2020 Recruiting: - Andre Jackson - Final Rivals Ranking | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Andre Jackson - Final Rivals Ranking

Reaction Score
From Rivals . . .

1589911831596.png

Evans: Andre Jackson
The UConn bound forward ascended the Rivals150 Rankings during the final update, but is No. 68 high enough? Jackson needs to improve his ball skills category and shot-making, but what an athlete! Jackson is among the elite of the elite in that category and not just at the high school level but really, within the high-major realm and maybe even in the NBA. To get to that level, he must polish practically every other portion of his game but his physical tools may be that of somebody who is ranked in the top 70 range.

Basketball Recruiting - Final 2020 Rivals150 rankings: Cunningham stays No. 1

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
The UConn bound forward ascended the Rivals150 Rankings during the final update, but is No. 68 high enough? Jackson needs to improve his ball skills category and shot-making, but what an athlete! Jackson is among the elite of the elite in that category and not just at the high school level but really, within the high-major realm and maybe even in the NBA. To get to that level, he must polish practically every other portion of his game but his physical tools may be that of somebody who is ranked in the top 70 range.

:eek:

Reaction Score
If I have said it once, I have said it 100 times... and will say it many, many more times whenever rankings get brought up and some of you get your noses bent out of shape because one or more of our recruits is ranked "too low".

The answer is: WHO THE HELL CARES (other than for amusement purposes)

Perfect example: none other than James Bouknight. Here are Bouknight's final rankings at the end of last year:

Rival's - 84th (and they had DROPPED him 8 spots in their final ranking... seriously???)
247Sports - 66th
247Sports Composite - 53rd (closer to reality, but sorry, not nearly close enough)
ESPN - 69th

NOW - take the time to go through each of those rankings lists and look at every recruit listed above him. Find me any more than 5 to 10 of those kids who a) had a better freshman year than JB or b) has a bigger upside than him going into next year.

We all would agree that Bouknight should have been ranked in the Top 25, and a fringe 5* at worst. Yes, I know he was injured and missed AAU ball his last summer of 2018. But he did play for his high school team over the 2018/2019 winter, so you don't need to give me (or these recruiting "guru buffoons") an excuse... particularly when the idiots at Rivals actually DROPPED him 8 spots AFTER his High School season to #84. You can not make excuses for such abject stupidity.

Fact is, other than the top "can't miss" guys year in and year out (top 10 to 20 depending on the year), most of the experts who put together these rankings are CLUELESS when it comes to ranking the rest.

Bottom line: all that matters is what the young man can do on the court, once he is here, playing for our Huskies. And from what those who have seen Andre play are saying, combined with what Hurley has said (and I trust his and this staff's eye for talent way more than any of these recruiting website "experts"), Andre Jackson has the chance to have a similar impact if not even more than Mr. Bouknight had this year.

I need to hear nothing else. Sure, I will give a quick glance at where he is ranked on these diferent sites... for amusement more than anything else. But with Hurley and this coaching staff, I quickly laugh and say "Just another young man who is going to WAY outplay his ranking while wearing our uniform."

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
If I have said it once, I have said it 100 times... and will say it many, many more times whenever rankings get brought up and some of you get your noses bent out of shape because one or more of our recruits is ranked "too low".

The answer is: WHO THE HELL CARES (other than for amusement purposes)

Perfect example: none other than James Bouknight. Here are Bouknight's final rankings at the end of last year:

Rival's - 84th (and they had DROPPED him 8 spots in their final ranking... seriously???)
247Sports - 66th
247Sports Composite - 53rd (closer to reality, but sorry, not nearly close enough)
ESPN - 69th

NOW - take the time to go through each of those rankings lists and look at every recruit listed above him. Find me any more than 5 to 10 of those kids who a) had a better freshman year than JB or b) has a bigger upside than him going into next year.

We all would agree that Bouknight should have been ranked in the Top 25, and a fringe 5* at worst. Yes, I know he was injured and missed AAU ball his last summer of 2018. But he did play for his high school team over the 2018/2019 winter, so you don't need to give me (or these recruiting "guru buffoons") an excuse... particularly when the idiots at Rivals actually DROPPED him 8 spots AFTER his High School season to #84. You can not make excuses for such abject stupidity.

Fact is, other than the top "can't miss" guys year in and year out (top 10 to 20 depending on the year), most of the experts who put together these rankings are CLUELESS when it comes to ranking the rest.

Bottom line: all that matters is what the young man can do on the court, once he is here, playing for our Huskies. And from what those who have seen Andre play are saying, combined with what Hurley has said (and I trust his and this staff's eye for talent way more than any of these recruiting website "experts"), Andre Jackson has the chance to have a similar impact if not even more than Mr. Bouknight had this year.

I need to hear nothing else. Sure, I will give a quick glance at where he is ranked on these diferent sites... for amusement more than anything else. But with Hurley and this coaching staff, I quickly laugh and say "Just another young man who is going to WAY outplay his ranking while wearing our uniform."
I think calling it abject stupidity is a bit harsh. Judging talent is not a science. You posit 'who the hell cares' and then type another 1,000 words about it. No offense but maybe take your own advice?

Reaction Score
Write up makes no sense- they fear he is not ranked high enough buy in the end the write up says he has skills that fall in the 70 range - huh?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This sounds like he's a Top 20 guy when and if his outside shot starts falling.

Reaction Score
I think calling it abject stupidity is a bit harsh. Judging talent is not a science. You posit 'who the hell cares' and then type another 1,000 words about it. No offense but maybe take your own advice?

Actually - it is my point to those who say they are butt hurt every time one of our recruits gets under-ranked vs. guys who go to Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc...

After a decade+ of reading the same whining over and over again, I decided to say something.

And maybe you should learn how to count... the total number of words is just over 400. My point still stands. The rankings don't mean crap. Their actual play is all that matters.

Reaction Score
Actually - it is my point to those who say they are butt hurt every time one of our recruits gets under-ranked vs. guys who go to Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc...

After a decade+ of reading the same whining over and over again, I decided to say something.

And maybe you should learn how to count... the total number of words is just over 400. My point still stands. The rankings don't mean crap. Their actual play is all that matters.

Want a xanax, bro?

Reaction Score
We need to be glad these guys who should be 5 stars but end up highly underrated exist because it gives us a fighting chance against Dook and UK who won’t look at a kid if they’re outside of the top 25 unless they’re desperate. These are the same guys we’re going to use to beat those overrated 5 star recruits to win our 5th national championship

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
We need to be glad these guys who should be 5 stars but end up highly underrated exist because it gives us a fighting chance against Dook and UK who won’t look at a kid if they’re outside of the top 25 unless they’re desperate. These are the same guys we’re going to use to beat those overrated 5 star recruits to win our 5th national championship
Yes and hopefully the future NC's will come in clusters as in the past proving once again that flying under the radar is normal but so are multiple national championships in the College Basketball Capital of the World.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but I hate this talk. People forget how hard it is to win just one.
That's OK. I said "hope" not expectations. Expectations are resentments under construction. There is an enormous difference. I just hope they give their best for their own sake. Character is portable and follows wherever they go. We have such a tradition since JC and now hoping Danny will help bring it back with them. Often the "underdog" but it isn't the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog. I think DH
is made out of that mold.

Reaction Score
Asked around and the best i heard on a breakdown. AJ is similar to Stanley Robinson. Crazy natural talent. Jump over kids hops. But sometimes dribbles into packs if kids or takes sloppy shots. But he is very coachable. Nice kid.

Reaction Score
Asked around and the best i heard on a breakdown. AJ is similar to Stanley Robinson. Crazy natural talent. Jump over kids hops. But sometimes dribbles into packs if kids or takes sloppy shots. But he is very coachable. Nice kid.
Stix wasn’t much of a passer at all. From what we can see/have heard AJ has potential to be a good facilitator.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that thinks his rankings are basically fair. Composite of 53 seems fine to me.

He is super athletic, decently skilled, but I'm not sure any colleges coaches are buying that he can shoot worth a lick quite yet--and the game is all about shooting. After watching a few of his games, it's apparent he is super turnover-prone, but high potential as his size as a ballhandler and passer.

We're talking about the top 100 HS players in the entire country. The differences between 30 and 100 are tough to gauge. Are we talking about NBA potential? Then maybe he's higher. Skill set and production right now? Probably lower.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom