American Basketball Pairings Announced at 11 am tomorrow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

American Basketball Pairings Announced at 11 am tomorrow

Reaction Score
That's some pretty good opportunity. UCF, ECU, and SMU could easily round out the bottom of the conference so only having to play them once is solid for SOS.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Not bad. At least we only have to play one of ECU/Tulane twice. It's only when playing either of them that it really feels like a true Mickey mouse League.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ideally it would be Nova twice, Georgetown twice, St John’s twice, Providence twice...

These are the kind of posts that call out for a dislike button.

I'd just like some nice home games, especially in Gampel. So if we play any of Memphis, Houston, Cinci, WSU just one time, I'd like it to be at home.

Edit: just saw the results. Got exactly what I asked for.

Reaction Score
Not having to go to Wichita is nice. That's a real long trip that we don't have to make.

Not super thrilled that 3 of the 4 teams we're only playing once are good teams (SMU, Wichita, UCF) but it is what it is. Suppose that is partly because there are more good teams in our league now than the past few years.

Reaction Score
Confused why you would want a much worse schedule
I don’t think adding UConn to our conference schedule would make it much worse. It would be good for the northeast rivalries.

Reaction Score
I want to play the best competition in the conference too, but realistically I could see a lot of losses just right there. Be careful what you wish for? I'm torn on this
I hear you but it also means you don’t need as many wins ( NCAA) than if you played the bottom teams twice.
The truth is road wins will be tough either way ,you have to protect home turf something we’ve been bad at recently.

Reaction Score
Not having to go to Wichita is nice. That's a real long trip that we don't have to make.

Not super thrilled that 3 of the 4 teams we're only playing once are good teams (SMU, Wichita, UCF) but it is what it is. Suppose that is partly because there are more good teams in our league now than the past few years.

Those 3 teams are either not going to be good, or as good as you think. It is preferable to be a Tulsa or Tulane there but this is not a loss.

Reaction Score

SMU and UCF lost a lot and are probably not going to be very good this year. The only thing I could change would be to swap WSU for Tulane but aside from that I’m very satisfied.

Reaction Score
Those 3 teams are either not going to be good, or as good as you think. It is preferable to be a Tulsa or Tulane there but this is not a loss.
Word, that makes sense the more I think about it. Still though, even if UCF is a worse team on paper than USF next year, I'd still rather play the team that pushed Duke to the limit in the last NCAA tournament. Feels like there is more buzz there. At least we got 'em at home though.

With SMU, as bad as they've been, I'll miss them on the home schedule this year. That felt like it could have been a decent AAC rivalry before both of our teams went off the rails.

Reaction Score
That's a really solid home slate. Four very strong teams, two more that could well become very good in Temple, and USF, a not great, but usually respectable team in Tulsa, and a wild card in UCF. Tulane is really the only turd in there, and every team does need a breather or two during the season.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

ECU plays four good teams once. Playing them once means you don't play them twice. It's favorable from a wins perspective.

Reaction Score
ECU plays four good teams once. Playing them once means you don't play them twice. It's favorable from a wins perspective.
That's the smart way to set the schedule up. Let the best teams play each other as much as possible, while giving the also rans more games against each other, giving the better stragglers a chance to pile up some wins. Might give one of them a chance to reach the NIT.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not super thrilled that 3 of the 4 teams we're only playing once are good teams (SMU, Wichita, UCF)
2 out of those three are home games, at least

Reaction Score
Ideal schedule is Tulsa and SMU only at home (we are to be incapable of winning at their place) and ECU and Tulane only on the road (if we are going to play in front of an empty gym it might as well be at their place).

Reaction Score
Excited! Planning on going to Dallas/Fort Worth area for either the SMU away game or the tail end of the AAC tournament. A close friend of mine just moved to Dallas, so this will be a great opportunity to fly for a game!

Reaction Score
Excited! Planning on going to Dallas/Fort Worth area for either the SMU away game or the tail end of the AAC tournament. A close friend of mine just moved to Dallas, so this will be a great opportunity to fly for a game!
Worth the trip to either. DFW is booming right now

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom