Amore: TV Picture Appears Cloudy For Michigan Game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Amore: TV Picture Appears Cloudy For Michigan Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
LOL - . What countries are you referencing? European countries? Please. The NAF study, amirite? Might want to rethink that.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspi...ed-internet-the-grass-isnt-greener-in-europe/

Yes, at times figuring out ways to do business in this ever changing world is a clusterF. Things are shaking out and the best ideas will win out. But things are already way more competitive than they were and its a good thing. Even a behemoth like Comcast has changed. I do business with them in the home and business environments (as well as ATT, Verizon, and Frontier) Comcast has come a long way in the last 5 years in Customer service and service changes (see: X1 platform).

The market IS adapting. You said so yourself in your earlier post, by saying Netflix forced everyone into it. You just have an "I want it now, daddy" attitude. Your handle should be Veruca Salt.

Actually, according to the Akamai ratings, the US is currently 13th globally old man, maybe do us a favor and take a day off and let younger. I'm clearer minds prevail.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Internet_connection_speeds

Reaction Score
Just spoke with the manager at Bobby V's over by Bradley and they WILL have the game! Not too far from the WeHa/Hartford area. Got tons of tvs and solid food. Should be a fun time.
This might be where I'm heading.

Reaction Score

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
All the old timers quoting Socrates can stuff it. The fact of the matter is that when it comes to the context of this discussion, being "digital content distribution", the "baby boomer" generation time after time has failed..

We spend all our time figuring out how to piss you off.

Reaction Score
Aside from your blatant attempt to frame my argument as invalid due to my age, you fail to mention that other countries outside of the USA have had this infrastructure you are referring to for almost a decade before it was introduced here. The US is barely top 10 in terms of average Internet speeds and bandwidth. This is not an issue of technological limitations, it's an issue of a market that refuses to adapt simply because up until recently they had no financial incentive to do so, and now they are losing market share.

But I wouldn't expect an old man like yourself to understand these difficult concepts. You were probably being spoon fed yams by your grandson when Netflix was first introduced!

You must really hate Netflix since it was started by baby boomers. They are really holding back the online streaming world.

Oh wait the baby boomers were pretty much the pioneers that brought online streaming to the masses.

My head hurts now. This is quite the conundrum. Are baby boomers the one holding us back or did they show us the light of day.

Reaction Score
Having five kids, all of them pretty well versed with technology, my feeling is that the
predominant reason, not the only reason, kids are much better with technology than older people,
is that they simply have a lot more time on their hands. A real lot more. I am out there every day slugging it out so that
they can play with their Apple products and all the attending apps. I am good with technology, not an all-star by
any means, but I am basically only interested in technology 1) that makes me more efficient 2) that I know I will enjoy.
So I will devote my efforts there due to time constraints. If had the free time they had I would be doing a whole lot more.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I downloaded the Periscope app on my iPhone, followed @john_outwar and allowed push notifications so I will be notified when he's periscoping and I can watch automatically. I can pull it up on my flat screen and over my AVR via AirPlay to my AppleTV.

Of course what all this means is that Comcast will add the broadcast between now and then.
Thought I was going crazy, hearing a birdie chirp around me in the office.

Then I figured out it was the Periscope app, telling me that UCONN (i.e., @john_outwar) is live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom