And home grown talent is going elsewhere... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

And home grown talent is going elsewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You want to compare physical attributes there? If Mason was 6-3 and could jump, he would have been a first round pick. I'd also venture to say that Jalen is more talented overall than Mason. Mason just played with better players, in a better environment, for a team that runs an offense.
And Mason got a 2yr deal making $1.2M, 1.4M, is playing 20 mins/per and might even become starting PG if they trade Hill. If you offered that to Jalen right now he'd take it before you finished your senten..

Reaction Score
It's a misconception though if you are including all the prep school kids. To my knowledge, most are not CT/New England kids. College Basketball is a business. If you were the parent of a top New England player, would you really want him to go to UConn in its current state?
Point is New England Prep is the best in the country and we aren't getting them, a ton of the kids are from New England.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
You want to compare physical attributes there? If Mason was 6-3 and could jump, he would have been a first round pick. I'd also venture to say that Jalen is more talented overall than Mason. Mason just played with better players, in a better environment, for a team that runs an offense.

He's bigger.

But frankly look at Mason and even Graham's BPMs (even if it's not perfect) compared to adams. (I added Graham becuase he's a pretty solid 2nd round pick right now as the new starting PG at Kansas).

Devonte' Graham College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Jalen Adams College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Frank Mason College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Graham was over 9.0 three years running.

Mason was high 8s two years running and then over 10 as a senior.

Adams is 3.9, 4.1 and 3.6 this year. Adams is bigger. I'm curious how he tests out athletically. And yes, he really needs to improve his shooting. He really needs to come back next year.

Reaction Score
He's bigger.

But frankly look at Mason and even Graham's BPMs (even if it's not perfect) compared to adams. (I added Graham becuase he's a pretty solid 2nd round pick right now as the new starting PG at Kansas).

Devonte' Graham College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Jalen Adams College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Frank Mason College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Graham was over 9.0 three years running.

Mason was high 8s two years running and then over 10 as a senior.

Adams is 3.9, 4.1 and 3.6 this year. Adams is bigger. I'm curious how he tests out athletically. And yes, he really needs to improve his shooting. He really needs to come back next year.

I'm not too familiar with that stat so I'll ask. If this stat is measuring efficiency and the like then Jalen's #'s will be quite lower, right? Mason and Graham are absolutely more efficient players

My point is that Mason and Graham play in a system that utilizes them to their utmost. Jalen is forced to try to do almost everything for us. He's forced to take tough shots because the offense does not allow many open looks. He's forced to try to go 1 on 3 b/c there are two and sometimes three non -threats on the court. This is not to say that Jalen is this diamond. He certainly has to improve in many, many aspects. Shooting, decision making, composure, etc. I just can't help but think that he would be a household name in college basketball if he had better people around him and a system that did not require him to take 17 tough shots a game out of necessity and be the only competent distributor.

By the looks test, Jalen should test out better from an athletic standpoint than the Kansas guys and that alone makes his ceiling significantly higher. The size differential would also factor in pretty heavily.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
The amount Jalen is forced/expected to contribute on a game to game basis is basically equivalent to being the only viable player on a bad high school team.

Reaction Score
I found myself driving from Tucson to El Paso a few years back and noticed New Mexico State had a home game so I pulled over in Las Cruces. NMSU only had a couple of players retired and raised to the rafters and one of them was Super John. How the hell did he end up there? The story I heard later is that Lou Henson agree to take a couple of Williamson's buddies.
And I believe that Maurice Williamson, (cousin, son, brother?) ended up at LSU, about the same time or a bit earlier than Shaq.

Reaction Score
And I believe that Maurice Williamson, (cousin, son, brother?) ended up at LSU, about the same time or a bit earlier than Shaq.
.....not to mention Tom Roy, South Windsor, mid-70s, to Maryland. Lest we forget all the way back to 1959-60, Johnny Egan, Hartford, to PC. So many to mention, yeah, Michael Adams from Hartford to BC. AA., Bob Nash from Hartford Public to, U of Hawaii, in 66.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom