An Opportunity lye's ahead | The Boneyard

An Opportunity lye's ahead

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
With Azzi out and Caroline not playing today the question is how good are we without them? We have shown a suffocating defense the past couple of games. That wont change. Alot wont change if you take into consideration Azzi didnt play and Caroline didnt see much action the past few games. So I expect Geno to go with a longer bench and whoever has a hot hand. I also expect those replacements to score and be full of energy. Dont expect miracles from them and dont expect doom and gloom. We have a very talented group coming off the bench. We dont know what to expect from them and either do our opponents which is a good thing. The girls coming off the bench only know one thing and that is do what Geno tells you to do or you'll sit. They dont wanna sit so they will do what they are told and thats a good thing.

I will mention this. UConn looked lack lustered against Minny which tells me they already knew about Azzi's ACL. With no Azzi or Caroline today many fans are down not knowing what to expect. Many fans who have waited for the Paige Azzi and Caroline show are sad because it wont happen this year. Well there's a new show we can look forward too. We have one of the most talented rosters in UConn history and they will get their chance this weekend to show what they can to. We have the guards who can make them look better and having point guards like we have is the diamond we need shinel.
We still have Paige and Aaliyah both AA's so we're not in bad shape. Nika and Griff have experience too and they know what they have to do. One thing is for sure we will need outside shooters to open things up in the middle. It will be interesting to see how UCLA plays defense forcing UConn to shoot from the outside. ICE Q and Shade have very good outside shots so I expect to see them show them off. Hey the talent on UConn hasnt changed with the loss of Azzi and Caroline however the players have changed. We will have a very healthy group playing this weekend and they will be playing their hearts out because they will be given a great opportunity to.

We may be lacking in some areas however we are not lacking Heart. I expect some surprises over the next few games. I think we will all be presently surprised as Geno works his magic once again. So lets stop thinking of what might have been and start thinking what the opportunity that that lays ahead.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Aubrey has a chance to be a major star, but college is waning. It's now or never. ... being UConn fans, you've additionally got to be worried about health, sadly.

Ayanna, too, could be a big factor -- if she gets well. She was a top recruit but ... we'll see. My worry about her is her vision. She grew up with a poor eye, so she's adjusted to that fact of her life -- but there is no way it doesn't effect her depth perception.

Reaction Score
Except for the Nc State game, UConn has not been tested defensively. Turns out that Maryland is a weak team and Minnesota, while physical, was not athletic or highly skilled. Today should be a good test of their defensive skills. It will be interesting for sure.

Reaction Score
We are a top ten team without Azzi and Caroline. I wouldn’t expect more than that. We don’t have enough scorers or size. Aubrey and the freshman can help with the scoring problem and Ice and Ayanna can help with our size problem, so there are possible answers. I just don’t expect them to answer against the best of the best teams. WE ARE IN TROUBLE!. Paige and Aaliyah are I think the best at their positions, but they have to be at their best every time out and it’s just too much. I feel bad that this is how their careers have gone. I have severely lowered my expectations and am expecting a loss tonight.

Reaction Score
Aubrey has a chance to be a major star, but college is waning. It's now or never. ... being UConn fans, you've additionally got to be worried about health, sadly.

Ayanna, too, could be a big factor -- if she gets well. She was a top recruit but ... we'll see. My worry about her is her vision. She grew up with a poor eye, so she's adjusted to that fact of her life -- but there is no way it doesn't effect her depth perception.
I think we are screwed again. The freshmen won't all become great over night. Experience is lacking, by definition, at this level. Patterson had what kind of surgery and when? Geno gives no hint that she is close to being " ready," And she was ( let's be honest) a non factor last year. And then we learned that she has severe vision impairment. So what, really, is there to expect? And the p[lan for Aubrey was to monitor her minutes , given her back issues. DeBerry better be a lot better than I think she is. We are screwed, folks. Again.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Things could get a little "caustic"...

1700851644136.png

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
An opportunity for the freshman. Can one or two take advantage?

Nika took advantage of her opportunity as a freshman.

Go UConn!

Reaction Score
Kansas looked ok against VT, who squeaked out a 1 pt win, though in all fairness the Hokies looked quite lackluster. Kitley played well and Aamoore played poorly. I have no idea what's going on with them. I'm not sure Kansas is really competitive against Paige and Co even without Azzi Caroline Jana and Ayanna (I hate writing lists like this). As for UCLA, this will be a significant challenge and I have no idea what to expect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom