An evening with Ray Allen | Page 2 | The Boneyard

An evening with Ray Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
coulda woulda shoulda... happens, and ray was a great all around player, he became the greatest shooter over time because he had to

Reaction Score
"Slam Magazine did an article on the 1996 draft class and labeled Ray as “most likely to fade in obscurity”

LMFAO!!! i guess they confused ray with joe smith.

Joe Smith, the one from Maryland right? He must have done something right, if he stayed in the NBA for 15-17 seasons and played for a lot of NBA franchises or are you in that Kevin Ollie crowd, where he wasn't any good?

I'm not trying to start stuff :)

Reaction Score
Don't agree, but Ray did the preparation needed to maintain his body, maybe Hill did not, he always looked fragile.

Grant Hill played a playoff series on what was essentially a broken ankle, then had surgeries to fix it that did not heal properly, it had nothing to do with him not taking care of his body or being "fragile".

Reaction Score
Grant Hill played a playoff series on what was essentially a broken ankle, then had surgeries to fix it that did not heal properly, it had nothing to do with him not taking care of his body or being "fragile".
Maybe he couldn't do anything with the thin gangly build he had and Sure he was unfortunate with the ankle, but to me he always looked fragile. I think of him as a "graceful" player with nice skills, not an all time great. Injuries prevent players from all time greatness. Better than Ray? No, he also had Duke's hype machine (ESPN) going for him much more so than Ray did (his mother and father had more air time than Ray) as pointed out by Dickie V.

Reaction Score
Joe Smith, the one from Maryland right? He must have done something right, if he stayed in the NBA for 15-17 seasons and played for a lot of NBA franchises or are you in that Kevin Ollie crowd, where he wasn't any good?

I'm not trying to start stuff :)

joe smith was the #1 pick in the nba draft who averaged 10 points and 6 rebounds in his career and never made an impact in the league and just "faded into obscurity" like what was said about ray allen. i think joe is a perfect example of that line. dont start none wont be none :p

Reaction Score
Maybe he couldn't do anything with the thin gangly build he had and Sure he was unfortunate with the ankle, but to me he always looked fragile. I think of him as a "graceful" player with nice skills, not an all time great. Injuries prevent players from all time greatness. Better than Ray? No, he also had Duke's hype machine (ESPN) going for him much more so than Ray did (his mother and father had more air time than Ray) as pointed out by Dickie V.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger