Andre Jackson Dunk... | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Dunk...

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 1.29.45 PM.png

Reaction Score
Maybe more impressive is that he is currently directing our offense as a freshman in his first game back. He changed the complexion of this game when he came in for Adams. IQ and court awareness are extremely advanced.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Maybe more impressive is that he is currently directing our offense as a freshman in his first game back. He changed the complexion of this game when he came in for Adams. IQ and court awareness are extremely advanced.
He’s got at least 5 top notch entry passes that may be the best we’ve seen from anyone all year. Great all around confidence building game for him - the dunk, the 3, the defense, the passing.

Reaction Score
He’s got at least 5 top notch entry passes that may be the best we’ve seen from anyone all year. Great all around confidence building game for him - the dunk, the 3, the defense, the passing.
I agree. So nice to see him more aggressive. This game should help his confidence going forward.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
May the power of the pomsky compel him!!

Reaction Score
Nice but right now it feels like it doesn't count.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
How about his passing/vision/intangibles/running point? Kid is a flat out stud, it's now up to Hurley using him correctly and getting everything out of his abilities.

Our guys need to be ready at all times when he is on the floor. We dropped some nice passes today. It will be exciting to see him and Bouk on the court together and I’m hopeful for some nice alley-oops.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Nice but right now it feels like it doesn't count.
Why? We’re still firmly in the tournament. We’re getting better every game. We’ve now seen viable contributions from nearly everyone in a UConn uniform.

Martin
Polley
Gaffney
Cole
Bouknignt

We’ve had 5 different leading scorers through 12 games.

We have played conference leading defense in every stat that matters.

Through 3 substantial pauses and major injury were 8-4.

The trajectory of the program is decidedly pointing up.

Why let the W/L column determine your happiness?

Reaction Score
Why? We’re still firmly in the tournament. We’re getting better every game. We’ve now seen viable contributions from nearly everyone in a UConn uniform.

Martin
Polley
Gaffney
Cole
Bouknignt

We’ve had 5 different leading scorers through 12 games.

We have played conference leading defense in every stat that matters.

Through 3 substantial pauses and major injury were 8-4.

The trajectory of the program is decidedly pointing up.

Why let the W/L column determine your happiness?
Like I said it was nice, and I celebrated. But at the end of the day I'm just not a fan of moral victories dunks.

Reaction Score
Thought his floor game today was excellent for the first game back. As others have noted his court vision and passing are advanced. He looked off defenders a few times prior to making a pin point pass. His teammates need to be ready for those passes because he sees the floor so well.

Once he gets a little more rust off of his game and DH lets him play. He can really be a difference maker on D. A number of times today he was just a half a step late on some steals/deflections. That will change to steals in the next few games with some more PT.

Looked like he was having some fun and gaining more confidence on every touch.

Reaction Score
How about his passing/vision/intangibles/running point? Kid is a flat out stud, it's now up to Hurley using him correctly and getting everything out of his abilities.
Gotta 2nd this.

His high IQ surprised me this game compared to what I saw earlier in the season. It may be a product of more minutes given Bouk is out.

This kid has point-forward written all over him. Excellent vision, timing, and instincts.

Reaction Score
This kid is going to be something- he was so active today and besides that one slip up in the far corner on defense - I thought his on the ball defense was really good- he hit that three made - some free throws - that dunk was ferocious - very encouraging sign out of him today. Nice to have a point guard Who finally has some flash to his game - our players arent ready for those entry passes. Lol

Reaction Score
Some posters seem surprised that Jackson played like this based on his first 4 games. I think he showed better because he was used differently. My recollection in the early season games he was put in as a Martin type forward being asked to rebound and play defense. He had a number of assists by just making some plays when he happened to get the ball. In this game they put the ball in his hands a lot. That makes all the difference. Then they used him for backcourt pressure where he will excel. Even the good trap at the end of the game it took a good play by the trapped player to get the ball out of the corner to Aiken. Hopefully we will continue with these trends. Using him correctly is spot on.

Reaction Score
I think knowing he was going to get some real minutes may have give him some confidence. Again, I like the 3 w/out a dribble. Gaff and Cole shoot much better from outside this way as well.

The dunk was as impressive as they get, but hopefully this a breakout game for him. I like him at the top of the press, too. He could be disruptive.

Reaction Score
Some posters seem surprised that Jackson played like this based on his first 4 games. I think he showed better because he was used differently. My recollection in the early season games he was put in as a Martin type forward being asked to rebound and play defense. He had a number of assists by just making some plays when he happened to get the ball. In this game they put the ball in his hands a lot. That makes all the difference. Then they used him for backcourt pressure where he will excel. Even the good trap at the end of the game it took a good play by the trapped player to get the ball out of the corner to Aiken. Hopefully we will continue with these trends.
You're totally right. I think he looked bigger than some fans thought he would be so they thought he should play the Martin role and or be a 4 and Hurley used him in that sort of capacity in those limited minutes but he's clearly a point forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom