An unabashedly positive post | Page 2 | The Boneyard

An unabashedly positive post

Reaction Score
I don't like this thread. The Husky's stink this year, Geno's mailing it in. My back itches, I can't reach it, and I'm starting to become a Husky fan in more than just name. My bitching is finished. Can I now just moan?

Why did we have to wait this long for this post? Slap my hand, I put my gum under the desk.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
During preseason I voiced my concerns that having Z might disrupt the terrific high-low chemistry that Gabby and Phesha had last year. Glad to say my fears were unfounded as Z has meshed in perfectly and recently thrown some superb dump downs.

Reaction Score
So glad to see this thread. I've been an avid fan since the 95 title year. In 2003 I became critically ill with West Nile virus- which caused paralysis in my leg. That was the year I spent countless hours on my couch unable to be mobile. The Huskies that year gave me something extremely positive to think about and cheer for. DT led the team to the title at the end of that season in 2004. I will always be grateful for the excitement, the skill, the grace of our players and the product the coaching staff puts in the public eye. They gave me a much needed boost that season. I'm sure there are lots of stories like mine out there, of inspiration when it was needed most. I was told not to expect to walk again. HA Today I am walking. The hard work our team puts in is a great example for anyone facing challenges. I will forever be a Husky fan.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
The bad news: The critics and analysts have a point. The engine that is Uconn's womens basketball team hasn't been firing on all cylinders.
The good news: Geno and CD are the master mechanics and they will make this engine roar.
The other good news: Despite whatever problems we may have had, we're unbeaten thru a really tough schedule. It's only gonna get better thru the rest of the season.
Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
The combination of skill and athleticism is breathtaking. In terms of shooting skill- the 3 perimeter players shooting the ball is outrageous. Not just great but outrageous.

Lou's shooting 3's at 51.35% Her EFG% is 65.58%
Nurse's shooting 3's at 55.77% Her EFG% is 75.26% These numbers are beyond obscene. Beyond.
Danger's shooting 3's at 51.02% Her EFG% is 60.31%

Their combined 3pt% is 52.9%. Are you kidding me?

Their combined efg% is 67.10%. Are you kidding me?

Putting this is in perspective - one of the super great seasons of all time was WIlt Chamberlain 66-67 in which he shot over 68%. Yet Wilt took many shots from dunks or a few feet from the basket. Lou/Nurse/Danger are SHOOTING from 3 what Wilt's best career ever did from a few feet from the basket!! These efg% stats are superior to both Curry and LBJ's best EFG% stats.
------------

Watching AZ today and from what we've seen from Gabby and Collier --- what amazing athleticism. Over the past few years have had many wow moments with Gabby and Collier. Now watching AZ-- damn what an athlete.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom