it. Sorry got confused with the Zags article saying he's taking 2 visits with the 3 others still in play.

Reaction Score
In the article he says that Syracuse sends more wings to NBA than any school talking to him besides UCLA. Can someone from our staff educate him on how wrong this is lol

Reaction Score
In the article he says that Syracuse sends more wings to NBA than any school talking to him besides UCLA. Can someone from our staff educate him on how wrong this is lol
Well at least through the draft. Or they sent lots of Buffalo Wild Wings to melo. So not a lie

Reaction Score

247 has him at #70 and at 100% to Syracuse so, while some might feel it's odd he's even going on these visits, he looks like a nice kid so he's probably just being polite while getting us out of the way early.............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
247 has him at #70 and at 100% to Syracuse so, while some might feel it's odd he's even going on these visits, he looks like a nice kid so he's probably just being polite while getting us out of the way early...:rolleyes:
As is the norm for high raikifs we thought us these days. Now I get why jc liked tough kids over straight ballers. Defense. Confidence. Rebounding. Conviction in decisions. Very little fluffing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom