Amida Brimah in Spurs Training Camp | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amida Brimah in Spurs Training Camp

Reaction Score
Living down here in San Antonio - no word on how training camp is going and I know our big man has an uphill battle to win a roster spot, however its been reported that Larry Brown has been lurking the sidelines during this weeks workouts. He coached against Amida for 3 years while at SMU, maybe has some good tips for him and can put in good words to Pop. Would be great to get to the games this year with both Rudy and Amida on the roster.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
With his ability to run the court, dunk off alley-oops, block shots he may end up being useful in the NBA. To get there, though, he definitely needs more upper body strength for that league, and work on footwork and using his lower body better to hold his position. There were a few flashes in the summer league, and you can't teach 7 feet. The Spurs see potential, and I can see why.

Reaction Score
Good luck to the kid. I hope he finds his path and is successful. If there is anyone who can get the most out of him, I really do think it is the spurs. They love to have hard nosed, tough players who play smart.

Reaction Score
In the same game, Marcus Williams DNP for the Kings.

Reaction Score
Amida's first action in NBA preseason:

2/3 from the floor including this nice dunk, 2/2 at the line, 6 points total, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 2 TOs, +5 overall in 10 minutes of time. None of the other guys "competing" for a roster spot played all that well.

I like how the Spurs bench reacted too.

Reaction Score
He won't get outhustled on the court. He has always been a 100% player.

Actually from a guy who never was fond of much of his game I did like his attitude and work ethic. And a good kid as you can tell by the reaction of his teammates of all of 1-2 weeks.

You may be short on him with 100 closer to a 110%er. Wish him well.

Reaction Score
Well from that clip alone it looks like he's still learning and moving forward post-UConn play. That's a great sign, to me he never was able to grab the ball and throw it down that quickly in a UConn uni

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom