American Pharoh | The Boneyard

American Pharoh

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It does get really loud. Was there when Real Quiet got beat by a nose. Place was electric in the stretch run.

Good for Baffert. Seems like he's mellowed and matured over the years.

Fwiw, I did have Keen Ice to show, but the payoff stunk ($4.60).

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
There's the correct way to spell it, there's the incorrect way that happens to be the way it's actually spelled, and then there's the Jibsey way.

That was an incredible performance. Wire to wire, going away.

Reaction Score
It does get really loud. Was there when Real Quiet got beat by a nose. Place was electric in the stretch run.

Good for Baffert. Seems like he's mellowed and matured over the years.

Fwiw, I did have Keen Ice to show, but the payoff stunk ($4.60).

Cha-ching! Looks like McDonald's on you tonight!

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
he seems like a deserving horse but is he really an all-time great horse?
i don't know enough about horse racing to say.
anyone know how his times compare to other times of the all-time great horses?

Reaction Score
There's the correct way to spell it, there's the incorrect way that happens to be the way it's actually spelled, and then there's the Jibsey way.

That was an incredible performance. Wire to wire, going away.
Faye Row? How bout Yul Brunner? He was an American Pharroh.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Just came back. Place was crazy. To my surprise an older man sitting near me started the UConn chant and tons of people joined in.
Lol. I'm gonna get on a public bus someday and just start the UConn chant just to see how many looks/people I can get to go along with it. I'd have to imagine it'd be really funny.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I think so. AP is a great combination of speed and stamina. Going into the Derby, this crop of 3-year-olds was being touted as the best in many years. And Pharoah won the Triple Crown with ease. As opposed to the Belmont where he just ran faster, longer than all the rest; I think he really showed his stuff in the Preakness. He ran hard, early that race. And after he put the other speed horse away, he smoothly, slowed it back down. Then he calmly let the other horses run to him, before running off and putting them away. Great horses have gears like that.

Reaction Score
I'm really just hoping he spawns a thoroughbred named "American Psycho"

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
i don't know enough about horse racing to say.
anyone know how his times compare to other times of the all-time great horses?
Second fastest Belmont of all time next to Secretariat. Yes of all time great horse

Reaction Score
Secretariat was a rock star. American pharaoh is close with Affirmed. Great and totally beautiful horses.

Reaction Score
gampelcrazies said:
Just came back. Place was crazy. To my surprise an older man sitting near me started the UConn chant and tons of people joined in.

That was a B1G tester gauging the fan base. Excellent.

Reaction Score
Secretariat was a rock star. American pharaoh is close with Affirmed. Great and totally beautiful horses.

Horse racing has changed dramatically since Secretariat ran. The training, breeding and care of horses has leveled the field, if Sec ran today, I'm not sure he'd be that much dominant.

Reaction Score
Horse racing has changed dramatically since Secretariat ran. The training, breeding and care of horses has leveled the field, if Sec ran today, I'm not sure he'd be that much dominant.

He still holds the Belmont record by 2 seconds, which is between 10-12 lengths at that distance. He would still dominate.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how much the horse is getting to make little Pharoahs?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how much the horse is getting to make little Pharoahs?
Pretty sure I read about 30 million but after yesterday the number could now be close to 50

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Sounds reasonable - thinking horses have to be better trained, fed, bred, etc. but a quick look at Wikipedia proves otherwise. Secretariat would be destroying even today's fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom