Amida Brimah I owe someone an apology | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amida Brimah I owe someone an apology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not complaining... Just pointing out that this was a "unique" team we were playing against. We're not talking post move dunks, we're talking for the most part uncontested alley oops. It was an amazing performance for sure- but do you think he scores 40 against any other team on our schedule?
shut up, please

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for Brimah, UConn's next game is against Duke in Jersey. This means that Brimah will pick-up two fouls for just having eh nerve to walk on the court while Okafor is there and will pick-up a 3d before half for just standing anywhere near him. That's aid, awesome game against Coppin, especially from the line. Not many big men can shoot like that. He has definitely work his tail off in the off-season.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Unfortunately for Brimah, UConn's next game is against Duke in Jersey. This means that Brimah will pick-up two fouls for just having eh nerve to walk on the court while Okafor is there and will pick-up a 3d before half for just standing anywhere near him. That's aid, awesome game against Coppin, especially from the line. Not many big men can shoot like that. He has definitely work his tail off in the off-season.

In all seriousness, the 2 fouls will come in some combination on Okafor's first 3 shots.

Reaction Score
11 Daniel Hamilton lobs & feeds?

Amida Brimah continues to prove great things to me. And he is most athletic for a 7 footer; and I always thought we are going to see far more. But ... c'mon ... Hamilton has a touch on this that is beyond anything we have seen in the last 20 years. Draw ... Dish.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Amida Brimah continues to prove great things to me. And he is most athletic for a 7 footer; and I always thought we are going to see far more. But ... c'mon ... Hamilton has a touch on this that is beyond anything we have seen in the last 20 years. Draw ... Dish.

Serious question:

When was the last game that there were 2 UCONN double-doubles?

Rhetorical question:

Wasn't this exactly a situation where in the past people would be saying, "Why can't/don't they just do this all night?" . . . and didn't they do just that?

Irresistible question:

What's up w/the qualifications and minimizing?

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Statistically, this was an absolutely stellar performance which will likely be hard to duplicate.
However, even a small boost in confidence and his comfort level in catching and finishing through contact at the back of a zone will reap solid benefits throughout the season.
12 ppg, 5 rpg and 3 bpg is not out of the question for the rest of the season...go Amida!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great night for Amidah. Still think his best game was against UCF last season, but this game was close.
In addition to the stats there were four things I felt were significant about his play last night.

First. Because of his play the refs finally called a foul on a opposing player who pinned one of Amida's arms as he was leaping for an offensive rebound. People are probably correct that Okafer will get calls Thursday, but I believe as Amidah has more great games he will be the beneficiary of refs calls in the future. And that will create many more opportunities for offensive rebounds.

Second. KO had Amidah flash to the middle of the key in the middle of the second half when Coppin State played zone. The Coppin State center went towards Amidah as Dham drove. Kentan flashed to the board for a DHam lob. Uconn badly needs a post player to get this type of attention. Now if the perimeter players can make more threes the game opens up on the offensive end.

Third. Amidah was finally double teamed and he made a beautiful pass to a cutting UConn player.

Fourth. After missing that beautiful pass from DHam, Amidah went into overdrive. He sustained that play for most of the remainder of the game.

The schedule softens up after the Duke game and I'm hoping to see more games like this one from Amidah albeit I doubt he matches this one. Hope he proves me wrong.

Reaction Score
Perfectly said... I am utterly shocked that the only player other than Donyell to hit 40 in my UConn lifetime is Amida. That being said, I think he had half of his points off uncontested dunks and 10 from the line. So basically 30 "free" points against the worst defensive frontline I've ever seen. On top of that, he dropped at least three perfect passes for dunks as well.
Kemba had 42

pj

Reaction Score
First step is to be able to play like this once, against anyone. Next step is to be able to play like this sometimes. The final step is to play like this consistently.

Amida's taken his first step!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Brimah had a great game. Now I want him to build on it and keep improving.

Hamilton is unbelievable though. At present, I think he's UConn's best PG, SG, SF and possibly PF. He's got a Magic Johnson like ability to handle and distribute which is unusual for a guy his size. I didn't expect this from him. Knew he was athletic, but his ball-handling and passing are very impressive. He is the perfect zone-buster.

Reaction Score
All the give Amida an asterisk people:

Kemba's 40 came against Vermont

Note to those people: You only go off against a team that can't matchup with you! This wasn't Duke, and if anyone expects anything close to 30 on Thursday, then they are insane. Most teams have more size than Coppin, but a 40/ 12 is a 40/12. Don't care who it's against, as long as it's a D1 team. Tremendous performance, and hopefully it boosts his confidence moving forward. He's gonna have his ups and downs, but if he continues to work hard, and progress, he's gonna leave here a great one.

Reaction Score
Statistically, this was an absolutely stellar performance which will likely be hard to duplicate.
However, even a small boost in confidence and his comfort level in catching and finishing through contact at the back of a zone will reap solid benefits throughout the season.
12 ppg, 5 rpg and 3 bpg is not out of the question for the rest of the season...go Amida!

The rebounds are the issue. You want closer to 8/9 from a center his size. But I agree with the 12/3. That would be a good goal for him.

C

Chief00

14-16 at the line. For all of the asterisks his performance may warrant, that's one area he deserves full credit for. He looked really good with his stroke. That consistent shooting stroke could also project into a decent mid range shot that could help him stick at the next level (something that held back Okafor and Thabeet). He's teased with that 15-footer a couple times this year, but if he keeps putting the work in, he could make that a useful weapon on the offensive end that could enable him to climb a few spots on the draft board.

His foul shooting indicates he put time in this summer - which he did.

C

Chief00

Brimah had a great game. Now I want him to build on it and keep improving.

Hamilton is unbelievable though. At present, I think he's UConn's best PG, SG, SF and possibly PF. He's got a Magic Johnson like ability to handle and distribute which is unusual for a guy his size. I didn't expect this from him. Knew he was athletic, but his ball-handling and passing are very impressive. He is the perfect zone-buster.

Quite frankly, I agree that Hamilton has the full tool box and a very special ability to pass the ball. He really makes scoring easy for the receiver and the pass and the shot become one - he is that good potentially. Of course he needs to cut down turnovers, become a knock down shooter and get much stronger - but he has a knack for the game that comes from him playing countless games against his older brothers from an early age. You can't teach that - it's an experience that most guys don't have.
Who does he remind me of ? - a younger Magic without Magic's strength - the way he gets a rebound dribbles up court with great vision. Thats what he can aspire to - we will see how hard he works to become that proto-type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom