Andre Jackson Jr vs Primo Spears | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Jr vs Primo Spears

Reaction Score
One shot attempt for primo is crazy. He loves to let them fly

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yesterday Andre Jackson Jr held Primo Spears to zero points and five assists. Good job Andre. Didnt someone say Primo was gonna get 30 points? Let's go UConn
Yes that was me. My prediction was off by 30 pts.

I should quit my job and become a meteorologist.

Reaction Score
Looked like Spears was surprised and intimidated being guarded by Andre

Reaction Score
It was a team effort, and good plan by Hurley to limit Primo Spears. Jackson played 30 minutes and Spears played 36. With rotations guys often cover different players on different plays. While Jackson was a big part of it, I think credit needs to go to whole team and coach.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Andre did great. In game #1 against Gtown Spears hit a bunch of tough low percentate 10'-17' shots. Those are shots coaches abhor but Spears was taking and making them. Yesterday? Nada. Great job understanding where on the floor Spears hunts for shots and how to keep him from getting them.

Reaction Score
Thought Andre showed maturity and discipline on D vs Spears.. Played D more with his feet/positioning than with his hands .. Can help us in so many other parts of the game if he doesn't have foul trouble hanging over his head..

Next two games he's going to play a significant role in the outcome of the game.

Reaction Score
and it is a good thing Andre focused on this and got it done all game. At the half I was worried Primo might have that thing many players have where a poor half is followed by a dominating one. As things went Murray had to shoulder the load and wore down. Jacksons rebound and great assist pass to Karaban helped seal the deal. Otherwise we would be witnessing an epic Boneyard inferno and meltdown that would make the Bozrah poultry house fire look puny.

pj

Reaction Score
So strange -Primo had zero points -Newton played well - so how do you explain us only winning by a few and only scoring in the 60s? -somethings amiss.

Yes, wondering the same. Stylistically / eyeball test it seems they've improved a lot in recent games -- getting the ball to the right guys on offense, stepping up individual games -- yet somehow statistically we're still playing below expectation on the team analytical metrics (eg KenPom predictions).

Reaction Score
Lack of getting to the FT line.
Could easily be at 80+ points if we got our normal attempts and makes
Agreed but this is more on the teams than the refs. Newton/AS/DC are the only ones who ever go to the rim hard at all, can’t expect to get calls on jump shots and soft takes.

Reaction Score
Yeah I was just asking because I watched the whole first half yesterday but had to dvr the second half and haven’t had a chance to watch it yet. Just seems like something is off. But yes free throws wud make sense. Plus hawk didn’t go nuts and DC was quiet.

Reaction Score
Keeping Spears from scoring his average 16/ppg kept 16 points off of Georgetown's total, more than our margin of victory, and is as satisfying to me as if Andre had scored 16 himself. I'll take that elite defensive effort in every game even if Andre puts up a bagel in the scoring column.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Yesterday Andre Jackson Jr held Primo Spears to zero points and five assists. Good job Andre. Didnt someone say Primo was gonna get 30 points? Let's go UConn
Haaaaaaa. @CTBasketball with the flaming hot take of the year. Can you please tell the board we will be losing on Tuesday? We need your mush.

Reaction Score
I know I’m one to complain about A-Jax’s shooting abilities and in the least him not driving to the hoop to score regularly but for him to shut down Primo….that’s like A-Jax scoring 15 points for us. I’ll take that any day.

Reaction Score
Keeping Spears from scoring his average 16/ppg kept 16 points off of Georgetown's total, more than our margin of victory, and is as satisfying to me as if Andre had scored 16 himself. I'll take that elite defensive effort in every game even if Andre puts up a bagel in the scoring column.
Amen. I second

Reaction Score
Held him to only a single shot attempt. That’s the type of defense we saw at the beginning of the year. He has the ability to completely eliminate one of the opponents players
So with Ajax def vs Ajax offense it’s a wash(Ajax joke)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So strange -Primo had zero points -Newton played well - so how do you explain us only winning by a few and only scoring in the 60s? -somethings amiss.
I know I’m one to complain about A-Jax’s shooting abilities and in the least him not driving to the hoop to score regularly but for him to shut down Primo….that’s like A-Jax scoring 15 points for us. I’ll take that any day.

Any way you slice it, Andre being +7 in scoring compared to Spears meant good things for UConn yesterday. If Spears had scored 22 and Jackson had 29 it still would have been good for UConn.

Reaction Score
I think Clingan can draw shooting fouls, if we play him more minutes.
Sanogo is so strong the opponents seem to have immunity fouling him. I don’t know all the conversation but perhaps we should be more targeted in our complaints. Plant some seeds. Hey he’s so strong you don’t seem to see the fouls that can nevertheless make him miss.

Reaction Score
I think Clingan can draw shooting fouls, if we play him more minutes.
Sanogo is so strong the opponents seem to have immunity fouling him. I don’t know all the conversation but perhaps we should be more targeted in our complaints. Plant some seeds. Hey he’s so strong you don’t seem to see the fouls that can nevertheless make him miss.
Clingan shoots 52% from the line. If that is the strategy that is embarrassing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom