Andre Jackson as Wade Boggs | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson as Wade Boggs

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
?????

Wade Boggs was supposedly a stud in BP hitting HR's. It was commonly thought he could be a .280-.290 hitter and get 30 HR's a season. But he was determined to be the slowest runner whose whole career and impact on the game was based on base hits and sacrificing any power numbers.

Jackson is the opposite. The supreme athlete who seems like he should get 20 a night without breaking a sweat but is determined to be the most impactful player on the floor without scoring. Box score says he had one steal. That is wrong. The dive deflection and dive on the floor in the second half when UConn was up 30 was perfect for him.

Complete opposites but both determined to use the skills or crafts they value most to impact a game over what 99% of players with their skill level would do.

Reaction Score
?????

Wade Boggs was supposedly a stud in BP hitting HR's. It was commonly thought he could be a .280-.290 hitter and get 30 HR's a season. But he was determined to be the slowest runner whose whole career and impact on the game was based on base hits and sacrificing any power numbers.

Jackson is the opposite. The supreme athlete who seems like he should get 20 a night without breaking a sweat but is determined to be the most impactful player on the floor without scoring. Box score says he had one steal. That is wrong. The dive deflection and dive on the floor in the second half when UConn was up 30 was perfect for him.

Complete opposites but both determined to use the skills or crafts they value most to impact a game over what 99% of players with their skill level would do.

He had 3 steals for sure. Box ain't right.

Reaction Score
Idk if I’ve ever seen a player show that much effort in a blowout win that only took 2 shots… he’s savage… he’s Andre Savage.

He will elbow drop someone off the top turnbuckle for a loose ball!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
At the end of the day, Wade Boggs DGAS imo. Jackson does, every game.

That would be a dichotomy in that Boggs seemed to value detuning his power skills for personal achievement for batting average whereas Jackson holds back his scoring to affect team performance.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
?????

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
?????

stretching big brother GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And it's so obvious he impacts the game. So how does an opposing coach game plan to take Jackson out of his game, when his game doesn't involve scoring??
Not so secret weapon!

I keep going back to Stacey Augmon 30 years ago with those UNLV teams. Just be the most intense player out there and things work themselves out. Jackson is a much better passer than Augmon but they just impact every possession when they play.

Reaction Score
I keep going back to Stacey Augmon 30 years ago with those UNLV teams. Just be the most intense player out there and things work themselves out. Jackson is a much better passer than Augmon but they just impact every possession when they play.
Good memory and comparison.

caw

Reaction Score
Better ball handler too but defensively I agree.

Reaction Score
?????

Agreed. When I watch Jackson play the very first thing that comes to mind is.... Wade Boggs

Reaction Score
I would say Andre Jackson might be like Scottie Pippen. I believe Reggie Miller stated a quote that said something like "Scottie can take over the game even if he scores just 5 points". Anyone watching the game tonight knows AJ had a huge impact in turning this game from a close game to a blowout. He wasn't the only factor in doing so, but he was a big factor nonetheless.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Mr. Intangible. His impact on a game can't be measured with standard metrics but when you watch you can't help but be impressed and realize how special & unique a player he truly is.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Students chanting Andre Jackson late in the game. So much fun to watch him play. He makes everyone else better.
Andre is The Answer.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Boggs was my favorite player for a long time until he left the Sox. I love AJax too, but don't see anything else similar.

Reaction Score
If this was 10-pin Andre is definitely the 1, the 2 and 3 are obvious, and Karaban is standing at the 5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom