andre jackson is THE most important player on the team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

andre jackson is THE most important player on the team

Reaction Score
He's the most important player in the sense that his performance has the widest variance and he's an emotional leader -- everyone follows his vibe.

When he's aggressive, but smart and disciplined, he makes everyone better and we're hard to beat.

When he's out of control (unnecessary jumping for blocks, trying too hard to thread the needle on passes, baited into technicals), we're in trouble.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Watching from a bar and the sound wasn't on at that point in the game, did Andre airball an easy alley-oop? What happened on that play?

He played great but that play looked so strange to me. Wasn't that a routine alley-oop pass?

It looked very odd, and he almost recovered but instead had the left-to-right momentum that carried him along the rim without depositing the ball through the rim, even with a final try turning back to the passed basket.

This was the play I couldn't recall when I mentioned that there or were 3 or 4 badly missed layups, each by a different player.

When it happened, I didn't notice the context mentioned below, so I couldn't account for the "Why???" part.
Interesting.
If it was the play that I'm thinking it may explain a little about some of his miscues.

He received a pass while he was in the air and an Arkansas player with fell or flopped, landing on the court right below the basket. Andre looked down at the kid (instead of the basket), missed the shot but at that moment was likely more worried about landing on him (and possibly injuring the guy) than finishing the play.

Admirable if this was the case but a mentality like Bill Russell or Larry Bird would have not worried about the opponent at all.

Reaction Score
He definitely sets the tone and pace on both sides of the floor. Always looking to make a play. Always prepared to take a risk

Mostly for the better, but not always lol he’s not perfect but he is definitely one of the most important parts of our team

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If it was the play that I'm thinking it may explain a little about some of his miscues.

He received a pass while he was in the air and an Arkansas player with fell or flopped, landing on the court right below the basket. Andre looked down at the kid (instead of the basket), missed the shot but at that moment was likely more worried about landing on him (and possibly injuring the guy) than finishing the play.
Wasn't one of our guys coming in as well? I thought he got distracted.

Reaction Score
That was a winning play. He had no right to that rebound and just took it. His motor never shuts off - sometimes it leads to him retaliating and getting a tech in a rough spot - and that’s generally a positive.
Just absolutely wanted that ball more. For a guy that has such a limited scoring game, it's close to unbelievable how impactful he can be on any given game.

Also, there are few takes that have aged worse than the folks dying on the hill that he wasn't capable of playing the point. He's one of the best facilitators left in this tournament and keeps this offense moving.

Reaction Score
He's the most important player in the sense that his performance has the widest variance and he's an emotional leader -- everyone follows his vibe.

When he's aggressive, but smart and disciplined, he makes everyone better and we're hard to beat.

When he's out of control (unnecessary jumping for blocks, trying too hard to thread the needle on passes, baited into technicals), we're in trouble.
I've learned to live with the T's. Even those set a tone with the opposing team that UConn is going to dictate how this goes, not them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Really good UConn article featuring Andre.

"Take, for instance, the utter beauty of Jackson’s performance against Arkansas. Seven points on five shots. Seven rebounds. Seven assists. Three steals. He was the puppet master."

Reaction Score
Would change the OP wording from important to valuable. He is the straw that stirs the drink.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
kick sand, eat rocks
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Reaction Score
This guy is a true blue Husky. From 3 weeks ago

We know the kid is team and win first. Cares not a thing about his stats. Selfless and in a time when everyone just wants their numbers and reasonably so, he sees the bigger picture for the team.

Reaction Score
kick sand, eat rocks
I disagree but we cant afford him to play poorly. I think the key to this team is Newton. Not turning the ball over, driving to the basket and hitting 3s makes us tough to beat. When he struggles, we struggle. Im ok with Ajax on the bench with Alleyne or Joe Cali in the lineup. Im not ok with Newton on the bench and Diarra in for extended minutes and Ajax taking on running the offense.

Reaction Score

this is espn's #1 draft guy.

Finally a masterpiece of a video that shows all the intangible side effects for the guy that gets roasted on our own chats every game. Kudos to who ever made this. It has the "needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" all over it.
Cheers to the most unique powerful contributor, and the guy that roots hard for all. It is all about team that wins.

Reaction Score
Andre playing great defense on Strawther will be crucial for us against the Zags. They won't have nearly as good defenders on Hawkins so we will need Andre to be Andre and keep Strawther locked down while Hawk cooks.

caw

Reaction Score
Over the last month (including the PC game) which was 9 games Jackson is 8/20 from three for 40%. Almost all of his three point attempts during this period are wide open set shots, or end of shot clock.

UConn has lost one game in that stretch, the one game Jackson barely played due to fouls.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Over the last month (including the PC game) which was 9 games Jackson is 8/20 from three for 40%. Almost all of his three point attempts during this period are wide open set shots, or end of shot clock.

UConn has lost one game in that stretch, the one game Jackson barely played due to fouls.
Shouldn't you be posting about Jordan?

Reaction Score
Iona (44%) is the only time he’s shot below 50% since the stinker at Creighton. Amazing how he and Hurley transformed his role in the offense on the fly in the homestretch of the season.

Reaction Score
Andre had his ups and downs and come out the other side. Good for him, Better for our Huskies!

What I like the best is how he pushes the ball upcourt! We look like NBA team when he gets the wheels moving!

Reaction Score
Andre’s insane athletic ability and passing makes him a wild card. He can change a game in the least obvious ways.

Reaction Score
There is something to love about each of them which is why the team is special. AJAx is the key the usually stirs the drink, but without the other parts there is nothing to stir.

Reaction Score
A lot of Andreas passes happen in a split second. Faster than a speeding bullet. With no hesitation at all.
It takes a Robocop like constant surveying of the floor to pull it off.
Some are very risky. Like threading a needle, over or through the defense... And some of them don't work. It makes steam come out of my ears sometimes, but then soon another pass results in a back-breaking bucket at a critical time. It gets the boys excited and triggers a run.
I'll take the good with the bad. Kinda like watching him set-up for a three. No no no........YES!!!

Reaction Score
Jackson must keep his head and stay out of stupid fouls tonight if we are to win.

His emotions drive him. I pray he can stay right on the edge without going over the cliff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom