Amore: TV Picture Appears Cloudy For Michigan Game | The Boneyard

Amore: TV Picture Appears Cloudy For Michigan Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Holy *, what duck*ing year is this? Just offer the game up on your website via stream, problem solved. I swear once the baby boomer generation fades out the world will run infinitely smoother.
didnt someone say they would be streaming the game on periscope?

Reaction Score
I actually emailed AXS about streaming. Below is the response from Michelle Dix (mdix@axs.tv):

Dear Tim,

Thank you for your interest in AXS and this upcoming game - as of now, we presently do not have the ability to offer as a stream.

I have copied our head of sports, Darrell Ewalt, on this note to ensure this is still the case.

Best,

M. Dix

Michelle cc'd Darrell Ewalt (dewalt@axs.tv) and he responded soon after:

Tim,

Thank you for your interest in AXS TV's Battle 4 Atlantis - Yes, Michele is correct due to our distribution agreements we are unable to stream any of our programming. AXS TV is available on DirecTV (most sports bars have DirectTV) Channel 340. I hope this is an option for you.

Regards,

Darrell

This all happened on 11/18/15. All this sorta annoys me. The context is available. There are people willing to pay. Instead we are strong armed into having dishes and wires run all over our house. These companies need to get with it. Hopefully this type of service won't be around too much longer. I want to pay for what I want. Totally itemized content. If they do it right, they will make more money. Look at those smart phone video games...those companies are making a fortune. They advertise during the Superbowl!

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Holy *, what duck*ing year is this? Just offer the game up on your website via stream, problem solved. I swear once the baby boomer generation fades out the world will run infinitely smoother.
I don't think it has to do with technical competence as much as contracts. I know AXS has the ability to stream because I have streamed their Jazz Fest broadcasts.

And as for Comcast, they are obviously tone-deaf and imperious. They simply don't care because they don't have to. That, too, will change as more and more people cut the cord.

Reaction Score
I don't have Comcast here in MA, but according to the AXS tv website, they have it on Comcast here. Unfortunate for the CT Comcast customers.

Reaction Score
didnt someone say they would be streaming the game on periscope?
Download the app periscope
  • Tap the People Tab to find a list of suggested users to follow. Note: The People Tab helps you find interesting people to follow by listing ‘Featured People,’ people you are ‘Following on Twitter’ and ‘Trending’ recent broadcasts. Periscope doesn't import any of your Twitter followers or those you are following.
  • You can search for specific people by:
    • Tapping the People Tab.
    • Tapping the magnifying glass icon on the top left on iOS and bottom right on Android.
    • Entering their name(s) in the search bar. My name would be john_outwar.
  • To follow anyone, just tap the "+" icon!
  • When it's near tip off you should get an alert on your phone when I start broadcasting (if you have alerts on for periscope) I will also try to post the direct link on the forums like someone else did but it's tricky and I haven't yet done it so don't rely on it.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Download the app periscope
  • Tap the People Tab to find a list of suggested users to follow. Note: The People Tab helps you find interesting people to follow by listing ‘Featured People,’ people you are ‘Following on Twitter’ and ‘Trending’ recent broadcasts. Periscope doesn't import any of your Twitter followers or those you are following.
  • You can search for specific people by:
    • Tapping the People Tab.
    • Tapping the magnifying glass icon on the top left on iOS and bottom right on Android.
    • Entering their name(s) in the search bar. My name would be john_outwar.
  • To follow anyone, just tap the "+" icon!
  • When it's near tip off you should get an alert on your phone when I start broadcasting (if you have alerts on for periscope) I will also try to post the direct link on the forums like someone else did but it's tricky and I haven't yet done it so don't rely on it.

Okay, this baby boomer has a question. Is it true that you can only use periscope as an app on an iphone/ipad or an android phone or tablet? I would like to stream it to my pc, but it seems that this is no longer possible per the website.

Reaction Score
Why bother with axs in the first place
Mark Cuban owns the channel and wanted to use this as a launch point and reason for people to know about it. So, he's not making anything available locally, but trying force two big name schools to watch on his network.

Reaction Score
Mark Cuban owns the channel and wanted to use this as a launch point and reason for people to know about it. So, he's not making anything available locally, but trying force two big name schools to watch on his network.

The tournament has been partially shown on AXS/HDnet since it began like 5 years ago. You're making it sound like this game is AXS's appearance on the scene or something.

Reaction Score
Okay, this baby boomer has a question. Is it true that you can only use periscope as an app on an iphone/ipad or an android phone or tablet? I would like to stream it to my pc, but it seems that this is no longer possible per the website.

I don't see the app available for iPad. Only iPhone. Could be wrong?? Hope so.

Reaction Score
I don't see the app available for iPad. Only iPhone. Could be wrong?? Hope so.

I think it is currently only available in an iPhone-tailored version, but that doesn't mean you can't download and use it on your iPad. It just won't fill the dimensions perfectly.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I downloaded the Periscope app on my iPhone, followed @john_outwar and allowed push notifications so I will be notified when he's periscoping and I can watch automatically. I can pull it up on my flat screen and over my AVR via AirPlay to my AppleTV.

Of course what all this means is that Comcast will add the broadcast between now and then.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
All the old timers quoting Socrates can stuff it. The fact of the matter is that when it comes to the context of this discussion, being "digital content distribution", the "baby boomer" generation time after time has failed. It literally took the rise of Netflix turning into a corporate behemoth and a massive financial success for traditional, cable-based content providers, to finally say "hey, maybe we should change our product model", and lo and behold now things like WatchESPN, HBOGo, WatchTNT, Hulu, are popping up everyday while Comcast and TimeWarner wonder why people don't want their overpriced, bloated cable packages that they only were able to introduce back in ye olden time due to monopolies.

The old generation's way of thinking regarding this issue is simply outdated and wrong. For years these providers were stubborn and refused to release digital content online, even for prospective paying customers, for the unbased fears of piracy and monopoly on the marketplace (thinking they simply didn't "need" to do anything). Now technology has advanced and so have the users, and they are still sitting in their offices pondering why their share prices and profit margins are plummeting and why their customers refuse to pay for their obsolete products.

Reaction Score
All the old timers quoting Socrates can stuff it. The fact of the matter is that when it comes to the context of this discussion, being "digital content distribution", the "baby boomer" generation time after time has failed. It literally took the rise of Netflix turning into a corporate behemoth and a massive financial success for traditional, cable-based content providers, to finally say "hey, maybe we should change our product model", and lo and behold now things like WatchESPN, HBOGo, WatchTNT, Hulu, are popping up everyday while Comcast and TimeWarner wonder why people don't want their overpriced, bloated cable packages that they only were able to introduce back in ye olden time due to monopolies.

The old generation's way of thinking regarding this issue is simply outdated and wrong. For years these providers were stubborn and refused to release digital content online, even for prospective paying customers, for the unbased fears of piracy and monopoly on the marketplace (thinking they simply didn't "need" to do anything). Now technology has advanced and so have the users, and they are still sitting in their offices pondering why their share prices and profit margins are plummeting and why their customers refuse to pay for their obsolete products.

err the Socrates quote (one that I have posted to this site before, and refer to fairly frequently) is supporting your position....

Curiouser
Reaction Score
@BUHusky10 , no one is saying you're wrong. Just that nothing you're saying is new. It's always been the case that the younger generation wishes the old fogies would adapt to the newest technology sooner than they do. The market tends to take care of that once the majority of the people paying for the services demand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom