2020 Recruiting: - Andre Jackson - Final Rivals Ranking | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Andre Jackson - Final Rivals Ranking

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Hurley likes to recruit guys who have a warriors mentality. If anything, a player feeling like he was slighted by his ranking and want to prove people wrong should only serve to benefit us in the long run.

The best UConn teams have always been built around guys who embrace the underdog mentality.

Reaction Score
Rankings don't matter, the tail of the tape says it all. Once he fills out his body the sky is the LIMIT.

Reaction Score
But is he a Big East level athlete?
Someone please insert some stats here?!!! Last ones I've seen were off the charts. Unfortunately for him I think whomever was in charge of the mixtapes focused on highlighting the athleticism and haven't shown his other prowess as far as shooting rebounding etc.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I thought he should be ranked around 50 which seems fair. Remember UConn has done well with players ranked similarly.

Reaction Score
Jackson has a lot of potential but the article is accurate, he’s needs to polish up his basketball skills. Is there 67 guys better than him who really cares but his upside is great.

Reaction Score
Ben really wanted to go to Duke but he wasn't ranked high enough for them (mid 30's, irc). So he came to UConn and beat them.
And he was a much better player than Daniel Ewing, who Duke took instead.

Ray Allen was another 4 star who was way better than his ranking.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Exactly. Case in point - Vital was ranked something like #150 coming out of high school and ended up scoring over 1,700 points at UConn. Rankings shmankings
Wholeheartedly disagree. Reputable ranking sites like 247 and Rivals have historically been a great indicator. Especially in regards to that upper end top-50 type talent. They know who the best of the best are.

Reaction Score
Wholeheartedly disagree. Reputable ranking sites like 247 and Rivals have historically been a great indicator. Especially in regards to that upper end top-50 type talent. They know who the best of the best are.
Good point, but they can’t necessarily identify who would be the most impactful players outside of the top 50/100. Vital in this case came to mind.

Reaction Score
the people who are saying he’s under ranked. Is that based off highlight tapes or have u seen full games or live?

A little slow on the draw responding to a May 20th post, but my view of him being under ranked is based on living near Brewster and going to a number of their games. Brewster always has 4-8 ranked players on the team and are playing opponents with ranked players in the games I go to. Combined with attending Hoophall, this is my personal frame of reference. This year I saw a lot of top 100 like Kadary Richmond, Matt Cross, and Jamal Mashburn's son at Brewster. Between this year and last year I watched Terrence Clarke at least 10 times in person, and Jackson 2x in person plus the mix tapes and posted games. Clarke is consensus top 10 going to Kentucky and I don't think he's clear-cut the better player. Clarke can make shots, but he doesn't shoot any better than Jackson. Clarke's handle isn't better than Jackson's. Clarke is a tad bigger and is also an athlete, but Jackson is a spectacular athlete. Clarke and Jackson are both finishers, but Clarke doesn't have the playmaking instinct for others that Jackson has. I've seen spectacular passes from Jackson including the full speed behind the back pass from mid court to the corner for an open 3. I can't even think of a Clarke assist that turned my head. Husky429 has watched more games and feels turnovers are a problem with Jackson. He does take playmaking risks but I have not personally seen that as an issue, (and maybe I should). Kadary Richmond is a PG warrior with size. Matt Cross is as good a shooter as I have seen. I'm not obsessed with rankings, I'm just saying Clarke in the top 10 has nothing on Jackson, and Jackson has more to his overall game than similarly ranked kids like Richmond and Cross that are very good players with a particular strong suit. If you like Booknight your going to love Jackson.

Reaction Score
A little slow on the draw responding to a May 20th post, but my view of him being under ranked is based on living near Brewster and going to a number of their games. Brewster always has 4-8 ranked players on the team and are playing opponents with ranked players in the games I go to. Combined with attending Hoophall, this is my personal frame of reference. This year I saw a lot of top 100 like Kadary Richmond, Matt Cross, and Jamal Mashburn's son at Brewster. Between this year and last year I watched Terrence Clarke at least 10 times in person, and Jackson 2x in person plus the mix tapes and posted games. Clarke is consensus top 10 going to Kentucky and I don't think he's clear-cut the better player. Clarke can make shots, but he doesn't shoot any better than Jackson. Clarke's handle isn't better than Jackson's. Clarke is a tad bigger and is also an athlete, but Jackson is a spectacular athlete. Clarke and Jackson are both finishers, but Clarke doesn't have the playmaking instinct for others that Jackson has. I've seen spectacular passes from Jackson including the full speed behind the back pass from mid court to the corner for an open 3. I can't even think of a Clarke assist that turned my head. Husky429 has watched more games and feels turnovers are a problem with Jackson. He does take playmaking risks but I have not personally seen that as an issue, (and maybe I should). Kadary Richmond is a PG warrior with size. Matt Cross is as good a shooter as I have seen. I'm not obsessed with rankings, I'm just saying Clarke in the top 10 has nothing on Jackson, and Jackson has more to his overall game than similarly ranked kids like Richmond and Cross that are very good players with a particular strong suit. If you like Booknight your going to love Jackson.

Great summary. Made my day.
Any idea why we didn't pursue Matt Cross or whether we actually did make an effort but weren't successful?

Reaction Score

great post. I heard Terrence Clark never passes. Played richmond in AAU and he was a monster that game.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I’m giddy to see this kid in a UConn jersey. He’s gonna be something else.
Anyone remember Chris Porter from Auburn? Jackson reminds me a little of him.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If the kid can work on certain aspects of her game he will be unreal
I don't care where he's ranked

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members