Andre Drummond makes All-NBA Third Team | The Boneyard

Andre Drummond makes All-NBA Third Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Drummond made the All-NBA Third team, receiving 13 first team votes, and garnering the 11th most votes of any player.

Andre averaged 16.2 PPG and a league-leading 14.8 RPG on the season. He's still only 22 years old.

Reaction Score
Beat out Anthony Davis for that last spot, which potentially cost him almost $24 million in contract incentives.

Davis is listed as forward tho, right?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Davis is listed as forward tho, right?
I would say so but I've also seen them bend player positions to make them fit all the time, you may be right though.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Andre's NBA career and his UConn career are two very different stories.

No, they're really not. He came to UConn as a young and highly athletic and talented kid with tons of potential. In the NBA, he's still a young and highly athletic and talented individual who is starting to realize that potential and live up to it.

Also, it's unfair to compare an NBA career to his UConn career when he was here for basically a few months.

Congrats to Andre and I expect to see him on these lists every year for his forseeable career in the NBA.

Reaction Score
No, they're really not. He came to UConn as a young and highly athletic and talented kid with tons of potential. In the NBA, he's still a young and highly athletic and talented individual who is starting to realize that potential and live up to it.

Also, it's unfair to compare an NBA career to his UConn career when he was here for basically a few months.

Congrats to Andre and I expect to see him on these lists every year for his forseeable career in the NBA.

You cannot honestly tell me you thought Andre would be a third-team NBA player by the time he was 22. He left UConn with many question marks. Not trying to take anything away from Andre, big congrats to him.

Reaction Score
Paul George had that horrific injury right?

If so that's some good news, and testimate for the next unfortunate soul. Would be great if they chronicled (video) his comeback.

Reaction Score
Couldn't have happened to a nicer, more likeable guy! He's really a great person, regardless of basketball. You never hear anything bad about him, but we do hear lots of good stories about him.

Reaction Score
Couldn't have happened to a nicer, more likeable guy! He's really a great person, regardless of basketball. You never hear anything bad about him, but we do hear lots of good stories about him.

I know a cousin of his who is a very nice young man. They talk about once a week when they can.

His cousin hung out with him in Boston when the Pistons were in town.

C

Chief00

You cannot honestly tell me you thought Andre would be a third-team NBA player by the time he was 22. He left UConn with many question marks. Not trying to take anything away from Andre, big congrats to him.

Quite frankly, in all due respect, you don't understand basketball. I have laid this out before - but the failure of 2012 had nothing to do with a Freshman who came close to averaging doubles/doubles. The problem was a lack of team chemistry due to numerous coaching changes caused by NCAA suspension and medical illness. Additionally, Boat was under NCAA investigation and had to be sidelined and then came back. You also had the phenomenon of guys who played on a Championship team the year before thinking they were the reason why but it was a much different group without Kemba. After all of that Andre was still a top ten pick.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I could. And he did. And now he will be a perennial all-star.

Your thought process goes along with 95% of UConn students while Andre was at UConn. That somehow, while averaging 10 and 9 as a freshman in the best basketball league that has ever existed, he was the worst thing to happen to UConn basketball. He was a very raw, athletic freak of nature and just because he didn't live up to your personal standards doesn't mean his performance at UConn was a disappointment.

Reaction Score
He was the best center in his draft class. The center position in the NBA stinks. He's been working at it for 4 seasons now and improving each year, not that hard to believe.

Reaction Score
I know a cousin of his who is a very nice young man. They talk about once a week when they can.

His cousin hung out with him in Boston when the Pistons were in town.

What's the third stanza of the rhyme like?

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, in all due respect, you don't understand basketball. I have laid this out before - but the failure of 2012 had nothing to do with a Freshman who came close to averaging doubles/doubles. The problem was a lack of team chemistry due to numerous coaching changes caused by NCAA suspension and medical illness. Additionally, Boat was under NCAA investigation and had to be sidelined and then came back. You also had the phenomenon of guys who played on a Championship team the year before thinking they were the reason why but it was a much different group without Kemba. After all of that Andre was still a top ten pick.

Not even close. I played basketball for 14 years. Made all-state twice. Scored almost 1600 career points in high school. I know the game of basketball like the back of my hand.

Reaction Score
Why is DeAndre Jordan 1st team? I don't think he's better than Drummond at this point and he's sure as hell not better than Cousins.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Why is DeAndre Jordan 1st team? I don't think he's better than Drummond at this point and he's sure as hell not better than Cousins.
That along with Harden being left out completely are absolutely baffling selections this year.

Reaction Score
Not even close. I played basketball for 14 years. Made all-state twice. Scored almost 1600 career points in high school. I know the game of basketball like the back of my hand.
who are you?

Reaction Score
That along with Harden being left out completely are absolutely baffling selections this year.

Harden played 0 defense, his team was mediocre, and he came into the season out of shape and more or less because of that his coach got fired. His 3pt shooting was down to average and turnovers were up.

Good numbers otherwise, but definitely easier when you're only playing 1/2 the court. By sheer offensive numbers, you could have given it to him over Lowry or Dame, just depends how much you want to factor in all the other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom