Andre Jackson getting post game work in | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson getting post game work in

Status
Not open for further replies.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Love it. Hasn't shot particularly well the first couple games but doesn't sulk and just goes out to try to get better. He might be my new favorite player (after Sanogo).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Do we want to talk about his form in that picture?

Considering the ball is coming towards him and he is getting ready to grab rebound, not sure how much you can figure out from that pic.

Reaction Score
Don’t know what to make of Jackson thus far, he hasn’t really gotten involved. We know he can do alley oops and put backs, but is he going to be able to (this year, not long term) create his own shot? Drive past a defender from the baseline or the top of the key in a half court set? I haven’t seen anything that leads me to believe he can do those things with big East play a week or two away. And I think we all know the shot isn’t going to be his weapon until he fixes that form over the summer

I’m going to get killed for this but... is he just sid Wilson from a skill perspective? I know he is more intelligent, more court aware, and a harder worker so he WILL be great over the long term

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Considering the ball is coming towards him and he is getting ready to grab rebound, not sure how much you can figure out from that pic.
Didn't see it was coming back.

Reaction Score
Don’t know what to make of Jackson thus far, he hasn’t really gotten involved. We know he can do alley oops and put backs, but is he going to be able to (this year, not long term) create his own shot? Drive past a defender from the baseline or the top of the key in a half court set? I haven’t seen anything that leads me to believe he can do those things with big East play a week or two away. And I think we all know the shot isn’t going to be his weapon until he fixes that form over the summer

I’m going to get killed for this but... is he just sid Wilson from a skill perspective? I know he is more intelligent, more court aware, and a harder worker so he WILL be great over the long term
Andre Jackson had 6 assists in 19 minutes in his debut.

Sid Wilson had 7 assists in 489 minutes as a redshirt freshman.

I’m going to go ahead and say that Andre Jackson is more skilled than Sid Wilson.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Not really a response to your question re: his offense but I think he might be an answer to the defensive lapses or weakness I see in our guards. We are going to face a lot of very good guards in the NBE and someone has to disrupt or contain them. In other words a lockdown defender that can throw a wrench in the other teams stud guard or wing's game. I understand he has very good defensive capability (please comment those with knowledge). With the depth and open court skills we have he can make his own offense by steals and starting/finishing fast breaks. He is also supposed to be a good distributor. We appear to be a team that will make or break this season depending on our defense and depth. I am hoping he can become a monster defender and give opponents anxiety attacks knowing he is going to be closing on them on game night. The shot will come in time but we need a stopper right now on defense. Vital and Gilbert are gone along with Boat and Bazz. Bouknight can't do everything and has to carry the offense. I am a pretty casual fan so appreciate the comments from those having deeper analytical savvy.

Reaction Score
Because he’s a freshman who had 3 fouls in 5 minutes

OK, I thought the game allowed for 5 five fouls.

Fouling out could have been the learning experience but I guess this is another route to take.

I know very little about basketball but I have a hunch UCONN will be a better team with Jackson on the floor in one of the forward positions. We need his passing/playmaking ability and defensive potential.

He has the ability to be a great rebounder and shot blocker/defender. Scott Burrell 2.0 with better assist potential.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Classic BY overreaction 2 games into the kid’s career with very limited practice on a very deep team. I can’t tell if I missed these BY hot takes or not yet.

Reaction Score
OK, I thought the game allowed for 5 five fouls.

Fouling out could have been the learning experience but I guess this is another route to take.

I know very little about basketball but I have a hunch UCONN will be a better team with Jackson on the floor in one of the forward positions. We need his passing/playmaking ability and defensive potential.

He has the ability to be a great rebounder and shot blocker/defender. Scott Burrell 2.0 with better assist potential.
He's going to get better as the season goes on, but when you have 3 fouls in 5 minutes you are going to ride the bench - especially with how soft the refs were calling the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom