Amusing Conspiracy Theory | The Boneyard

Amusing Conspiracy Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A co-worker of mine, who is also a die-hard UConn Football fan, speculated this morning that the game was pushed back to Saturday because Pasqualoni "needed just a little bit more time" to choose a starting QB, and the National Guard situation is just a red herring.

Made me chuckle and kinda lightened my mood about the uncertainty over this weekend. Figured I'd share and maybe somebody else would find it funny.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes, I'm sure P called up the governor and told him to station the National Guard there so he'd have more time to work on the QB situation. Maybe CL&P is in on it, too, leaving all those people in the dark so there's a need for the National Guard.

:rolleyes:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i heard that saturday morning the rent will lose power delaying the game to sunday at 3pm.

Reaction Score
Another silly conspiracy theory could be that Malloy is Boston College graduate. :confused:

With the information at hand, I think it's quite reasonable to conclude that somebody told Malloy that the Guard was stationed at Rentschler and it would interfere with the game, and the guy didn't think twice about nixing the game, and the impact it would have. On the surface, completely understandable.

What's apparent to me, though, after reading the size of the operation, and getting more information, is that it jsut doesnt' seem to be that buzz word - proportional response.

If the size and the impact of the operation is of such a scale that it's warranted, then I've got no problems with the decision. As noted on another discussion, when I first got the news, I assumed that the majority of the CT Army National Guard and the Air wing were assembled centrally in the state at Rentschler at the intersectin of the two major highways crossing the state, with direct access to I-95, and conducting a variety of operations. We're talking about a collection of anywhere between 1,000 and 5,000 men.

But 100 soldiers doing supply offloading and loading and distribution of water and prepped food - and that's it?

That operation could easily have been moved for the game. There better be a whole lot of trucks moving in and out of Rentschler, otherwise the governor made a very big mistake, I think, that's going to cost the university a lot of money if the game doesn't get rescheduled very quickly at Rentschler.

It's got nothing to do with ignoring the needs of the people most affected by the Hurricane, it's about being an efficient leader, and creating an efficient, proportional response to problems around you.

Malloy - well - he's a BC graduate. :)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
exit16...where did you find your avatar? Pic is hillarious

i saw it once in a random post on scout like a year ago, thought it was funny and saved it. when we came here i changed my user from wnec to exit 16 so i figured i should start over with a fresh avatar as well.

Reaction Score
Another silly conspiracy theory could be that Malloy is Boston College graduate. :confused:

With the information at hand, I think it's quite reasonable to conclude that somebody told Malloy that the Guard was stationed at Rentschler and it would interfere with the game, and the guy didn't think twice about nixing the game, and the impact it would have. On the surface, completely understandable.

What's apparent to me, though, after reading the size of the operation, and getting more information, is that it jsut doesnt' seem to be that buzz word - proportional response.

If the size and the impact of the operation is of such a scale that it's warranted, then I've got no problems with the decision. As noted on another discussion, when I first got the news, I assumed that the majority of the CT Army National Guard and the Air wing were assembled centrally in the state at Rentschler at the intersectin of the two major highways crossing the state, with direct access to I-95, and conducting a variety of operations. We're talking about a collection of anywhere between 1,000 and 5,000 men.

But 100 soldiers doing supply offloading and loading and distribution of water and prepped food - and that's it?

That operation could easily have been moved for the game. There better be a whole lot of trucks moving in and out of Rentschler, otherwise the governor made a very big mistake, I think, that's going to cost the university a lot of money if the game doesn't get rescheduled very quickly at Rentschler.

It's got nothing to do with ignoring the needs of the people most affected by the Hurricane, it's about being an efficient leader, and creating an efficient, proportional response to problems around you.

Malloy - well - he's a BC graduate. :)

You are taking this thread too seriously, I suspect. ;)

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that response was tongue in cheek, though long diatribes repeating positions argued to death in other threads usually aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom