Amida Brimah | The Boneyard

Amida Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A lot of people seem to think he won't contribute much until his junior year, but I follow all the new guys on twitter and it seems like he's been working really hard. He's always either playing in the gym with Facey and Samuel or doing weight/strength training. He is 6'11" with a 7'6" wingspan, so if his work ethic is what it seems he might end up being something special.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think he'll be a contributor much sooner than expected. I'll stay he contributes something as a freshman, but is a solid contributor, especially on D, as a soph.

If I'm wrong, I'll delete this from the archives when no one is looking.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I think he'll be a contributor much sooner than expected. I'll stay he contributes something as a freshman, but is a solid contributor, especially on D, as a soph.

So that's how you have such a huge "like" to "post" ratio. Looks like you must've deleted several thousand of your own posts.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
People just appreciate my hand-crafted artisan posts.

Each one is suitable for framing.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
go back to old AB threads and you'll see iv said he will be our best big next year.

Reaction Score
People just appreciate my hand-crafted artisan posts.

Each one is suitable for framing.

Just keep in mind, if you die and don't leave behind the secret behind your hand-crafted posts, nobody will be able to replace them when they start falling apart.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sometimes, I slap something together and I'm just about to hit Post....

And then I hear a soft Italian voice in my mind saying, "Notta so fassst.....datta post a sucks... you a do a better, jackazz."

For Enzo. Always, for Enzo.

Reaction Score

And then I hear a soft Italian voice in my mind saying, "Notta so fassst.....datta post a sucks... you a do a better, jackazz."

There's an old Italian saying: "You duck* up once, you lose two teeth"

Reaction Score
A lot of people seem to think he won't contribute much until his junior year, but I follow all the new guys on twitter and it seems like he's been working really hard. He's always either playing in the gym with Facey and Samuel or doing weight/strength training. He is 6'11" with a 7'6" wingspan, so if his work ethic is what it seems he might end up being something special.
I agree. I want Facey as a 4, not a 5. Brimah is a 5.

Reaction Score
DD will be the 4 this season. Face will likely be the 5.

But next year, if AB can get there....i hope you're right.

Reaction Score
I'm amazed that people believe Facey will be the 5....he is listed at 6'7-6'8 best so more than likely based on that he is probably 6'6 1/2" or pushing 6'7....he's not guarding any 6'10 big guys for sure as of yet......

Is there a chance they play with a team like Bazz, Boat, DD, Niels and Facey at some point for a few minutes against a certain opponents line up? Yeah maybe but if he's our 5 all year then Wolf didn't come back, Phil is injured and Tyler went out to pursue his career in rap!!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I can't wait for October when Phil 2.0 shocks the crap out of the yard. Phil will go down as one of our most improved players over his time in Husky Blue. I feel it in bones.

Reaction Score
I'm amazed that people believe Facey will be the 5....he is listed at 6'7-6'8 best so more than likely based on that he is probably 6'6 1/2" or pushing 6'7....he's not guarding any 6'10 big guys for sure as of yet......

Is there a chance they play with a team like Bazz, Boat, DD, Niels and Facey at some point for a few minutes against a certain opponents line up? Yeah maybe but if he's our 5 all year then Wolf didn't come back, Phil is injured and Tyler went out to pursue his career in rap!!
He looked pretty long in the televised games I watched him in. I still think he's a legit 6'8" minimum. Long arms, good timing, quick jumper. He's be no worse than TO in the middle, but I'd prefer that extra height and length Brimah brings (even Wolfie made a big difference there).

Reaction Score

meh, I just post it. F Enzo.

Reaction Score

I've seen a stat of his measurement without shoes at 6'7.5" and a 7'1" wingspan, but it is possible he has grown since that time. Most players are listed with shoes, so he is probably the exact same height as nolan. However, being around 200 lbs is not going to be enough for a 5 and is tough for a 4. If he can get up to 210-220 range by the start of the season, than that is definitely big enough to play the college 4 and against a lot of college 5s.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I can't wait for October when Phil 2.0 shocks the crap out of the yard. Phil will go down as one of our most improved players over his time in Husky Blue. I feel it in bones.

It's not a stretch to believe he can progress similar to Hilton.

Reaction Score
My opinion...
I have seen Facey play quite a few times now, and he will be a special player. He looks to me like about 6'9", but i could be wrong. Nolan, Olander, and Facey are all very close in height...one of them will have to play the 5 (assuming Brimah isnt ready yet). Facey has LONG arms, and a high-arcing shot, that will clear taller defenders.
The reason i see Facey as the 5 is that 1-2-3-4 are all locked up, and the 4 guys above will fight for minutes at the 5, and backup 4. He is a hard worker, and i can see him hitting the weight room hard, and gaining what he needs to bang down low.
Who knows...im just guessing like everyone else at this point. But i just have a feeling about Facey.

Reaction Score

I was able to dig this up in my archives.

"Emeka will be long forgotten when the Era of Mandeldove begins. Slap some lipstick and put some pig tails on me for the next 20 years if I'm wrong." ~ Fishy

Reaction Score
From an academic standpoint, Mandeldove made us forget about Emeka...

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I really hope the Wolf comes back, but if he chooses not to, one silver lining is that Brimah will get more playing time that will speed up his development.

Reaction Score
Translation to all of this: we are screwed on the boards again this year.

Reaction Score
It is not going to be our strong point (understatement)- but Nolan showed promise when he started getting more minutes, DD really improved the last 5 games on the boards and we will have Facey who is better then AB (not as raw). That will be a vast improvement over last year when TO and Wolf were our only real options.

At least we can rotate 3-4 guys in at the 4-5 spots. When TO is your best option at the 5 you are in real trouble. That should not be the case next year.

Reaction Score

You have never been wrong !! ever !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET