andre jackson is THE most important player on the team | The Boneyard

andre jackson is THE most important player on the team

Reaction Score
No attack but not sure how one would use most important and team in the same sentence. It's a team game it ebbs and it flows between team players. Where would we be with out a half dozen other key players?
Andre is a great TEAM player, that is what makes him a great player.

Reaction Score
Been saying this all year. Yes we all know of his offensive inefficiencies, but if he can give us 8, 10 points a game then he’s doing enough offensively. His court vision, ball handling and passing is elite - anyone else who thinks differently is out of their mind.

Sure he likes to push things and I think it took time for us as a team to get accustomed to that, but it seems to be working perfectly these last few games.

Reaction Score
No one player is most important, but AJ is very important......what makes them really good are the 5 coming off the bench without much drop-off....starters never look gassed.....remember Sanogo toward the end last year....our second 5 could be close to a Quad 1 team.

Reaction Score
I marvel at the comparison to Nov/Dec to how he is now. He had to be putting in some serious work!

Team MIP: Most Improved Player!

USATSI_20304722.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score

this was prob my second favorite play of the game (after the karaban baseball pass) -- jackson grabs the o-board surrounded by four red jerseys and finds hawkins for the silky smooth j.

watching live, i was shocked at how easily our guys were getting to the offensive glass in this game, but there was nothing easy about this. dude is just relentless.

Reaction Score

this was prob my second favorite play of the game (after the karaban baseball pass) -- jackson grabs the o-board surrounded by four red jerseys and finds hawkins for the silky smooth j.

That was a winning play. He had no right to that rebound and just took it. His motor never shuts off - sometimes it leads to him retaliating and getting a tech in a rough spot - and that’s generally a positive.

Reaction Score
No one player is most important, but AJ is very important......what makes them really good are the 5 coming off the bench without much drop-off....starters never look gassed.....remember Sanogo toward the end last year....our second 5 could be close to a Quad 1 team.
Hold the hyperbole. Good post until the last line.
Reminds me of the broadcasters on ESPN radio before the Duke game in 1999 saying Duke's second team could probably win the championship............we've won nothing yet and sure don't need any bad karma.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
One of my all time favorite huskies. When he got the T, wasn't he knocked to the floor just prior to that? The TV team didn't do a great job of exploring why he reacted like that, made it seem like it came out of nowhere.

Reaction Score
He's a guy opponent's don't appreciate until he's kicking their ass.

He's also incredibly difficult to scout. Having someone whose defense you need to scout is not something players are keyed in on usually. Everyone knows he's athletic, but it's another thing to try to box out a pitbull on cocaine. He can be stopped--we saw it in January--but he's so relentless that you can't take any plays off or there's a 10-point outburst coming at you.

Reaction Score

watching live, i was shocked at how easily our guys were getting to the offensive glass in this game, but there was nothing easy about this. dude is just relentless.

Agreed, that was unbelievable, dude was in perfect position for the box out, but Andre just ran around him and then jumped from behind the bucket but over him to snare the rebound AND the second he lands his head is up surveying the court so that he can execute a bullet baseball pass out for a Hawkins step-in three, money. That is an incredible combination of athleticism & BBIQ, no one else in the college basketball can make that play, only Andre.

Reaction Score
Watching from a bar and the sound wasn't on at that point in the game, did Andre airball an easy alley-oop? What happened on that play?

He played great but that play looked so strange to me. Wasn't that a routine alley-oop pass?

Reaction Score
They’re all important this time of year. Everyone has to do their part. Also when Sanogo scores 20 pts were undefeated. The focus should be to keep feeding the big man.

Reaction Score
Dre makes us almost impossible to press. Of course, that assumes we are able to get the ball into his hands. If we do he is fater with the ball than the guys defending him. He just outruns them. And his hours and hours of doing Pete Maravich ball handling drills is serving him very well.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Watching from a bar and the sound wasn't on at that point in the game, did Andre airball an easy alley-oop? What happened on that play?

He played great but that play looked so strange to me. Wasn't that a routine alley-oop pass?
If it was the play that I'm thinking it may explain a little about some of his miscues.

He received a pass while he was in the air and an Arkansas player with fell or flopped, landing on the court right below the basket. Andre looked down at the kid (instead of the basket), missed the shot but at that moment was likely more worried about landing on him (and possibly injuring the guy) than finishing the play.

Admirable if this was the case but a mentality like Bill Russell or Larry Bird would have not worried about the opponent at all.

Reaction Score
I hate these threads, They are bad mojo. Player x is the most important. Always leads to no I think player Y is the best, player x sucks …
They win as a team. Everyone in the main rotation is important.
Andre is a critical part of their team .. no doubt

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom