Andre Jackson getting post game work in | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson getting post game work in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don’t know what to make of Jackson thus far, he hasn’t really gotten involved. We know he can do alley oops and put backs, but is he going to be able to (this year, not long term) create his own shot? Drive past a defender from the baseline or the top of the key in a half court set? I haven’t seen anything that leads me to believe he can do those things with big East play a week or two away. And I think we all know the shot isn’t going to be his weapon until he fixes that form over the summer

I’m going to get killed for this but... is he just sid Wilson from a skill perspective? I know he is more intelligent, more court aware, and a harder worker so he WILL be great over the long term

comparing two seasons of sid Wilson (who I was a fan of) to two games of Jackson (top 50 recruit) is pretty silly. Like you said, you don’t really know what to expect but to compare him to a player who transferred out of the program to an inferior league and program is just comical. Give the kid a solid sample size before coming public with this takes.

Reaction Score
Bouknight looked lost at times last year before pulling it together. (ie. the Indiana game at MSG) Give this guy some time. With the guidance of our staff he will pull it together and when he does, he's going to be very, very good.
He did but Bouk also came out in the Charleston Classic, his first game, and was immediately scoring and one of the best if not the best player on the court. I’m not saying Ajax won’t be good or special, but JB is super special and as of right now we can’t compare Ajax to JB.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He did but Bouk also came out in the Charleston Classic, his first game, and was immediately scoring and one of the best if not the best player on the court. I’m not saying Ajax won’t be good or special, but JB is super special and as of right now we can’t compare Ajax to JB.
If he starts out as a great defender and passer the hardest part is over. He has time to develop his shooting and with that explosive athleticism he will be very special imho. That picture of him is worth framing. It says everything about his attitude and fire. This team needs leaders. I think he will apply himself and be one of those Uconn players who leaves it all on the court. Some players make everyone else better. I am going to enjoy watching his development along with of the rest of this young team.

Reaction Score
Jackson came out and looked great his first game too, and then had a few silly fouls and barely played game 2. Way too early to panic about him, especially when most of his minutes have been him looking good

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
OK, I thought the game allowed for 5 five fouls.

Fouling out could have been the learning experience but I guess this is another route to take.

I know very little about basketball but I have a hunch UCONN will be a better team with Jackson on the floor in one of the forward positions. We need his passing/playmaking ability and defensive potential.

He has the ability to be a great rebounder and shot blocker/defender. Scott Burrell 2.0 with better assist potential.

It was the last "easy" game on the schedule. There was no preseason, no long list of cupcake games. So if you were going to sit him, make him watch, and send a message, this was the only game where you could do that.

We need him. Need his defense, need his passing. Hurley evidently thought the best way to get the best version of Andre was to sit him down. Hard for me to argue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom