Andre Jackson: “Now I want to get another one while I’m here… only way I’m not coming back is if Coach tells me to leave” | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson: “Now I want to get another one while I’m here… only way I’m not coming back is if Coach tells me to leave”

Reaction Score
I like that we can all have a good-natured laugh at him taking possibly the ugliest two 3-point attempts in the history of basketball tonight.
It wasn’t funny when he took them. Neither was either towards the end of the shot clock or in rhythm when he wasn’t being guarded, which are the only times he should be looking to shoot 3s.

As I’ve said before, shooting the 3 better, while it would be great, is not the #1 priority for his shooting practices. He needs to be able to shoot 10 to 12 foot jumpers so he has something other than a push shot available when he isn’t being played honestly.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He has a chance (if he isn’t already) to be one of the best to ever play here. Basketball skill set aside, he’s a winner, a true leader and he would be an incredible mentor to this highly talented, but young, incoming freshman class.

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
Just beautiful. Best court vision I can remember seeing.
Bills “he makes passes that make you say whoa no one taught him that” through the legs backward to set up Joey’s big three. It may have not been a beautiful game but as usual Andre made some beautiful plays. Wish JH had made that dunk…it would have been the tournament highlight…just too much adrenaline….

Reaction Score
Happy for all the players, but especially happy for Andre and Adama - the distance the program, their individual skillsets, and their leadership has come in 3-years has been remarkable, and they are both kids who really deserve it

Reaction Score
30 minutes after the game ended I immediately felt compelled to buy a classic white Jackson Jr. jersey. I've said it once I'll say it again, favorite husky BY FAR since Kemba.

For me, it's as follows:

1) Kemba
2) Jackson Jr.
3) RIP
4) Emeka
5) Ray
6) Adama
7) Bazz

This isn't a ranking of their place in husky lore, how good they are, etc. This is a personal ranking of how much I love these guys. AJJ couldn't be more likeable.

Reaction Score
30 minutes after the game ended I immediately felt compelled to buy a classic white Jackson Jr. jersey. I've said it once I'll say it again, favorite husky BY FAR since Kemba.

For me, it's as follows:

1) Kemba
2) Jackson Jr.
3) RIP
4) Emeka
5) Ray
6) Bazz

This isn't a ranking of their place in husky lore, how good they are, etc. This is a personal ranking of how much I love these guys. AJJ couldn't be more likeable.

I think Andre Jackson is the top of the list for a lot of people now after this, he for sure is my favorite ever

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
He has a chance (if he isn’t already) to be one of the best to ever play here. Basketball skill set aside, he’s a winner, a true leader and he would be an incredible mentor to this highly talented, but young, incoming freshman class.
So true! I wish he played football too.

Reaction Score
I love that he wants to stick around as long as he can and he would be a great leader and bridge to our huge class next year.

I have a hard time seeing him as a 1st round pick this year, or especially next year as a senior unless he makes a huge leap in his own offense, but if some NBA GM says they'd bite, he should seize the opportunity.

Reaction Score
And the know-nothings on this board were crucifying this kid earlier in the season for his poor shooting nights, failing to recognize all the other benefits Andre gave this team.

Congrats on the ring, Andre - would love to have you back!

Reaction Score
I feel very lucky to watch Andre Jackson play for UConn. Beyond his obvious talent he is an incredibly smart and hardworking player and a leader, everything you could want to cheer for. I would love to see him back but I hope he does whatever is best for him and his family.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Congratulations to the UConn men's basketball team, Coach Hurley, and all of you guys...the fans. I'm a huge UConn women's BB fan and don't really follow the men, but I caught on after the first weekend. I enjoyed it. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Wait, didn't that guy on the Syracuse board tell us Andre was going to transfer because he was sick of Hurley? Lol
Do you have a link to this infamous Syracuse board that I keep reading about? I'd like to stroll over there for a look-see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom