Amida Brimah I owe someone an apology | The Boneyard

Amida Brimah I owe someone an apology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Someone infamously , until today, posted that he thought AB would have a 30 point 15 rebound game this year. Well 40 and 12 covers it.
That prediction drew a lot of scorn from me and quite a few others. My apologies!
When Brimah hit 30 i literally lol! and thought about that poster. I dont think i trashed him but im sure i thought it was a little too optimistic. Absolutely classic.

Reaction Score
I also have to credit the OP, as much as I want to put an asterisk on his achievement today.

Reaction Score
I also have to credit the OP, as much as I want to put an asterisk on his achievement today.

Perfectly said... I am utterly shocked that the only player other than Donyell to hit 40 in my UConn lifetime is Amida. That being said, I think he had half of his points off uncontested dunks and 10 from the line. So basically 30 "free" points against the worst defensive frontline I've ever seen. On top of that, he dropped at least three perfect passes for dunks as well.

Reaction Score
Someone is complaining that a 7 footer scored easy points on dunks? When you think about yiur own comments comeback and see me. Lets also discount that he went 14-16 from the ft line and hustled more than any other player on the floor. Hope the crow has some sugar on it

Reaction Score
boog204 said:
Perfectly said... I am utterly shocked that the only player other than Donyell to hit 40 in my UConn lifetime is Amida. That being said, I think he had half of his points off uncontested dunks and 10 from the line. So basically 30 "free" points against the worst defensive frontline I've ever seen. On top of that, he dropped at least three perfect passes for dunks as well.

14-16 at the line. For all of the asterisks his performance may warrant, that's one area he deserves full credit for. He looked really good with his stroke. That consistent shooting stroke could also project into a decent mid range shot that could help him stick at the next level (something that held back Okafor and Thabeet). He's teased with that 15-footer a couple times this year, but if he keeps putting the work in, he could make that a useful weapon on the offensive end that could enable him to climb a few spots on the draft board.

Reaction Score
Someone is complaining that a 7 footer scored easy points on dunks? When you think about yiur own comments comeback and see me. Lets also discount that he went 14-16 from the ft line and hustled more than any other player on the floor. Hope the crow has some sugar on it

Not complaining... Just pointing out that this was a "unique" team we were playing against. We're not talking post move dunks, we're talking for the most part uncontested alley oops. It was an amazing performance for sure- but do you think he scores 40 against any other team on our schedule?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Hey, the original claim didn't say he would get his 30 and 15 against Duke. Just that one game he would tee it up.
I love his reverse lay up. I saw a lot of them today.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Amida's biggest game of his UConn career will be with Duke on Thursday. Okafor is probably the No.1 pick this year. If Amida does well or competes, then his stock rises in the eyes of the scouts. He may not play another big man of this caliber the rest of this season.
Coppin State doesn't count for the 30/15 standard. If he does it against Okafor....

Reaction Score

Not diminishing Amida's night, which was great, but not a lot of crow to be eaten after this one. Coppin State was about as bad a team as we could hope to play. Now if your prediction that Lubin is in the NBA after his junior year comes true I will definitely eat some crow.

Reaction Score
Do I think he can score 30 again this year yes more important for amida is rebounding he really tried to gethem today for the team he needs to kep it up.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I missed the game, was the guy guarding him like 6'6 or something? Love the free throw % though!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I missed the game, was the guy guarding him like 6'6 or something? Love the free throw % though!
Basically, every time Hamilton drove into the lane, everyone would come to him and he would just lob it up to Amida standing by himself near the hoop. To his credit, after a few went through his hands he got the idea they would be throwing that to him and he got up and stuffed most of them without going to the floor first. The rest of the guards saw the outcome and started to drive and oop but most (8 of 13?) were from Hamilton. When he did go to the floor, the defense would foul and he cashed in at the line. That pretty much sums up every point he scored.

Reaction Score
I'm also one of the ones who said I didn't think he'd get 30/15 in game. 40/12 is pretty impressive against anyone.

Reaction Score
In UConn's 3 losses he scored a combined 24 points, 14 against Yale.

I'm also one of the ones who said I didn't think he'd get 30/15 in game. 40/12 is pretty impressive against anyone.

Reaction Score
Not complaining... Just pointing out that this was a "unique" team we were playing against. We're not talking post move dunks, we're talking for the most part uncontested alley oops. It was an amazing performance for sure- but do you think he scores 40 against any other team on our schedule?
Can't believe someone has to go out of their way to minimize his performance, before the game no one thought he would go for 40 if he was the only guy on the court. Give Tue kid his due. He scored 40 against a d1 team. I'd like to see the list of centers at the end of the year that do that against coppin state.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

Yea, I mean to really be soup to nuts right about the projection, you'd have to have said that 30 points would be much more likely than 15 rebounds but only against one of our lesser opponents, and I don't think anyone saw that coming.

15 boards seems almost impossible to me. If Ollie does want to play up tempo AND if AB becomes the low post weapon I think he will be this year then an early season 30 against one of our lesser opponents seems plausible. 15 boards seems out of the realm of reason.

http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads...-15-games-this-year.66416/page-2#post-1098535

:D

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Did any1 else see that Amida announced his plans to declare for the NBA draft during his post game interview? He followed the same blueprint laid out by DeAndre Daniels of announcing for the draft for fear that his stock would never get any higher........

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Amida's biggest game of his UConn career will be with Duke on Thursday. Okafor is probably the No.1 pick this year. If Amida does well or competes, then his stock rises in the eyes of the scouts. He may not play another big man of this caliber the rest of this season.
Coppin State doesn't count for the 30/15 standard. If he does it against Okafor....

Bullchips, 40/12 is 40/12. Every good team plays cupcakes every year, yet rarely do we see guys go for 40/12. I am not saying it would be the same as doing it against the Devils...but don't crap on what he did yesterday either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom