Amida Brimah | The Boneyard

Amida Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Amida Brimah (Monsignor Pace, 2013) is a nightmare for any and every opposing offense. He has a real presence in the paint that has to be accounted for by any player looking to drive in to the lane to score. Amida has terrific anticipation and had to average 6-8 blocks a game this summer. That is a guess, but I can't be too far off. He times it well, doesn't have any issues with foul trouble and when he doesn't get the block, he changes the shot anyway. He's a strong finisher inside with good hands. Gets off the floor quickly with a solid leaping ability. He's a good rebounder who plays every possession with intensity. Runs the floor hard and will make an impact. Of all the players we saw this summer, he improved the most and the schools that were on him at the beginning of the summer are in for a troublesome fall against the high major schools recruiting him now

Reaction Score
Amida Brimah is another member of the Each 1 Teach 1 South frontcourt, although he and Kande did not play much together. A 6’11 center from Monsignor Pace (FL), Brimah seems to have really improved on the offensive end. The 2013 prospect actually opened the game with 10 points in the first quarter and showed really nice finishing ability down low. Brimah also runs the floor well and is a superb shot blocker with good timing.

Reaction Score
Prospect Profile: Amida Brimah

6'10 rising senior Amida Brimah is one of Florida's prospects that improved his stock the most in the month of July. While playing with the Florida Mustangs and Each 1 Teach 1 South, Brimah showed an improved offensive skill set and increased effort at both ends of the floor. His performance has drawn the eyes of college coaches at the highest level.
"I am hearing from Miami, Providence, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Southern Mississippi, LaSalle, FIU, Mississippi State, Minnesota, Georgetown, VCU and Old Dominion," said Brimah who is beginning to plan visits in the upcoming months.
With a long list of suitors, the senior has a few important college chareristics he is search of when is comes to making his decision. "I am hoping to have a chance to play and contribute early in my career and I want to find a coaching staff that can help me develop individually," said Brimah who also said he hopes to play for a coach with a history of developing professional players.
One of the top frontcourt prospects in the state's 2013 class, Brimah is hard at work in the gym preparing for a successful senior season at Archbishop Carroll and has his eyes on preparing for the next level as well. "I'm trying to improve my strength and develop more post moves with my back to the basket," added the already NCAA qualified senior who carries a 3.3 GPA.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Hobbs better get on the horn soon.

Isn't there another high ranked big man from Florida that recently reclassified to 2013? Any word on talks with him?

Reaction Score
Not sure this is happening. One of the reporters said they are all in Miami and thinks hobbs flying back with the team.. will look into it

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
From chev over on UConnBall.com:

"It looks like Amida is very high on UConn. I spoke with his guardian last night and he said that UConn and Wake Forest are the main two involved right now and they're looking to plan a visit or two."

Reaction Score
From chev over on UConnBall.com:

"It looks like Amida is very high on UConn. I spoke with his guardian last night and he said that UConn and Wake Forest are the main two involved right now and they're looking to plan a visit or two."

And obviously since we beat Wake Forest we should be his #1 right... RIGHT???

Please let us get this guy

Reaction Score
Todays Hartford Courant today says there is "optimism about landing him." All the coaches have been to Miami to see him

Reaction Score
Todays Hartford Courant today says there is "optimism about landing him." All the coaches have been to Miami to see him
Please Lord. Give us a break.

Reaction Score
Rather wait
There you go again. Does that mean you'd rather wait for another big man recruit? It might be a rather long wait until he commits? You would rather have some other recruit named Wait? So what does this 2 word post mean?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
hes better than that kid from ca we offered. thats a start for now impact and long termpotential recruit wise on a big guy...

Reaction Score
A couple of nice things, the block around the 50 second mark and how quickly he made it to transition for a big man.......and the 2 handed block where he caught it too, nice for a raw kid. Lots to work with as you can't teach that kind of length!!!

Reaction Score
Good news, good news!!!!. What the heck is good news its been so long I not sure what good news is anymore. Actually the job KO is doing is good news, being 9-2 is good news and only 8pts away from being 10-0. Good news would be KO getting the contract ASAP. The conference situation being straightened out and hopefully it works in our favor and we land in a good place and yes getting a big man that is ready to play out of the gate. Good news!!!!!!! Have a great new year and hoping for what else -Good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom