Andre Appreciation Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Andre Appreciation Thread

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It also avails him the opportunity to mash it for hoop gods to look favorably upon UConn nation. He needs to start trying to posterize more guys. Sets such a tone. Looks like he’s getting there.
That step through Euro is a play he would not have even attempted earlier in the season. The more confident he gets that he is actually the best option to score on drives most times the better. That should’ve been and 1 was also great to see. It seems like now that he’s actually going to the rim with purpose to score he’s become a much better finisher.

Reaction Score
I notice another subtle change to his shot last night. It looked to me like he dropped the height of the ball at the start of his motion. If he has 4ft of space and lots of time then why not do that if he feels more comfortable doing it. No one will be able to react soon enough to block the shot. If I can be critical of something in his game last night it was the held ball call near the end of the game. Seems that when he gets super pumped he gets cocky which can lead to technicals. He has changed that part of his game for the better as well, but last night he should have just let go of the ball. Nothing to call a technical on, but I just hope he continues to keep his emotions from boiling over.

Reaction Score
I was one of the more vocal posters about Andre when he was struggling and my comments were limited to too many minutes, too little consequence for turnovers.

But I never stopped rooting for him, not once.

Last night Andre looked lIke a Pro out there and albeit a couple needless turnovers, looked like the player of the game for us.

Andre was my player of the game last night. I also like how Hurley came to senses and played Joey C for a bit - even though He didn’t do much, we need him ready for the bigger things ahead.

Reaction Score
AJ makes his own AJ stats. These stats are immeasurable, and have not been developed yet, because no one in history has ever covered a basketball court, non stop, the way he does. The regular stats are just gravy which he really doesn't need to prove his worth. We do not win without him....period. When he is out, there is always a serious threat of a run.
The comments that mention this AJ makes us much better, is really an insult......because no AJ is easily the greatest one individual impact to our success......and I would bet that on a team vote, including coaches.

Reaction Score
Last week Josh Hart on the Knicks dominated a game with just 4 points. (team high plus 30 in 29 minutes) All great teams have those glue guys who do everything beyond scoring. I look forward to AJ being one of those NBA glue guys after he leaves us in 2025, post threepeat.

Reaction Score
If he can get consistency in his 3 pt shots, we all know that he will go down as one of the best Huskies ever!

Reaction Score
I was one of the more vocal posters about Andre when he was struggling and my comments were limited to too many minutes, too little consequence for turnovers.

But I never stopped rooting for him, not once.

Last night Andre looked lIke a Pro out there and albeit a couple needless turnovers, looked like the player of the game for us.

Andre was my player of the game last night. I also like how Hurley came to senses and played Joey C for a bit - even though He didn’t do much, we need him ready for the bigger things ahead.
Joey C defense was good he made some veteran savy plays like selling the charge call, and on the play where Clingan left the paint Joey C got out of the way to avoid a foul but put his hand in the way just enough to get the guys concentration off a little this missing the layup.

Reaction Score
He’s the most important player on the team 5x over. He’s also absolutely lockdown when needed. He had some defensive slumps recently, but he genuinely could match up agains the top wings in the league and be formidable. He’s that good defensively.
When he is focused and locked in and not demoralized (I.e Xavier game in Gampel), absolutely . You could make the case for defensive BEPOY although I would give it to Kalkbrenner

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom