Andre Jackson has the best hops in UConn history | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson has the best hops in UConn history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone care to attempt a list of our all-time leapers? I imagine Jackson could potentially head the list one day.
1. Stanley Robinson
2. Rudy Gay
3. Scottie Burrell
4. Doug Wrenn (does he count?)
Kirk King could grab quarters off the top of the backboard, so they say.

Reaction Score
FWIW people around AAU have said the max vert he's measured is 46.5"

IMO the speed at which he plays ends to end and laterally is more important. Plus how QUICK he is able to jump. A guy like KW was so slow off the ground it wasn't that useful in games

Nickiiiv

NICKIIIV
Reaction Score
Andre Jackson will be nice, but stilts will forever hold the title of best hops

Reaction Score
Anyone care to attempt a list of our all-time leapers? I imagine Jackson could potentially head the list one day.
1. Stanley Robinson
2. Rudy Gay
3. Scottie Burrell
I would think, in a thread titled for someone who has yet to put on a UConn uniform, Wrenn would have to count.

Reaction Score
FWIW people around AAU have said the max vert he's measured is 46.5"

IMO the speed at which he plays ends to end and laterally is more important. Plus how QUICK he is able to jump. A guy like KW was so slow off the ground it wasn't that useful in games
He's insane but a 46.5 vert is pretty much unheard of especially for someone his height, with his speed, who for the most part goes off of one foot. If that # is legit we're talking about an all-time leaper/athlete. That puts him above Jordan, Zion, Drexler, Vince, Lebron etc.

I never know the validity of these #'s but from watching this kid he's clearly in the upper echelon of freaks.

Reaction Score
1. Stanley Robinson
2. Rudy Gay
3. Scottie Burrell

Tony Hanson

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I am choosing to believe that was a statement of how much he wants to be an impact player and how much respect he has for the kids ahead of him.
Of course it was implied that way. Too much sensitivity still exists over the way things played out with Alex and Vance.

He knows if he isn’t good enough he won’t get playing time and he would have to transfer to an inferior team like Syracuse.

He chose UConn because he saw the talent on the team not because he could fill in some big holes.

It would be horrible if The Boneyard misinterpreted this quote. The kid stayed at UConn longer than his OV and bonded well with the coaches and players. He’s academically smart and a leader on his squad.
He’s not some casual fan who needs underwear to know what’s happening.

Reaction Score
1. Stanley Robinson
2. Rudy Gay
3. Scottie Burrell

And for a little guy, Karl Hobbs could really elevate

Reaction Score
He's insane but a 46.5 vert is pretty much unheard of especially for someone his height, with his speed, who for the most part goes off of one foot. If that # is legit we're talking about an all-time leaper/athlete. That puts him above Jordan, Zion, Drexler, Vince, Lebron etc.

I never know the validity of these #'s but from watching this kid he's clearly in the upper echelon of freaks.

His coach (I think) said he would be in the top 1% of NBA athletes in regards to athleticism.

In my opinion he may be the best athlete UCONN has ever landed. Sticks and Rudy were amazing but his speed and ferocity set him apart.

He looks like he wants to murder people on the court. If he lasts two years his UConn mixtape will be legendary.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think it's a good thing that our top recruit wants to work hard and improve his game to get playing time
He’s facing a much more uphill battle here for playing time we’re going to return what 8 or 9 players from our rotation. He would probably start right now for cuse.
His coach (I think) said he would be in the top 1% of NBA athletes in regards to athleticism.

In my opinion he may be the best athlete UCONN has ever landed. Sticks and Rudy were amazing but his speed and ferocity set him apart.

He looks like he wants to murder people on the court. If he lasts two years his UConn mixtape will be legendary.
His senior year mix is going to go viral like McClung’s did. He has soo many crazy highlights already through only 2 games.

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson will be nice, but stilts will forever hold the title of best hops
Stilts? Like this? No wonder why he could dunk so easily! Lol

1575661733534.png

Reaction Score
His quote regarding transferring tells me there is obviously other teams still pursuing/recruiting him. Or at least someone is putting thoughts in his head. And he is curious why Bouk is a bench player..
I think he’s probably smart enough to know that they’re not putting a star over his locker on day one.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry I love what i see from this kid but the man in my profile pic (Mr Stanley Robinson) holds the acclaim of best hops in our programs history

Reaction Score
Kirk King could grab quarters off the top of the backboard, so they say.
I know David Thompson used to grab coins off the top of the backboard. I don't recall hearing Kirk King doing that but he had hops....

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Have to like his confidence.
Watch "Albany Academy - Andre Jackson - Preseason 2019" on YouTube

I guess if you're going to screw up his name in the video, Jackon is better than the opposite.

2019-12-06.png

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
1. Stanley Robinson
2. Rudy Gay
3. Scottie Burrell
Rudy Johnson before he got hurt.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
A lot of his dunks are of the 'tomahawk' variety, but when he does it, it's more like a jack hammer. But the more videos I see of him, the more impressed I am with his ball handling skills. He's got some sleight of hand stuff going on that kind of brings to mind Pistol Pete.
Now if he could add Pete's shooting, that would really be something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom