Andre Jackson has the best hops in UConn history | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson has the best hops in UConn history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice to see 3 jumpers.. Even if it is wonky still. 22 pts in that vid--not including any FTs
Could care less how it looks as long as it's repeatable and goes in at a good enough clip. Shawn Marion shot like a little girl but he was a freak and a great player. Jackson is even freakier.

Reaction Score
I've been going down an Andre Jackson rabbit-hole over the past 30 minutes. I honestly don't think it's a stretch to say that he might be the best pure athlete that we've ever had on the UConn basketball team. His speed + leaping ability to absolutely insane. Who knows about his ability to shoot, but he is going to be a nightmare on the fast-break.
Scott Burrell would like a word with you.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Scott Burrell would like a word with you.

Scott's obviously a better overall athlete than anyone we had. Kid was good at like 100 sports.

But he wasn't out there dunking like Dominique Wilkins. This kid apparently is.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Andre is fast, can leap high and do so quickly. Who is the best is unimportant. This kid is exceptional. Best endorsement he can get is for a poster to declare he’s not athletic. Only then does Andre get the unqualified Boneyard endorsement.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Anyone care to attempt a list of our all-time leapers? I imagine Jackson could potentially head the list one day.
1. Stanley Robinson
2. Rudy Gay
3. Scottie Burrell
4. Doug Wrenn (does he count?)
How about the following
Ben Gordon
Rach Jones
T. Robertson
Marcus White

Reaction Score

He might be a 5 star by the end of the season.

I could see him being a McDonald’s all American. They would like to have him for the dunk contest obviously too

Reaction Score
Rebounds, outlets, and second chance put backs have me more excited than anything. We’ve had guys that can jump over the gym but he seems to have basketball IQ.

Reaction Score
This kid is a basketball player, who happens to be very athletic. By contrast, Sid is an athlete who plays basketball.

This is the biggest point. He has some innate qualities like vision and natural handle. But what I'm most impressed with is his agility. He can move laterally so easily for a guy his size. He looks like he's a 5'11 guard moving around out there. Hugely impressive

Reaction Score
He's insane but a 46.5 vert is pretty much unheard of especially for someone his height, with his speed, who for the most part goes off of one foot. If that # is legit we're talking about an all-time leaper/athlete. That puts him above Jordan, Zion, Drexler, Vince, Lebron etc.

I never know the validity of these #'s but from watching this kid he's clearly in the upper echelon of freaks.

Only person I can think of with a higher vertical is jameel pugh who supposedly had a 50" vertical

Reaction Score
Only person I can think of with a higher vertical is jameel pugh who supposedly had a 50" vertical

I've seen videos of Jameel Pugh. Jameel Pugh is not in the same bounce range as AJ.

DogForLife

New York
Reaction Score
Love the way Hurley recruits, finds studs early. Obviously bouknight and Jackson were national high recruits but it seems hurely is excellent at finding players that art just high recruits but also players he can really develop and thrive into his system

caw

Reaction Score
Hurley has been pretty good at recruiting so far at UConn but we have only seen four of six recruits play and only three play well this year. It’s a small sample to say the least.

That and Adams was a URI recruit, so perhaps a slightly different strategy when Hurley initially recruited him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hurley has been pretty good at recruiting so far at UConn but we have only seen four of six recruits play and only three play well this year. It’s a small sample to say the least.
Fourteen months in and "only three" recruits have played well. That's an incredible hit rate.

Reaction Score

Andre Jackson that I saw over the weekend in Arizona is not the Andre Jackson that I had become accustomed to seeing over the last few years. It's definitely an Andre Jackson that UConn fans and Dan Hurley will be excited to have if he keeps it up.

When Jackson first burst onto the scene as a somewhat raw but very athletic 6-foot-6 wing early in his high school career, he looked like he could end up one of the top ranked wings in the country. While his athleticism only improved, much of the last 18 months for Jackson has been marked by inconsistent performances.
As a senior, Jackson looks to be putting it together. He spent a lot of time with the ball in his hands and I was blown away by some of the passes he made. He can also be a lockdown defender that switches up and down lineups.
Don't get me wrong, being ranked in the top 80 nationally like he is, that's still very impressive. However, he plays like this the rest of the season, he could make a big move up.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think there is a Rudy Gay type comparison? Or Does anyone have any thoughts on Huskies past that he would be most comparable to?

Everything I read gets me more excited to see this kid in a Husky uniform.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think there is a Rudy Gay type comparison? Or Does anyone have any thoughts on Huskies past that he would be most comparable to?

Everything I read gets me more excited to see this kid in a Husky uniform.

I have only watched videos of Andre Jackson, but I don't see similarities between Jackson and Gay, other than excellent leaping ability. Jackson is more of a "2"/"3" and a far better ball handler than Gay. He attacks the rim relentlessly and throws down ferocious dunks. He often makes it look like he is playing against middle school kids as he makes them look that bad while posterizing everyone in sight.

Gay is much longer and far more of a true forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom