Analysis and Comments - Game 12 - UConn vs Toronto Metropolitan University | The Boneyard

Analysis and Comments - Game 12 - UConn vs Toronto Metropolitan University

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
COMMENTS

I wasn't going to do a game analysis on this one but after learning that this game counts in UConn's record as a win or a loss...I decided to do one but, to have a little different approach. Because I don't anticipate this game being much of a challenge for UConn given that Toronto Metropolitan is not a NCAA team and is probably somewhere between a Division II and a Division III team I thought a novel approach would be fun. In this one, I will provide what information I can find and the conclusions for each match-up will be interactive as anyone who wishes to post on any of the information provided can do so...the collective commentary will serve as the analysis of this game. Let's have some fun in the lead-up to this one.

Toronto will start Corrine Parker 6'1" Forward (24.5 minutes); Haley Fedick 6'2" Forward (25.8 minutes); Jayme Foreman 5'9" Guard (32.0 minutes); Kaille Hall 5'9" Guard (30.8 minutes) and, Catrina Garvey 5'7" Guard (30.7 minutes). Toronto will use Hailey Franco-DeRyek 6'0" F (19.4 minutes to spell Haley Fedick. Jessica Kerpie 5'10 Guard (16.7 minutes) will also see considerable time on the court.

MATCH-UPS

Aaliyah Edwards 6'3" vs Haley Fedick 6'2"
- This season Haley is averaging 5.3 points, 8.9 rebounds, 1.9 assists, and .8 steals in 25.8 minutes of play...over her career, Haley has averaged 10.1 points and 6.5 rebounds per game. Interestingly, last year Haley shot 49.4% (82-166) from the field, and 47.6% (30-63) from three which was 2nd in all of U SPORTS. Please feel free to comment on this match-up.

Paige Bueckers 6'0" vs Corrynn Parker 6'1" -
Corrynn Parker plays about 25 minutes per game she averages 9.6 points, 3.8 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 1.3 steals, 1.3 three-pointers per game. Not too much can be found about Corrynn's stats before coming to Toronto however the following information will provide some reference points: Corrynn joined Toronto after three years with Niagara Prep in the Ontario Scholastic Basketball Association (OSBA)... Before joining Niagara Prep, competed with the powerful program Niagara Girls Basketball Academy (NGBA), where she captured a JUEL Prep gold medal... Spent two summers as a member of the Kia Nurse Elite AAU program... Spent the 2022 summer with Team Ontario. Please feel free to comment on this match-up

Nika Muhl 5'11" vs Jayme Foreman 5'9" -
Jayme is Toronto's most productive player. She in on the floor for 32 minutes per game and is a stat stuffer averaging 16.3 points, 3.0 rebounds, 2.9 assists, 2.5 steals, and 2.3 three-pointers per game. Last year Jayme shot 39.7% (106-267) from the field, 35.3% (60-170) (4th in U SPORTS) from three, and 83.3% 25-30 from the free throw line…Set a career-high 27 points on seven threes on January 28 vs. Western. Before TMU: Jayme played the 2019-20 season at Lincoln Prep where she was named an OSBA Second-Team All-Star... Also played for both Kia Nurse Elite and Team Ontario, where she was named Second-Team All-Star at the 2019 national championship. Please feel free to comment on this match-up

Ashlynn Shade 5'10" vs Kaille Hall 5'9" - Kaille will be on the floor for most of the game as she averages 30.8 minutes per game. Kaille is also somewhat of a stat stuffer as she averages 13.5 points, 3.9 rebounds, 3.9 assists, and 2.4 steals per game. Before TMU: Joined TMU after spending the 2019-20 season playing NCAA Division I basketball at Bowling Green State University where she appeared in 22 games her rookie season... Has both provincial and national team experience, captaining Team Ontario at the U17 level, leading the team to a National Championship where she was named a tournament First-Team All-Star, and playing with the U16 Canadian National Team, earning a silver medal at the U16 FIBA Americas... Played high school basketball at Lincoln Prep where she won back-to-back OSBA gold medals in 2017 and 2018 and captained the team in 2018. Please feel free to comment on this match-up

KK Arnold 5'9" vs Catrina Garver 5'7" -
Catrina also plays a lot of minutes for Toronto as she averages 30.7 minutes per game and she is a solid player able to add stats and contribute to the game. Catrina averages 13.8 points, 2.6 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 1.3 steals, and 1.3 three-pointers per game. Catrina's resume is a bit thin as she is a young player..but, here are a few tidbits from her high school career: Before TMU: Joined the Bold with an impressive basketball resume, including a recent stint at the 2023 BioSteel All-Canadian game where she played among the top high school players in the country... Spent four seasons with the Capital Courts Academy program where she won an Ontario Scholastic Basketball Association (OSBA) championship in 2022... Represented Team Ontario at the 2022 Canada Summer Games, bringing home a bronze medal... Played two years with Ottawa Elite in the JUEL league where she was selected to the All-Star game in 2019. Please feel free to comment on this match-up

BENCH

Toronto brings in 14.8 points, and 17.4 rebounds off the bench while UConn brings 16.4 points and 10.9 rebounds off the bench. Please feel free to comment regarding each team's bench

COACHING

A blank slate here as UConn has a cracker-jack division I basketball coaching staff.

SCORE (As written in the prognostication thread)

UCONN - 103
TORONTO - 45

MOV = 58

YKCornelius

Yukon to my friends
Reaction Score
I am curious as to whether the game will be played with NCAA refs, or with international FIBA refs. I presume it will be played under NCAA rules, but I have no idea if that is the case. Anybody know?

Reaction Score
Coach Carly Clarke knows Aaliyah from her time as a Canadian national team coach. She’s been coaching Aaliyah for years.

This link is a very nice summary of TMU team. If the whole "Bold" team plays up to expectations and then some,
think of all those Butler ladies hitting 87.5 % from three-point land in the first quarter, this could be much closer
than the Prognostication that I submitted: i.e. MOV 55... 95 to 40. Consider that UCONN will not only be on
a foreign court.... they will be in a foreign country!... with a sellout crowd!! ... There I go worrying again... what
else is new! Go Aaliyah! GO UCONN!

Reaction Score
The game will be broadcast on FS2.
Fox Sports 2 at 6pm East Coast time.
Prediction: Ice will score between 16 and 19 points.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wonder if Nika will play given her stomach bug. Aubrey could start instead, but if there was ever a moment to start Qadence this is it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I expect that TTMU will be psyched out of their minds. Sometimes strange things happen in these huge underdog games. I'm a worry wart and I'll get a little freaky if we start slow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom