Andre Jackson Out with Broken Wrist | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Out with Broken Wrist

Reaction Score
Why? He is a non factor this year anyway.
This is such a lazy take. We should want all of our players to be healthy. How else do you develop other than staying healthy and grinding (shout out Chief) in practice/games day-in and day-out? AJax is an exciting prospect for us who has played 4 games without any semblance of consistent development (preseason injury, two covid shutdowns). His potential to improve during the season should be something we are all looking forward to.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he uses the time off to recover well and will be prepared to contribute during the second half of the season/NCAA Tournament run.. No one feels worse about this than him.. He'll be heard from (on the court) before the end of the season....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Damn that sucks, good thing it was his non shooting hand. While it does suck that he’s out he could use the time to work on shooting with one hand get down a shooting form.

Reaction Score
I can’t believe I made it into this thread before *someone* questioned the Strength & Conditioning program as the probable cause of the wrist fracture!

Get well soon, young man!

Hoping/speculating that he can participate in some activities in practice (defensive drills, shooting drills, etc) once it’s stabilized & protected

Reaction Score
The kid must be beyond frustrated. I am sure that his limited minutes early-on can be directly attributed to having sporadic pre-season practices and no pre-conference schedule. Now, this will further set him back. I hope he returns sooner than later. His talent is undeniable. He needs reps.

Reaction Score
Can he form shoot with the cast on? 1000 shots a day or the whole team has to run

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Pretty much a lost year for him.

If there's any silver lining, this makes it more likely he sticks around for 2 years after this and overlaps more with the big time recruits coming in next fall.
He was here for 2 more years anyways.

Reaction Score
Dude it’s nothing like yours. You had SLAC wrist. It’s a degenerative condition.

He had a traumatic injury and fractured his wrist. Depending on if it’s radius or ulna and whether it’s displaced or not he may need surgery. But it won’t be a fusion. Either way it’s relatively not a big deal and will not impact his future.
Sorry Bro, I was not trying to compare injuries. My only point was that amount of pain does not always indicate what was injured.

Reaction Score
He was here for 2 more years anyways.

Maybe. Given the way he started, his ceiling for this year was way down anyway. But there's always a chance a guy like that blows up in year 2 and leaves.

That's pretty much off the table at this point.

Reaction Score
Why does it seem like injuries are biting us badly over the last.....6+ years. Is this just what we are going to have to get used to? It’s never been this bad before.
I think we are paying for Kevin Ollie’s deal with the devil in 2014. That’s who I’m blaming anyway. Or Johnny Selvie...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not if it's the navicular bone ...
1608844644980.png

Easy to do if you put your hands back taking a charge.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
This is such a lazy take. We should want all of our players to be healthy. How else do you develop other than staying healthy and grinding (shout out Chief) in practice/games day-in and day-out? AJax is an exciting prospect for us who has played 4 games without any semblance of consistent development (preseason injury, two covid shutdowns). His potential to improve during the season should be something we are all looking forward to.
He’s the 11th best player on this year’s team. He was not going to play much. Of course I want him to develop. I think he will be a good player, eventually.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
eh, maybe.. but probably not. kinda too early to tell, right ?
So far I’ve only seen him jack up 3’s and lay bricks. He’ll be good eventually because he has great athleticism but he doesn’t know how to use it yet.

C

Chief00

@NYtoCT thanks for recognizing the importance of The Grind. It does get frustrating when well
meaning Casual Fans discount the importance of The Grind. For a guy who needs shooting practice, a broken wrist is not a good start, regardless of what hand it is. Thus far, it’s been a tough summer and Freshman year for Andre. Sometimes you just need to fight through all the adversity and come out the other end. However, by any definition it’s been an unbelievable crazy year.

Reaction Score
Horrible news. Makes it even worse that Hurley has played him so sparingly. When he comes back we can't afford to not give him minutes! I hope it's an easy recovery for him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Maybe. Given the way he started, his ceiling for this year was way down anyway. But there's always a chance a guy like that blows up in year 2 and leaves.

That's pretty much off the table at this point.

I expected him to blow up this season, by late January. It’s a big loss. We desperately need a playmaker like him

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Horrible news. Makes it even worse that Hurley has played him so sparingly. When he comes back we can't afford to not give him minutes! I hope it's an easy recovery for him.
He wasn’t good enough to stay on the court...

Reaction Score
We’ve played a weird schedule with only 4 games so far. Jackson was going to play and contribute much more this year. Hurley really hasn’t even had the chance to figure out a rotation yet. There is some sentiment here that jackson has been a disappointment. That’s just not true.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
We’ve played a weird schedule with only 4 games so far. Jackson was going to play and contribute much more this year. Hurley really hasn’t even had the chance to figure out a rotation yet. There is some sentiment here that jackson has been a disappointment. That’s just not true.
He hasn’t he is a freshman, he wasn’t a one and done so his development will be a lot more slow. But he couldn’t stay on the court this year so far, and with Martin playing so well he wasn’t going to magically increase his playing time because he kept making the same mistakes.

He’ll be a great player no doubt in his time here, but not this year. He needs work but I’m confident Hurley and the assistants will get him there in due time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom