And Kia Nurse beats the Sky at the buzzer [merged thread] | The Boneyard

And Kia Nurse beats the Sky at the buzzer [merged thread]

Reaction Score
Clutch Nurse! In couple possessions prior, huge mistake by Diamond or the coach forgotten to remind Chicago not to shoot and run down the clock, resulting in Megan Walker made 2 FTs, and brought Phx to within 2 pts. Next, Copper missed field goal attempt and Nurse grabbed the rebound with 4.7s, raced to midcourt and launched the game winner.

BTW, Hartley is still not suited up, anyone knows the timeline for her return?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Clutch Nurse! In couple possessions prior, huge mistake by Diamond or the coach forgotten to remind Chicago not to shoot and run down the clock, resulting in Megan Walker made 2 FTs, and brought Phx to within 2 pts. Next, Copper missed field goal attempt and Nurse grabbed the rebound with 4.7s, raced to midcourt and launched the game winner.

BTW, Hartley is still not suited up, anyone knows the timeline for her return?

Hartley was in street clothes.

On that possession where Diamond took the the quick shot, the on-court scoreboards showed 5 to shoot when Chicago inbounded.

Obviously TV had different info. But in the arena it was 4 to shoot before the review and 5 after.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I was on the lower bowl baseline for that.

Had a perfect view of the ball coming right towards me. Such a sickening feeling seeing it leave her hands perfectly on line.

5 straight home losses in 9 days now for the Sky after starting with two road wins.

The good news is that Stef Dolson and Allie Quigley will play Thursday and Parker will be ready soon, too.

Just in time for the Sky to go on the road...

Anyhow great shot by Nurse who hurt Chicago all night. Her 3s were the difference.

Reaction Score
Lots of runs in that game. Phoenix finished with a 13-4 run to win it, really good time for a shout out to Paige's never say never story.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was on the lower bowl baseline for that.

Had a perfect view of the ball coming right towards me. Such a sickening feeling seeing it leave her hands perfectly on line.

5 straight home losses in 9 days now for the Sky after starting with two road wins.

The good news is that Stef Dolson and Allie Quigley will play Thursday and Parker will be ready soon, too.

Just in time for the Sky to go on the road...

Anyhow great shot by Nurse who hurt Chicago all night. Her 3s were the difference.
Chicago must lead the league in half court shots beating them at the buzzer.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Watched it live. What a great moment for Kia. Time expired as the ball was in the air. The Sky played well enough to win. It took a half-court "prayer" to beat them. Nurse (and her teammates) will remember that one for a while. Any win on the road is nice, but especially one where you snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. If you're the Sky, you just smile and tip your hat to them and walk off the court. :confused:

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
568AA7F7-8F6C-4563-9496-6724FA4E5160.jpeg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I don't think I'll ever get use to ex Uconn and Notre Dame players...hugging it up. lol
Skylar is absolutely gaga over Diana Taurasi and the way she works in the off season. I just saw a quote of the same Type by Devon Booker

Devin Booker Credits Having a Basketball Legend' Right in Your Backyard' For His Success (sportscasting.com)

Being in the locker room and in the weight room with [the Mercury] at the same time, and seeing how Diana just goes about her business and her weights and her routine is something that helped me pick up and develop my game and develop my off-court ability and skills at the same time.

Devin Booker Talks Access to WNBA 'GOAT' Diana Taurasi, Mercury Stars (insider.com)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Kia and Skylar highlights from the game. Anti-Skylar people, time to move on. She’s friends with Kia and Diana and that’s good enough for me.

Yes, it is time to move on.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
2 things to also note from the video. Sloot tried to take the ball to the hoop twice and Griner was in the way. Then Sloot passed to Copper and Nurse guarded Copper to have take a short jump shot vs a lay up. Good "D" and then a miracle shot.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
2 things to also note from the video. Sloot tried to take the ball to the hoop twice and Griner was in the way. Then Sloot passed to Copper and Nurse guarded Copper to have take a short jump shot vs a lay up. Good "D" and then a miracle shot.

Kia also had an important 3pt shot to pull the Mercury to 6.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I notice at times how much "great" defense is being played in some of these games. In these highlights, players with the ball are often stopped cold from driving and doing what they'd like to do because of the defensive effort the player guarding them is giving.

If you want (hope) to play in the W, you have to be willing and able to play defense. Yes, you've got to be able to score, but you also have to be able to STOP somebody sometimes as well. It's very noticeable how some players have improved their game since leaving college. I could name 15-20 right off the bat, but you know who they are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom