An evening with Ray Allen | The Boneyard

An evening with Ray Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Good article. Thanks.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
when jc/db hang em up(hopefully years from now) can you imagine our staff possibilities. KO with ray and glen. wowowowow, how would a recruit ever not be happy with that.

Reaction Score
Slam Magazine did an article on the 1996 draft class and labeled Ray as “most likely to fade in obscurity”

Not so much. Is anyone still playing from the class of 1996?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
when jc/db hang em up(hopefully years from now) can you imagine our staff possibilities. KO with ray and glen. wowowowow, how would a recruit ever not be happy with that.
That would be awesome.

Reaction Score
Slam Magazine did an article on the 1996 draft class and labeled Ray as “most likely to fade in obscurity”

Kobe, Steve Nash, Marcus Camby, Peja and Derek Fisher come to mind. I'm sure there are others. Damn, that class was loaded.

Reaction Score
Personally, I think they should all be Geno's assistants when he takes over the men's program.

Reaction Score
Ray did a nice job, and had a good sense of humor up there. I'm glad someone asked him about the idea of ex-UConn players coming back for a scrimmage type event, and that he seemed open to it.

Reaction Score
Someone asked him what other school he had considered besides UConn and he said it was down to us and UK which was met with boos from the audience...He said he constantly reminded Rondo of his mistake when we made the run last march/april

Reaction Score
Personally, I think they should all be Geno's assistants when he takes over the men's program.

Geno already said he`d never take the mens job at uconn. i believe he said the only way he`d leave to coach a mens team is if duke came calling after coach k is done.

Reaction Score
"Slam Magazine did an article on the 1996 draft class and labeled Ray as “most likely to fade in obscurity”

LMFAO!!! i guess they confused ray with joe smith.

Reaction Score
A few years ago the Courant did a more personal in depth article on Ray, would love to see that again.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Geno already said he`d never take the mens job at uconn. i believe he said the only way he`d leave to coach a mens team is if duke came calling after coach k is done.

I'm quite certain 9904 was joking, playing on that oft discussed (but never really seriously considered) message board notion. Geno was joking about dook too, imo.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I remember Francesa saying that Grant Hill was so much better than Ray that "it's not even close."

Reaction Score
Francessa is wrong quite a bit, but he doesn't seem to notice. No focus on hoop until just before the tourney and then he's an expert. Like last year when he said he didn't expect much out of UCONN.

Reaction Score
I remember Francesa saying that Grant Hill was so much better than Ray that "it's not even close."

well to be fair before the injuries grant hill was on his way to being a league mvp and eventually a hof career. look at his stats his first 5 seasons they were lebron`ish type numbers. imo if gh stays healthy he wouldve been a better player than ray but thats not how it turned out.

Reaction Score
Francessa is wrong quite a bit, but he doesn't seem to notice. No focus on hoop until just before the tourney and then he's an expert. Like last year when he said he didn't expect much out of UCONN.

fatcessa isnt really fat hes just full of hot air. i can tolerate him it was that other idiot the maddog who i just couldnt stomach. anyway fatcessa knows about as much college hoops as the average fan does and thats about it. i dont put any stock in what he says especially after he made a comment about uconn no longer being an elite mens bb program the minute jc retires.
im not phsycic but i believe uconn will still be an elite program long after jc because jc always made sure the name he was selling to kids was uconn not calhoun unlike some other coaches (calipari) jc is all about the school and the kids.

Reaction Score
well to be fair before the injuries grant hill was on his way to being a league mvp and eventually a hof career. look at his stats his first 5 seasons they were lebron`ish type numbers. imo if gh stays healthy he wouldve been a better player than ray but thats not how it turned out.
Don't agree, but Ray did the preparation needed to maintain his body, maybe Hill did not, he always looked fragile.

Reaction Score
You obviously dont know grant hills training habits so for you to question that is rediculous. you obviously have no idea what your talking about because you said "maybe hill did not". please explain to me how grant hill "always looked fragile". this is an utterly rediculous statement and borderline stupid.
Hill played four years with the Duke Blue Devils, winning national titles in 1991 and 1992. Duke became the first Division I program to win consecutive titles since UCLA in 1973. Despite losing two of the biggest contributors on the Blue Devils, Christian Laettner (in 1992) and Bobby Hurley (who went on to play in the NBA), Hill led Duke to the championship game once again in 1994, but ended up losing to the Arkansas Razorbacks. Hill won the Henry Iba Corinthian Award as the nation's top defensive player in 1993, and in 1994 he was the ACC Player Of the Year. During his collegiate career, Hill became the first player in ACC history to collect more than 1,900 points, 700 rebounds, 400 assists, 200 steals, and 100 blocked shots
His first major injury happened in 2000. Before that ankle injury, he showed a promising career as one of the best all-around players in NBA. In his first six seasons in NBA, Grant Hill had a total of 9,393 points, 3,417 rebounds and 2,720 assists. Oscar Robertson, Larry Bird, and LeBron James are the only three players in league history to achieved these numbers after their first six seasons.
From that year upward, Grant Hill suffered from series of injuries and surgeries. His injuries including knee, ankle, infection, and hernia. Only in 2008-2009 season with Phoenix Suns that he managed to appeared in all 82 games for the first time in his career and averaged 12.0 ppg, 4.90 rpg, and 2.3 apg
Im as big a ray allen fan as anyone but lets be realistic. grant hill was a better all round player than ray before the injuries and anyone that knows anything about basketball would agree. that being said ray is a first ballot hall of fame player who is the greatest three point shooter in the history of the nba so i think he turned out alright.

Reaction Score
injuries are a part of it, both are different types of players, Ray is obviously first ballot HOF. I think Grant Hill will get in there are guys who are already in the HOF who have accomplished less then him. Still a 7 time allstar, he is still playing at a very high level close to age 40. Basketball and Hockey HOF are easist to get into out of the 4 major sports, football and baseball are the hardest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom