Andra Espinoza-Hunter to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andra Espinoza-Hunter to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
[QUMaya recruiting ost: 1178457, member: 1781"]I thought she was a bit taller than 5'9". Though maybe I'm just being confused by the perspective or other stuff:

BDb3fIcCMAAMdSa.jpg:large
[/QUOTE]
Is maya recruiting for Geno she seems to be in all the pics with future uconn players lol #Uconn@itsbest

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The various rating services have established Andra as a blue chip recruit. These evaluations have been reinforced by her coach, who knows her best. Her skills, while still under development, suggest vast potential. Only one vital question remains:

" Does she have the heart of a champion?"

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm sort of surprised that the amount of posts is not up close to triple digits. When Dangerfield, Collier, and Samuelson verbaled, it got that high. I think it was close to that even with Irwin and Boykin. Perhaps because this one sort of came out of nowhere? Obviously we knew UCONN was looking at her, but not a lot of recruiting buzz.

I think part of it is no one knows how good she's projected to be... a starter, like Collier/Dangerfield/Samuelson? A key reserve off the bench, like Boykin? Or a role player like Irwin? Clearly we all probably hope she's in the first category - a potential starter. Great to have you on board, Andra! But... Another long name, and AEH does not not roll off the tongue like KML!!

Nah, I think she will be an impact player, like Jenkins. :oops: Yeah, that Jenkins.

Reaction Score
Does this hurt y'all's chances at Megan Walker? She seems to be the most impactful player of that class.
I would love to see her in orange but haven't seen UT associated with her much.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It will. Just wait until she starts putting up points at UConn. AEH will sound very sweet.

I can hear the cheer now: AEH HUM! Gets your attention. :) Let me add my new with Kia Nurse recruitment signature reaction: He He He He He! :D

Reaction Score
I was in the Albany Civic Center to watch Breanna's Cicero team beat Ossining [by a lot] in the state tourney. Breanna a senior...Saniya
a junior and Andra a 7th grader. I had heard of the precocious 7th grader but am forced to admit that I only had eyes for Stewie and Saniya.
Breanna had 42/24...in my top 3 high school games ever...Saniya had 21 after a dismal start with her shooting.
Anyone have a link to a recent video of Andra's game???

BTW: that venue is hosting a regional come March...pretty close by for Huskie fans. It is not exactly a charming arena but if UConn is playing there
that is charm enough.

See you there, Blake! There's a pretty good pizza place within walking distance of the front of the arena.

Reaction Score
TO BLAKEON18, the game you speak of was at Hudson Valley Community College in Troy and there is no such place as the Albany Civic Center.
As for Espinoza-Hunter(and no one does not a license to hunt Espinozas) when she left Ossining as an 8th grader she was a good 5'11"
What the rating left out is that the kid is a deadly 3 point shooter. In the big games both years for Ossining the kid shot terribly, in the 2013 State Final Four she ahd at least one 0 for.
She missed everything even layups and free throws, could not have hit water if she was standing in a boat, but in her defense she was a baby at 13 or 14.
Speaking of defense, her one glaring weakness in 8th grade was horrendous defense if one could even call it that.
I would guess that over the past 2 years she has grown physically, mentally and emotionally.
Just hope that when she gets to Uconn Luigi doesn't "Chong" her.[/QUOT
Wild,
The arena is actually called the Times Union Center and is in downtown Albany. Breanna & Saniya played in both the Times Union Center and Hudson Valley C.C..

Reaction Score
Although Breanna & Saniya both played in The Times Union Center they did not play there against each other and not in the same year. The NYS Federation Finals are now held in The Times Union Center and the NYSPHSAA Champion does not play there until the win the NYSPHSAA girls championship that is played every year at Hudson Valley Community College across the Hudson from Albany in Troy, NY, which is where BLAKEON18 must have thought he was in March 2012 when Ossining played its' worst quarter of basketball that season to start the semi final game and subsequently lost to the Stewie lead Cicero-North Syracuse North Stars. EspinozaHunter was a young 7th grader playing the 6th gal roll for Ossining that night.
PS Blake, there is not a good pizza place anywhere in the Capitol District let alone near The Times Union Center, but maybe there is a pretty good pizza place near the mythical Albany Civic Center. Good pizza is hard to find in New York once you get north of Peekskill, with the exception of Utica.

Reaction Score
Does this hurt y'all's chances at Megan Walker? She seems to be the most impactful player of that class.
I would love to see her in orange but haven't seen UT associated with her much.
This will not hurt UConn Chance as Megan Walker is higher rated and better all around player except 3 point shooting

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Wild: I stand corrected....the game I referred to was at HVCC. The arena downtown has changed names sufficiently
that I just call it the Civic Center and leave it at that. Heck...I still refer to the home of the Celtics as the Boston Garden
though I know the name has changed.

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/espinoza-hunter-caps-special-night-with-commitment/#more-14598

Here is Carl's article on our newest Husky...as always an interesting read.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Side note - she attended the Duke game... not sure if we knew that before we got news of her verbal. Were there any other recruits at the game?

Reaction Score
blakeon18, I know where you are coming from, the Albany arena has had like 4 names. I wouldn't know the name of The Hartford Civic Center if it was ever called that to begin with.
As for that arena in Bridgeport, who know the name of that either. Empty lot at Harbor Yard, Arena on the old United Illuminating Slag Heap, whatever. All I know is that location used to be the home to
The Paramount Bar and Grill, "the best damn barroom in town", back in the day. LOL.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
blakeon18, I know where you are coming from, the Albany arena has had like 4 names. I wouldn't know the name of The Hartford Civic Center if it was ever called that to begin with.
As for that arena in Bridgeport, who know the name of that either. Empty lot at Harbor Yard, Arena on the old United Illuminating Slag Heap, whatever. All I know is that location used to be the home to
The Paramount Bar and Grill, "the best damn barroom in town", back in the day. LOL.

"Arena on the old United Illuminating Slag Heap, whatever." Ah, B'port, a**l pore of CT! Great post. B'port is like Queens. Always maligned, never quits fighting. Want them on my side in a brawl! Good one, WildEagle.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I was told she played at Blair with Sadie Edwards. I watched her at the Ossining CTK game Saniya vs Sierra Calhoun. She was almost automatic with her shot. She was 7th or 8th grade and I had been told she wanted to play for UConn back then. No matter what she did in AAU ball this past season shes with the Belles and I believe Mike Flynn and company will help her get better. In any event we have a very good spot up shooter coming in with the right attitude and willing to learn. While we were at the Duke game Coach Ricci from Ossining walked by and said hi, then I watched him walk down and Andrea give him a big hug and big smile. Shes a great kid.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was told she played at Blair with Sadie Edwards. I watched her at the Ossining CTK game Saniya vs Sierra Calhoun. She was almost automatic with her shot. She was 7th or 8th grade and I had been told she wanted to play for UConn back then. No matter what she did in AAU ball this past season shes with the Belles and I believe Mike Flynn and company will help her get better. In any event we have a very good spot up shooter coming in with the right attitude and willing to learn. While we were at the Duke game Coach Ricci from Ossining walked by and said hi, then I watched him walk down and Andrea give him a big hug and big smile. Shes a great kid.
Didn't Andra hit like 11 treys in a game as a 7th grader?

Reaction Score
Wild: I stand corrected....the game I referred to was at HVCC. The arena downtown has changed names sufficiently
that I just call it the Civic Center and leave it at that. Heck...I still refer to the home of the Celtics as the Boston Garden
though I know the name has changed.

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/espinoza-hunter-caps-special-night-with-commitment/#more-14598

Here is Carl's article on our newest Husky...as always an interesting read.

Are you going to the Times Union Center in March, Blake? The arena was originally the Knickerbocker Arena & then became the Pepsi Arena & is now the Times Union Center. Did you go there when Saniya lost to Bishop Ford in 2013? I went there several times when Breanna ran the table & even spoke to her after she beat the NYC team. She's SO nice.

Reaction Score
I snicker when I read that we have the #3 class in 2015. I really don't think there are any players better than Lou or Napheesa. None. And we have De'Janae too. She's a player as well.

I am right with you on that point made 100%

Reaction Score
BS updated their 2017 rankings. She is #4.

Megan Walker is #5 though...I've seen a little bit of Walker. If there are 4 players better than Walker (highly doubt), this may be the best class ever,.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
BS updated their 2017 rankings. She is #4.

Megan Walker is #5 though...I've seen a little bit of Walker. If there are 4 players better than Walker (highly doubt), this may be the best class ever,.

Yeah, something weird going on to have Walker 5th.

As an aside, they've updated all their yearly ratings. They moved Holmes ahead of Cox for #1 in 2016, and moved Dangerfield up to #5. They had previously had her around 16th.

For that 2017 class, they've got Rellah Boothe #2. Guess shy's climbing as a result of her performances so far.

Finally, former UConn target Kelly Jekot has verballed to Villanova.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
And #6 ASGR.
I'm curious how anyone has access to the ASGR rankings. I don't believe it's free - do people on here pay for it? I know a Duke friend of mine does and that's usually where I get UCONN player rankings once they commit...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bret McCormick mentioned Espinoza-Hunter's ranking when tweeting about her verbal, and then some of the Horde passed it along.

Reaction Score
You think you're old, my forced IRA withdrawal is less than a year away. When a soph commits, let alone a senior, I have to wonder if I'll be around to see them or have enough of a mind left to know what I'm watching. But on a brighter note GO HUSKIES and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

PS. I'm sure that picture of her and Geno, and her and Maya will find its way into the NCAA compliance office. unless, of course, those are GA and MM look alikes.

I heard maya was really playing basketball in Russia when that picture was supposedly taken. A wink and a nod to sue and Diana, who 'took maya to an awards show' when she was being recruited and they were in Russia. ;^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom