An educated guess re "Stewies" sub-par performance at OR. | The Boneyard

An educated guess re "Stewies" sub-par performance at OR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
I have no inside information -- just good eyesight.

Breanna had some really hard falls on the floor at Maples. (Often assisted by Chiney)

There were 3 or 4 times when I was surprised that Bre got up as quickly as she did. My guess is she had some very sore body parts two days later -- hips, coccyx, elbows, knees, wrists -- who knows where? She doesn't have much padding on her bones.

Remember how limited Maya's play was for a few games after she was hauled down by Epiphany Prince?

Neither Maya nor any of the UConn coaches or medical staff ever admitted that Maya was hurt; but she had, in fact, a serious tail bone bruise, and some soft tissue bruising as well.

I hope that Bre is healing quickly -- if, and wherever, she might be sore.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think it'sbecause she's used to playing about 20 games ina three month long high school season and now she's played 14 (including exhibitions) in 2 months while being pushed, shoved and held by opponents. She's a freshman and she's playing opponents that are stronger and more experienced. She's also adjusting to college and all that entails. It's very common for freshmen to experience inconsistencies before they hit a wall in January of their freshman years.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
I think it'sbecause she's used to playing about 20 games ina three month long high school season and now she's played 14 (including exhibitions) in 2 months while being pushed, shoved and held by opponents. She's a freshman and she's playing opponents that are stronger and more experienced. She's also adjusting to college and all that entails. It's very common for freshmen to experience inconsistencies before they hit a wall in January of their freshman years.

Well spoken, Nan; and I agree with everything you have said.

If you add the "freshman wall" to the equation, the beating that Bre took at Stanford may have just knocked some of the stuffing out of her.

Here's hoping she gets some good rest and renewed energy before the Irish invaders get to Storrs.

Reaction Score
I agree Nan and with the amount of padding that Nike provides{compression shorts and tops with stitched in padding} them with I doubt a physical Stanford game had any effect on Stewie in the Oregon game. She had a bad game and trust me she will have some more.

Reaction Score
I have no inside information -- just good eyesight.
Breanna had some really hard falls on the floor at Maples. (Often assisted by Chiney)

She seems to hit the deck quite often even in less competitive games. Starting to remind me of Tiff.

Reaction Score
I agree Nan and with the amount of padding that Nike provides{compression shorts and tops with stitched in padding} them with I doubt a physical Stanford game had any effect on Stewie in the Oregon game. She had a bad game and trust me she will have some more.

So you doubt it had any effect 'cause of the padding. Didn't see any padding around her neck.
You do understand the difference between armor and padding?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I didn't see the game, but wonder if she may have had a touch of a cold or the flu. Also, it seemed that she was called for a foul shortly after she entered the game on multiple occasions. Thus, she may have had trouble getting into the flow. I look for Bre to play better soon. If she is beat up or under the weather, it may take a week or two.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I didn't see the game, but wonder if she may have had a touch of a cold or the flu. Also, it seemed that she was called for a foul shortly after she entered the game on multiple occasions. Thus, she may have had trouble getting into the flow. I look for Bre to play better soon. If she is beat up or under the weather, it may take a week or two.
I agree the foul situation may well have played into it (along with maybe being banged up a bit from Sat, or having a touch of flu?? guessing there). Didn't seem like she could ever get into the flow, even though she tried. Eh some days are like that. Not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom