Andre Drummond makes All-NBA Third Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Drummond makes All-NBA Third Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Harden played 0 defense, his team was mediocre, and he came into the season out of shape and more or less because of that his coach got fired. His 3pt shooting was down to average and turnovers were up.

Good numbers otherwise, but definitely easier when you're only playing 1/2 the court. By sheer offensive numbers, you could have given it to him over Lowry or Dame, just depends how much you want to factor in all the other stuff.
There's no way I can justify leaving a guy who averaged 29/7/7 off of even the 3rd or 2nd team All-NBA when he carried his team to the playoffs while leading the league in MPG, no matter how bad his defense. People get caught up in circle jerking about guys who don't play D but there isn't a team in the NBA that wouldn't want Harden, offense trumps defense by a mile in this league, the best guys do both.

Reaction Score
Not even close. I played basketball for 14 years. Made all-state twice. Scored almost 1600 career points in high school. I know the game of basketball like the back of my hand.
Didn't Al Bundy once score 4 TDs for Polk High

C

Chief00

Not even close. I played basketball for 14 years. Made all-state twice. Scored almost 1600 career points in high school. I know the game of basketball like the back of my hand.
Maybe you would have gotten past HS if you understood it better - LOL enjoy the holiday weekend but you are wrong about showing Andre some UConn hate!

C

Chief00

There's no way I can justify leaving a guy who averaged 29/7/7 off of even the 3rd or 2nd team All-NBA when he carried his team to the playoffs while leading the league in MPG, no matter how bad his defense. People get caught up in circle jerking about guys who don't play D but there isn't a team in the NBA that wouldn't want Harden, offense trumps defense by a mile in this league, the best guys do both.

I agree on Harden - maybe not a great team player - but who wants to guard him? He is tough to guard and I would have a spot for him on my team.

Reaction Score
But he was a disappointment here!

:rolleyes:
Career success is associated with team success at UConn.
He played for possibly the most unachieving team in UConn history
When you look at that team you have to scratch your head.
The were below .5oo in league play.
That team had 3 current NBA players and
3 or 4 more still making money playing basketball.
Andre was a 17 year kid ,so he gets a pass.

Reaction Score

You gotta pick Dame or Lowry to kick off then. Both of whom carried better teams to the playoffs (as better seeds) and who had similar number profiles and both of whom play better D (Dame only marginally so).

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Deandre Jordan averaged 12 and 13. He shouldn't even have sniffed 3rd team let alone first team. Harden should be on here too.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
You gotta pick Dame or Lowry to kick off then. Both of whom carried better teams to the playoffs (as better seeds) and who had similar number profiles and both of whom play better D (Dame only marginally so).
Honestly, Lowry is trash in my opinion. If he wasn't in the East he'd be irrelevant. Dame is good but he's not better than Harden in my opinion. Harden is the superior scorer and even as a 2 is the better playmaker for his team than Lillard is. Lillard's main strength over Harden is 3pt shooting.

Reaction Score
Honestly, Lowry is trash in my opinion. If he wasn't in the East he'd be irrelevant.

Come on. 21, 6.5, 5 and 2 steals per game (2:1 A:TO). 6th highest guard PER, 4th highest in RPM, a plus defender and best player on the 2-seed. The East is definitely the worse conference of the 2, especially at the top, but it wasn't a dumpster fire overall this year like it has been in the past. Subjectively he's the best player on the 6th? best team. He's got to make an All-NBA team.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Come on. 21, 6.5, 5 and 2 steals per game (2:1 A:TO). 6th highest guard PER, 4th highest in RPM, a plus defender and best player on the 2-seed. The East is definitely the worse conference of the 2, especially at the top, but it wasn't a dumpster fire overall this year like it has been in the past. Subjectively he's the best player on the 6th? best team. He's got to make an All-NBA team.
You used Lowry and Lillard as examples of guards who deserved spots over Harden, neither is better, that was the point of my post. Also the true Lowry was exposed these playoffs, he's a decent regular season guard who can overachieve but at the most loaded position in the league there's a dozen guys I'd want over him at that position in the postseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom