Which would you rather watch

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Consider a squeaker to be a game where the issue is in doubt but UConn is in control.
A nail biter a game where the lead changes often or UConn trails late in the game only to pull it out at the last minute.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Squeakers are the most fun to watch live. Nailbiters are exhuasting. But I'd consider the Stanford game a squeaker, and it was an absolute blast. Same with the BET final against ND last year.

The problem is that there aren't a ton of teams who can reliably give UConn a squeaker, especially at home. Additionally, you have to balance season-long strategy issues like not exhausting your team heading into tourney time, using real games as an opportunity to try certain things/tinker with personnel/etc., mitigating risk of injury, etc. And then there's the question of financial impact of how many home-and-homes you agree to.

I guess what I'm saying is that everyone would probably love a slate of 18 squeakers, but it's unclear how many such games it is realistic and desirable (from the team's standpoint, not the fan's) to schedule.

Reaction Score
During the Baylor game last season, I said (while we were behind) win or lose, I'd take this atmosphere over a blowout any time. I miss the great games with Tenn when you really didnt know going in who would win. The games where Boo kept bailing them out and DT hit those huge shots for the UC wins were some of the most exciting games I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
Yep. We all know that UConn fans are real fans, and those are the kind of people who appreciate a real game. Give me a squeaker any day.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
There is one blowout that I can get excited about. Every now and then UConn will blow out a good team in a game that was predicted to be a close contest. Watching UConn shut down and score at will against quality competition is as much fun as a squeaker.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yes, I did enjoy watching UConn making Duke look like Farleigh-Dickinson last year. Didn't feel cheated at all for going to that game. :)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There is one blowout that I can get excited about. Every now and then UConn will blow out a good team in a game that was predicted to be a close contest.
Or a team that needs to be blown out, you know, on general principle. Rivals, trash-talkers...

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Yes, I did enjoy watching UConn making Duke look like Farleigh-Dickinson last year. Didn't feel cheated at all for going to that game. :)

I was at the Duke game. It was most enjoyable and money well spent. We had not been to a real exciting game at Gampel since UNC a couple of years ago. I had my wife primed for a nailbiter telling her just how good and dangerous Duke was going in. While we did have a good time I had to take a little "I thought you said . . . " crap on the way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom