Andre Jackson Out with Broken Wrist | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Out with Broken Wrist

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I hope he recovers well.

Call me callous, but are we really going to miss a few ESPN highlight dunks? How about some team defense, and offensive continuity?
AJ Will be an excellent player. Him missing practice time hurts pretty bad. Worse than game floor at this moment. Which stinks. Because there will be a switch that flips soon and now it’s delayed.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Why would you redshirt a player who isn't using up a year of eligibility this season? People keep forgetting that all winter sports athletes are getting a free year of eligibility this season.

All winter athletes in NCAA Division I sports will be given an additional year of eligibility, and all football programs will be allowed to compete in bowl games -- regardless of their records -- as part of one-time rule changes in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

"We felt it was important to make this decision now so student-athletes had the peace of mind to go into this season and compete," Calhoun told ESPN on Wednesday. "They know they can regain that eligibility and have their clock automatically extended, so they're not taking that chance on the front end if they choose to compete."

Oh I forgot, then let’s not redshirt him!!

Reaction Score
Call me callous, but are we really going to miss a few ESPN highlight dunks? How about some team defense, and offensive continuity?
He is the best passer on the team. Missed practices hurt his ability to learn the defense and become comfortable in the offense.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
BTW, further proof of what several of us said a few months ago when people were talking about playing time log jam and 11 player rotation.
Playing time has a way of sorting itself out during a season.
He wasn't really playing anyways though. Feel bad this is a rough time for something like this to happen.

Reaction Score
Ugh! Feel terrible for the kid. Its been a tough start for him.
I haven't really seen the talent but he is a Freshman and it sucks he can't practice and become a better player. I mean he can dunk but I haven't seen that much else out of him besides one game he had a bunch of nice passes against a lower tiered team. He really needed the practice to work on his skills. Sucks for his progression. I hope he heals fast!

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Depending on which bone it is, and the type of break it could be anything from 3 weeks to 8, or more. Ugh. Disappointing, young man, get well and come back strong.

Tough going at the 3 & 4 - Akok, Polley, Jackson ...

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
AJ Will be an excellent player. Him missing practice time hurts pretty bad. Worse than game floor at this moment. Which stinks. Because there will be a switch that flips soon and now it’s delayed.
This shouldn't be hard to understand. Player progression is one of the reasons why I love college basketball. Very few freshman make an instant impact; some need to adjust to the game speed, physicality or just tighten their up skills (shooting, defense, etc). This kid has all the tools. His development, already stunted by two covid shutdowns, is taking another prolonged break. UConn teams play for March, and if Andre isn't getting his reps in now, he's not going to be as far in his development as he'd otherwise be.

Reaction Score
Why does it seem like injuries are biting us badly over the last.....6+ years. Is this just what we are going to have to get used to? It’s never been this bad before.
Maybe cuz we got every break imaginable in 2011 and 2014?? That last second 3 pointer from AZ still looks like it’s good to me......

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Depending on which bone it is, and the type of break it could be anything from 3 weeks to 8, or more. Ugh. Disappointing, young man, get well and come back strong.

Tough going at the 3 & 4 - Akok, Polley, Jackson ...
Would the fact he didn't notice the injury until the day after indicate he is closer to a 3 week return?

Reaction Score
Wishing him the speediest and healthiest return. Hes a student of the game so hope him watching practices and film helps him while hes out of action.

Reaction Score
It's a big blow to his development. Especially with such a fluid situation going as far as games go, these practices could be huge for improving him. If you want him to improve defensively, how could battling Bouknight hurt.
Practices are where you become a better player... games are where you show it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I want to scream

Might as well end the thread here. I think we need him desperately. Sad for him, in a short year he’s losing even more development time.

Reaction Score
We can't catch a break... I know it sounds crappy to say he should redshirt, but it's becoming obvious that this year is suuuuuuuuuuuuuch a wash.. It's clear we can absolutely compete in the NBE, might as well save a year for the kid.
Can you redshirt during a redshirt year for everyone and then get 2 extra years of eligibility? :)

Reaction Score
Would the fact he didn't notice the injury until the day after indicate he is closer to a 3 week return?
From my own personal experience I don’t believe that matters. I hurt my wrist picking up heavy object a few years ago and didn’t notice it right away. I had discomfort for weeks but not pain. After finally getting a MRI, I had to have my lunate and scaphoid bones fused and I was in various casts for 3 months.

Hopefully Jackson’s injury is not like mine. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Reaction Score
Glass half full - At least it's his left wrist. I know. It still sucks in a big way.

All the best for a speedy and complete recovery for Andre. I'm really looking forward to seeing him become a major impact player.

Reaction Score
Why does it seem like injuries are biting us badly over the last.....6+ years. Is this just what we are going to have to get used to? It’s never been this bad before.
See the Ryan boatright sprain ankle in aac tournament. And continue from there.

Reaction Score
From my own personal experience I don’t believe that matters. I hurt my wrist picking up heavy object a few years ago and didn’t notice it right away. I had discomfort for weeks but not pain. After finally getting a MRI, I had to have my lunate and scaphoid bones fused and I was in various casts for 3 months.

Hopefully Jackson’s injury is not like mine. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Dude it’s nothing like yours. You had SLAC wrist. It’s a degenerative condition.

He had a traumatic injury and fractured his wrist. Depending on if it’s radius or ulna and whether it’s displaced or not he may need surgery. But it won’t be a fusion. Either way it’s relatively not a big deal and will not impact his future.

Reaction Score
I fractured my wrist two years ago, it was non-dominant hand, happened when I slipped on ice at home. Still can't believe how fast gravity took me to the ground! Pretty uncomplicated break, had a cast, hand was weaker after healing (which took couple of months). No effects today although I fell down again last week, same wrist, no injury however.
With the rain melting the snow, there will be ice afterward when it gets cold again, so be careful!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom