Andre Appreciation Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andre Appreciation Thread

Reaction Score
I’ve been critical of AJ and his outside game and playing out of control. Today, he played in the paint and in transition. He played great.
Same for me, and I think going forward his confidence will help things too.

Reaction Score
Been 100% critical of Jax as many have and justifiably so. Yesterday he did what he should be doing all the time, transition, attack the rim and play near the rim and above the rim at ALL times. That's where he is a threat on the offensive end. If he starts to go back to the 3pt line and hang out in the midrange area hes useless to us and Hurley should take him out of the game. My ONLY issue with him yesterday is he took 4 3pt shots and was 0-4. 2nd most attempts on the team. I don't mind him taking 1, MAYBE 2 just to see if they are falling but its no coincidence he went 0-4 from 3pt land and 5-10 from the field in total which is essentially 5-6 near the goal if you take away the 4 3pt misses.

Reaction Score
Just so he can miss them both?? What does that accomplish….,the fact that he can miss them both??
He makes 1 out of 4. Has his entire career. That is the fact.

I don't expect that to change. It's weird you think he miss all his three point shots in every game. That is simply not supportable according to his history.

Reaction Score
Guess the new term is dunkers spot.. I call it the baseline.. Anyway.. When Andre is navigating the baseline on offense.. Using his speed and athleticism to get open.. He can really do some damage there...Has been open to him all year.. His teammates just need to give him catchable passes and he needs to co-exist with our Bigs in the paint.

Dependent on matchups but can be a weapon. Heard him and Danny talk about utilizing last week to work on his/the team's understanding of getting him some opportunities in his "spots".. Worked pretty well yesterday. Diarra assisted on a few of his dunks..

Also makes himself available for lobs/oops/offensive boards/putbacks

Reaction Score
AJ was productive today. But this play you're citing is the same type of play that I criticize. Everything doesn't have to be a highlight reel. Tone it down and convert

I suppose a counter argument to my point would be you don't want to take away his spirit, and that carries some weight. But I still believe he's better if just executes more with less flash.
.....it was an airball by Hawk at the end of the shot clock so it was actually a heads-up play and attempt by him.

You probably didn't have the full context of the play.

Reaction Score
I was just telling AZ they play so far off him just take the 10-15 footer floater like Jeremy Lamb . A made 2 pointer is better than a missed 3

it’s unfortunate, but he is not able to make the 10-15 footer. No threes, run him on the baseline, and find him in transition is when he can score.

Reaction Score
AJax got a lot of criticism for his play in the Creighton game and a few games in a row before that and deservedly so. I am glad this thread is here, however, because he was really good in yesterday's game and deserves a lot of credit for yesterday's win.

Reaction Score
Guess the new term is dunkers spot.. I call it the baseline.. Anyway.. When Andre is navigating the baseline on offense.. Using his speed and athleticism to get open.. He can really do some damage there...Has been open to him all year.. His teammates just need to give him catchable passes and he needs to co-exist with our Bigs in the paint.

Dependent on matchups but can be a weapon. Heard him and Danny talk about utilizing last week to work on his/the team's understanding of getting him some opportunities in his "spots".. Worked pretty well yesterday. Diarra assisted on a few of his dunks..

Fwiw on the dunker spot...

There are three different positions on the baseline: corner, short corner, and dunker spot. Dunker spot is just a few feet farther out than the short corner to maximize spacing. You essentially use it the same way.

Reaction Score
.....it was an airball by Hawk at the end of the shot clock so it was actually a heads-up play and attempt by him.

This. It was actually a very high IQ play because there was no time to land and gather for a layup or dunk.

Reaction Score
Mix in the new mid range J and he has a game. HIT HANG RELEASE

Reaction Score
Fwiw on the dunker spot...

There are three different positions on the baseline: corner, short corner, and dunker spot. Dunker spot is just a few feet farther out than the short corner to maximize spacing. You essentially use it the same way.
Appreciate your input..Did not know that as a casual fan.. Can see corner postioning....Did not know about short corner vs dunker spot.. When Hawk attacked the rim for a dunk the other night..Assumed that was a "corner" originated move that ended with a dunk.. BTW.. Clingan helped with clearing the lane for the action.

Still think Andre can be an asset to the team working the short corner/dunker spot .. Need him on ball occasionally but his athleticism is wasted if he's not working the baseline based on his skill set

Last edited:

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score

I couldn't remember what you were referencing so I went back to find it. Happens with 14:48 remaining in the second half and you are very correct. Would have brought the house down.

caw

Reaction Score
I think at least two of his threes were shots where he was passed the ball as the shot clock ran out. Can't blame him for taking those shots.

Reaction Score
He’s bound to make some 3’s eventually because about 28% is what he’s shoots. My biggest concern is what is Hurley designing for when he’s not defended. Maybe clear outs so Andre can drive to the hoop.

caw

Reaction Score

I used to call it the Stanley Robinson spot. RIP Sticks.

Reaction Score
I used to call it the Stanley Robinson spot. RIP Sticks.
He was one of a kind.. Great athlete with crazy hops.. When he was locked in.. He would do some stuff you don't see on the court too often..

Reaction Score
Posting here because I can't decipher what other UConn players make an appearance

Reaction Score
Appreciate your input..Did not know that as a casual fan.. Can see corner postioning....Did not know about short corner vs dunker spot.. When Hawk attacked the rim for a dunk the other night..Assumed that was a "corner" originated move that ended with a dunk.. BTW.. Clingan helped with clearing the lane for the action.

Still think Andre can be an asset to the team working the short corner/dunker spot .. Need him on ball occasionally but his athleticism is wasted if he's not working the baseline based on his skill set
Absolutely. Andre 25 feet from the hoop is basically useless. He should be down low as much as possible, where he can use his ridiculous athleticism and teams are forced to guard him. On rebounds where he pushes the ball 90 feet, he should try to just flush it more instead of passing closely to a teammate who can’t handle the pass. I can think of two of those for sure Saturday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yeiiowing

Top Bottom