Andre Jackson Out with Broken Wrist | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Out with Broken Wrist

Reaction Score
Damn that really sucks. That's usually an 8 week injury and could much longer if there needs to be surgery.

Reaction Score
Likely no timetable because they're evaluating the severity and the treatment options. But agreed that if this is a long-term thing, a redshirt may be the best way to go. Not a good idea to rush him back and risk re-injury.

You have to feel terrible for him, another setback in an already challenging year for him. So tough as a freshman to come in with all of the tumult, encounter setbacks in your own performance growth, then get hit with a significant injury. If he does redshirt, I hope him and Hurley commit to an offseason development plan and he comes back next year with a fresh start. He seems like a great kid with an extraordinary work ethic.

Reaction Score
Why does it seem like injuries are biting us badly over the last.....6+ years. Is this just what we are going to have to get used to? It’s never been this bad before.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
wow, this sucks a bunch. was really hoping to see him get more minutes as the season went on.

Reaction Score
Damn. Redshirt him.
Why would you redshirt a player who isn't using up a year of eligibility this season? People keep forgetting that all winter sports athletes are getting a free year of eligibility this season.

All winter athletes in NCAA Division I sports will be given an additional year of eligibility, and all football programs will be allowed to compete in bowl games -- regardless of their records -- as part of one-time rule changes in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

"We felt it was important to make this decision now so student-athletes had the peace of mind to go into this season and compete," Calhoun told ESPN on Wednesday. "They know they can regain that eligibility and have their clock automatically extended, so they're not taking that chance on the front end if they choose to compete."

Reaction Score
I hope he recovers well.

Call me callous, but are we really going to miss a few ESPN highlight dunks? How about some team defense, and offensive continuity?

Reaction Score
We can't catch a break... I know it sounds crappy to say he should redshirt, but it's becoming obvious that this year is suuuuuuuuuuuuuch a wash.. It's clear we can absolutely compete in the NBE, might as well save a year for the kid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom