Amida a Hero! | The Boneyard

Amida a Hero!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm tired of reading negative comments about UCONN'S center. Obviously a lot of these people are not true Husky fans and don't know nothing about basketball. I don't care if the 40 points came against a division 3 school. The kid is a freaking winner and always working hard to get better. Okafor played against Elon and still couldn't score 40. When he made the last play against st joseph to win the game everyone was praising him. Just one game against duke and all these haters criticizing. Everyone keeps forgetting the kid only started playing ball at the age of 16. If you watched the game closely Okafor did not have his way easily against him. The last play where he fouled out, he actually blocked Okafor and the ref called that bull. All this criticizing wouldn't help. Yea he had 0 points but its not like he actually attempted a field goal with the exception of the jump shot. Husky fans need to still ride with the Husky no matter what and not just celebrate when there's only a win. The kid pours his heart out day in and day out on that court and all people do is drink beer and criticize. Amida is a Hero and will be good come March!!!

pj

Reaction Score
The kid has natural talent and a great attitude and work ethic. He's going to be a great player.

I'm very optimistic about the team. With Kentan, Amida, DHam, Rodney, and Boat we have an excellent starting 5. Four of those guys only have 1 year or less of college experience, and the 1 year wasn't with each other, so there is a lot of room for improvement both individually and chemistry wise by March.

I doubt we can surpass Duke and Kentucky due to their superior depth and more rounded players, but we have a chance to go very far. It will be a fun year.

Reaction Score
I'm tired of reading negative comments about UCONN'S center. Obviously a lot of these people are not true Husky fans and don't know nothing about basketball. I don't care if the 40 points came against a division 3 school. The kid is a freaking winner and always working hard to get better. Okafor played against Elon and still couldn't score 40. When he made the last play against st joseph to win the game everyone was praising him. Just one game against duke and all these haters criticizing. Everyone keeps forgetting the kid only started playing ball at the age of 16. If you watched the game closely Okafor did not have his way easily against him. The last play where he fouled out, he actually blocked Okafor and the ref called that bull. All this criticizing wouldn't help. Yea he had 0 points but its not like he actually attempted a field goal with the exception of the jump shot. Husky fans need to still ride with the Husky no matter what and not just celebrate when there's only a win. The kid pours his heart out day in and day out on that court and all people do is drink beer and criticize. Amida is a Hero and will be good come March!!!

Everyone loves Amida and is totally behind him. This is a basketball discussion board and there will be criticism of players who we expect to perform to a certain level. That's come with playing in a national champion program like it or not. Great kid, expect big things from him as a Husky.

Do me a favor for Christmas though, get him a HUGE box of rebounds! :oops:

Reaction Score
I love the kids hustle and he saved our bacon against St. Joe's last year.

Reaction Score
He did, biggest basket of last 3 years. Beyond that his play against top 25 teams is mediocre to bad. He's had several games with 15-20 mins and either fouling out or 4 fouls and not being a factor.

I think he can be consistent next year, I hope, but needs a full offseason of weights and working on game. Facey too for that matter if he's going to develop any post game.

I love the kids hustle and he saved our bacon against St. Joe's last year.

Reaction Score
Elon stepped up. Far beyond Coppin.

There - 2cents

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
my family and friends love AB, I'm sure most people do

Reaction Score
Well he may have set Husky record for time-to-first-foul and trip to the pines.

Reaction Score
sledog said:
Well he may have set Husky record for time-to-first-foul and trip to the pines.

I think Austrie still holds the record for quickest trip to the pines to start a career, but that's a different category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom